Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered
    Apr 2012
    Default Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 Novel Cover Revealed!

Goofy being completely extra makes for an amazing cover. I'd be down for a print of this just since the trio look amazing.

Raz
    Registered
    Mar 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Megavoltage View Post
    I'm dying to see what changes are made during the Keyblade Graveyard confrontation.
    As someone who has never read the novels, are there significant changes/expansions to the plot, usually? I seem to remember reading that Vanitas got more character development.

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    As someone who has never read the novels, are there significant changes/expansions to the plot, usually? I seem to remember reading that Vanitas got more character development.
    Not insanely different but for example the CoM novel dedicated almost the entire second part to Repliku’s twisted memories and point of view. The KH2 novels add some really great looks at what Riku, Axel, and Namine we’re doing while Sora was off traveling the worlds (+ all of the best Sora and Riku moments to ever exist). BBS has a lot of good content like the Vanitas backstory and a lot of family stuff for TAV & Eraqus. Days is a shocking gem. The various days of Roxas and Xion’s lives feel more lively and engaging to experience.

Registered
    Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Megavoltage View Post
    I'm dying to see what changes are made during the Keyblade Graveyard confrontation.
    We could get an actually conclusion to the Lingering Will vs. Terranort fight. I was annoyed both of them disappeared without any explanation

Zul

Registered
    Oct 2008

1. Sora head tilt in San Fransokyo
    2. Sora blep on novel cover.

Sora is 100% kitten confirmed.

Registered
    Oct 2011
    KHIII: Proud Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Sdog View Post
    Goofy being completely extra makes for an amazing cover. I'd be down for a print of this just since the trio look amazing.
    Not on topic, but since it's technically in the thread I just want you to know I officially hate you for putting something so obviously spoiler-ific in your sig.

Registered
    Mar 2017
    None

Ah it's good to see new Amano art after the manga ended
    I can't wait to see how he does the new outfits ^w^

Raz
    Registered
    Mar 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Spockanort View Post
    Not insanely different but for example the CoM novel dedicated almost the entire second part to Repliku’s twisted memories and point of view. The KH2 novels add some really great looks at what Riku, Axel, and Namine we’re doing while Sora was off traveling the worlds (+ all of the best Sora and Riku moments to ever exist). BBS has a lot of good content like the Vanitas backstory and a lot of family stuff for TAV & Eraqus. Days is a shocking gem. The various days of Roxas and Xion’s lives feel more lively and engaging to experience.
    Very interesting. Thank you! I'll have to check them out.

Registered
    Feb 2019
    None

Regrettably I've never read any of the novels or manga. Do they add anything to the overall plot or is it merely a step by step novelization of the games?

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Hoarse_Phuqer View Post
    Regrettably I've never read any of the novels or manga. Do they add anything to the overall plot or is it merely a step by step novelization of the games?
    I mentioned it on this page for Raz but for the novels:

"Not insanely different but for example the CoM novel dedicated almost the entire second part to Repliku’s twisted memories and point of view. The KH2 novels add some really great looks at what Riku, Axel, and Namine we’re doing while Sora was off traveling the worlds (+ all of the best Sora and Riku moments to ever exist). BBS has a lot of good content like the Vanitas backstory and a lot of family stuff for TAV & Eraqus. Days is a shocking gem. The various days of Roxas and Xion’s lives feel more lively and engaging to experience."

In the past they did add info that was not revealed in the games but was info Nomura provided to Kanemaki, for example Namine hints at Axel being revived after his sacrifice in the KH2 novel. This was prior to us knowing that when a Nobody and a Heartless are defeated, their "Somebody" would return.

The novels also take liberties on how certain events happened, which is good if you aren't looking for a 1:1 take on events.

The manga are a whole other ball-game. Amano takes a ton of liberties, which makes the manga its own story. They are really fun and exciting. Amano has rearranged certain events so the narrative flows better, and also cuts out a number of worlds to make a more engaging story.

Overall, I recommend both the novels and the manga series to any fan because they each offer up their own take on Kingdom Hearts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12