Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered
    Jul 2013
    Kingdom Hearts Union X.

Default Re: Union X: Agrabah story update

Quote Originally Posted by Hakan Xatos View Post
    And some people thought that KH2's intro was too long. You're right though. I mean the new five Union Leaders just got together a little while ago and we know the origin of Dream Eaters, but nothing substantial has really happened.
    I was just about to say we basically just finished the intro like kh 2's long intro. XD The logos appearing are pretty much the hints; I personally consider once we reach up to the reveal of all 5 new leaders, that's the ending of unchained X and official beginning of Union X.

Registered
    May 2009

Makes we wonder if this will be the KH game where we actually meet the sultan and enter the palace. With Beast Castle they actually introduced Gaston and Belle's father. Union X looks to follow more closely to some of the films than before.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    So in other words it's just filler with Player Avatar insert?
    So what if it is? The presentations of the Disney worlds are such good eye-candy with their visual presentation that I'm okay with the filler stuff. Yeah yeah, "The story moves at a snail's pace", but this game shows no signs of ending anytime soon.

And besides, a new Disney world is going to debut in the game too (which I highly doubt will be plot relevant). You are aware that one of the biggest draws of Kingdom Hearts is the Disney worlds featured, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ultima-demi View Post
    Makes we wonder if this will be the KH game where we actually meet the sultan and enter the palace. With Beast Castle they actually introduced Gaston and Belle's father. Union X looks to follow more closely to some of the films than before.
    I really hope that happens. Matter of fact, we should have met the sultan way before this story took place. We've been doing errands for the guards from here to there so I'm surprised that we have yet to meet the sultan. Personally, I'd be dissapointed if we don't battle Serpent Jafar as the final boss. Genie Jafar is more iconic but he was in the original movie for such a short amount of time.

Registered
    Sep 2017
    None

And some people thought that KH2's intro was too long. You're right though. I mean the new five Union Leaders just got together a little while ago and we know the origin of Dream Eaters, but nothing substantial has really happened.
    How many things that can make Chi says "hold my beer?" On meta level it is darker than BBS, gives more mind screw than DDD, and longer intro than KH2... What's next?

Registered
    Apr 2015

aw, it's nice to finally see jasmine. i really do hope we also see the sultan. he'd be so cute in khx graphics.

Registered
    Nov 2014
    "real life" on critical

Woho, Agrabah. Haven't missed this place.

Registered
    Mar 2015
    finny fun

Kingdom Hearts, a game where you get to visit exciting Disney worlds such as Agrabah, a different side of Agrabah, data Agrabah, book illusion Agrabah, the first Agrabah again, Disney Town, and did I mention also Agrabah. Love it.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Persona 5

Quote Originally Posted by catcake View Post
    Kingdom Hearts, a game where you get to visit exciting Disney worlds such as Agrabah, a different side of Agrabah, data Agrabah, book illusion Agrabah, the first Agrabah again, Disney Town, and did I mention also Agrabah. Love it.
    You sure have a lot of ways to spell "empty desert areas with literally nothing but hidden enemies that will force you to redo quests over and over"

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Pfft, looks like Chi is aiming to do everything up to eleven, especially the most annoying bits of the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sign View Post
    You know it! :D
    Sheesh, what a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokey123 View Post
    I dunno I don't think we are really meant to view Unchained as its own separate story. Rather I consider the war in the browser versions to basically be the KH2 RG event cluster fudge. You know the story kind of crawled at a snail's pace with only bits and pieces here or there then ramped up majorly for a huge climax style event (in this case the tensions between the unions peaking, dealing with the nightmare, finding Gula, and the war itself) and then there was another entire second half of the game still to go where the pacing once again kind of goes to a crawl. To me it doesn't feel like we're just starting it feels to me like the new union leader story is just continuing with where the foreteller story left off. Basically I divide it like this...

Up to meeting Ephemer and then him never showing up to our promised meeting - Intro
    Our daily lives and search for Ephemer including meeting Skuld and learning of the dandelions - First portion of the game/first word visits
    Trying to find a way to stop the war, fighting the nightmare, and dealing with the war - Climactic middle
    Reliving our initial lives until things start dividing - Second portion of the game/literal world return visits
    The introduction of the dandelion leaders who are replacing the foretellers and their story kicking into gear - start of pre-final world stuff like doing Hollow Bastion visit 1
    ????????????????? (The equivalent of Traverse Town/Hollow Bastion Visit 2/World revisits for extra story/bosses)
    ????????????????? (The end of the game ala EotW)

I mean because as it stands right now....the current pacing of Unchained's plot when taken alone is just a complete mess.
    Also a way of looking at it of course.
    It doesn't really add up with the "Season"-monikers though as i.e. seasons of a series normally do have a central conflict and story that is confined to the season itself.

The main reason though why I consider Browser-Chi its own thing is because it has a totally different cast of characters in central roles.
    In Browser-Chi, you have the original Foretellers, Ephemer is a side character rather than a major player and Blaine, Ventus and Lauriam do not even appear.
    In Unchained/Union X the original Foretellers (and the original conflict) are gone, Ephemer is now a central character and the above mentioned three (and Strelitzia, for a while) take center stage.

I certainly agree though that the pacing of the story and the "snail's pace" was there in Browser-Chi as well and that one was a total mess too.
    All "answers" that are/were given by both Browser-Chi and Unchained/Union so far are nothing substantial or relevant to the truly big mysteries, most scratch only surfaces and serve to give further WTF-moments and headscratching.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Baymax View Post
    So what if it is? The presentations of the Disney worlds are such good eye-candy with their visual presentation that I'm okay with the filler stuff. Yeah yeah, "The story moves at a snail's pace", but this game shows no signs of ending anytime soon.

And besides, a new Disney world is going to debut in the game too (which I highly doubt will be plot relevant). You are aware that one of the biggest draws of Kingdom Hearts is the Disney worlds featured, right?
    To each their own I'd say.
    Personally I consider it a waste of screentime just like some of the Disney worlds in KH 2 were. I've seen many of the Disney movies more than a dozen times, I don't need yet another rehash of the same thing with just one or two original characters thrown in.
    If they have zero impact and connection to the actual main narrative they're just taking up space and since the whole series' track record of presenting the main narrative in a comprehensive way that also puts lots of focus on the actual characters is rather lackluster, this isn't a good thing.
    Not to mention that due to the long gaps many people who are interested in the actual main story will have already forgotten the details of the previous part when the next one finally releases.

If the Disney worlds had actual meaning beyond pandering to nostalgia feelings and providing a simple setting for stretching out things I would assume the draw would be even bigger.
    I can of course only speak for myself but the Disney worlds are certainly not the biggest draw of KH for me. In fact I mostly don't even care which Disney worlds are featured but more how they are implemented.

Registered
    Apr 2009
    KHUX and LoZ:BotW

*Comes over from seeing the mass Youtube upload spree* So...Agrabah again, but this time we're following the main story plot? Given the premise of the game and how important the 7 lights are, I would be fine under normal circumstances. Story-wise it makes sense, especially since Jasmine had yet to be introduced.

The Problem myself and I think everyone else in this topic has is more gameplay-wise. In UX, the first Agrabah plot dragged on WAAAAAAY too long a was legitimate filler on numerous occasions, with only 3-4 visits actually dealing with Abu's disappearance and the Heartless he hitched a ride on. All the rest was grunt work involving the guards and a lot if it was basically backtracking through areas we'd been in multiple times. With almost every single screen as a separate mission. And while Agrabah wasn't the only world to abuse it, it was certainly the worst. Hell, the other two worlds that abused filler stages, being Dwarf Woodlands and Wonderland, wrapped up their Princess of Light aspects and main plot long before we found Abu in Agrabah. It. Dragged. ONNN.

So for our sanity's sake, I hope they keep this segment concise, and that it'll be the LAST time we see it in KHUX, at least in terms of Story Quests. If they handle this more like Beast's Castle and Enchanted Dominion, it'll be fine, especially since the plot is more relevant and we get to see Jaffar and even Genie, who will hopefully have some witty dialogue with Player. Just...no more busywork quests in the world. The damn Cat Chase in Castle of Dreams was insulting, and we haven't had anything really crazy since so I'd like to keep the trend going.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

Yea it always bothered me Jasmine had nothing to do with the awful Agrabah plot they did before, since this game focuses on the princesses. I love the Aladdin movie and this was the only game I thought the plot they used was meh.

That being said just redoing the movie plot is also bland lol. Oh well, I do like the X graphics a lot so its nice to see more characters in it.

Registered
    Jul 2017
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    On a side note I do wonder why these are labeled "main" story quests when they have as much to do with the main story as Donald Trump has with climate protection.
    Sigh. Why do you people have to inject politics into everything? It's like some weird obsession. It's so obnoxious.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamine-Amarine View Post
    Sigh. Why do you people have to inject politics into everything? It's like some weird obsession. It's so obnoxious.
    Probably because they actually affect our daily lives and world around us. Also climate protection shouldn't even be "politics" at all, it should be common sense, thats kind of the point of his joke.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Persona 5

Quote Originally Posted by Sora2016 View Post
    Probably because they actually affect our daily lives and world around us. Also climate protection shouldn't even be "politics" at all, it should be common sense, thats kind of the point of his joke.
    Also, I don't really see this weird obsession with politics. I don't recall Sephy (or anyone else) constantly spamming Trump comparisons in the threads.
    It's like a one-time reference of a movie, a different videogame or a sport: take it for what it is or ignore it.

And yes, it's not even "injecting" politics: it's an out of place comparison, it's like saying Gordon Ramsay and fantasy novels. I don't see anything promoting or demoting Trump at all.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

I should probably repeat the sigh and lament on why some people are utterly incapable of understanding what an analogy is.
    The emphasis of that statement was about Disney-filler quests in Ux labeled as "main story", I could've used literally any other analogy in the second part, that one was just the one what came immediately into my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sora2016 View Post
    The User Aquamine-Amarine literally missed the point of my statement by like a few lightyears anyways. It wasn't about politics at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    Also, I don't really see this weird obsession with politics. I don't recall Sephy (or anyone else) constantly spamming Trump comparisons in the threads.
    It's like a one-time reference of a movie, a different videogame or a sport: take it for what it is or ignore it.

And yes, it's not even "injecting" politics: it's an out of place comparison, it's like saying Gordon Ramsay and fantasy novels. I don't see anything promoting or demoting Trump at all.
    Exactly, it's called making an analogy.

Some people apparently just want to see things in a certain way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast