Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register


REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64
  1. #31
    Bronze Member Tartarus's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,163
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    Even if they did away with the numbers, games that aren't on the main console and have lesser graphics / gameplay will still be considered side pieces to me.

  2. #32
    Heartless SerDuncan's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    73
    Gender
    Playing
    Platinuming KH3

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    I really don't like KHUX, I think it's a scummy way to force Kingdom Hearts fans to play through a drip feed gacha game to get the story.

    The funny thing is, I actually love the handheld titles. Days is my favorite game in the franchise, and COM comes in at 3rd or 4th for me. I think part of why I loved those games originally was because I was nintendo fanboy. I had to rent a PS2 to play the OG games, but I owned a GB for Chain of Memories, and I bought a DS to play Days. I do recognize now, however, how unfair it might have been for Sony owners to have to purchase at least two handhelds they might not have owned, (and then one more for the PSP) just to play through relevant side games. At the end of the day however, I think that some of those handhled titles are some of the best in the franchise, and really bring a lot to the series

    All that said, I sincerely hope they stick to console releases this time. The Switch isn't a handheld like the GBA or the DS, and releasing an exclusive title for it would just piss fans off. If they're going to release KH games for the switch, it HAS to be games that are also on other platforms. It absolutely has to.

    I really hope they stick away from phones. The quality of KHUX's gameplay is nowhere near that of the handheld series, and I can't imagine Square Enix actually putting time in to make a decent mobile game like Dragalia Lost or Fate Go or Granblue Fantasy, considering the low quality of many of the FF titles.

    At this point, it's PS4 or bust for me, I'm afraid. If it's a "spinoff" on the PS4? Perfectly fine. But I don't think I'd be happy with a spinoff on another platform.

  3. #33
    Dream Eater LostArtist's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2016
    Age
    22
    Posts
    327
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by SerDuncan View Post
    I really don't like KHUX, I think it's a scummy way to force Kingdom Hearts fans to play through a drip feed gacha game to get the story.

    The funny thing is, I actually love the handheld titles. Days is my favorite game in the franchise, and COM comes in at 3rd or 4th for me. I think part of why I loved those games originally was because I was nintendo fanboy. I had to rent a PS2 to play the OG games, but I owned a GB for Chain of Memories, and I bought a DS to play Days. I do recognize now, however, how unfair it might have been for Sony owners to have to purchase at least two handhelds they might not have owned, (and then one more for the PSP) just to play through relevant side games. At the end of the day however, I think that some of those handhled titles are some of the best in the franchise, and really bring a lot to the series

    All that said, I sincerely hope they stick to console releases this time. The Switch isn't a handheld like the GBA or the DS, and releasing an exclusive title for it would just piss fans off. If they're going to release KH games for the switch, it HAS to be games that are also on other platforms. It absolutely has to.

    I really hope they stick away from phones. The quality of KHUX's gameplay is nowhere near that of the handheld series, and I can't imagine Square Enix actually putting time in to make a decent mobile game like Dragalia Lost or Fate Go or Granblue Fantasy, considering the low quality of many of the FF titles.

    At this point, it's PS4 or bust for me, I'm afraid. If it's a "spinoff" on the PS4? Perfectly fine. But I don't think I'd be happy with a spinoff on another platform.
    lol not for me. The story is great for a kh game, but that was the hardest thing to keep myself playing and to finish, I barely had fun with it. Also I don't play khux I just watch the relevant cutscenes :P

    regardless of what they call the next kh game, I want the next game to be on the newest engine
    but I wouldn't be mad if they released the next one on the switch as an exclusive cause I have one hahahahaha

  4. #34
    Nobody phoenixmiko's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    18
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    Well, Nomura DID say he wouldn't try to use the regular numbering convention anymore. But we'll have to see what Marketing has to say about this, seeing as how the game's title should be as clear as possible.

    Though I kinda get that he may want to change the numbering, what with the Roman numerals being related to the Xehanort Saga.

    With how deeply connnected this saga is to the KHx lore, Maybe it'll be something along the lines of KINGDOM HEARTS *something* x Part 1?
    Could you please link me to an official source where Nomura says he will not number entries anymore? This is the first I have heard of such a claim.

  5. #35
    Heartless SerDuncan's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    73
    Gender
    Playing
    Platinuming KH3

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixmiko View Post
    Could you please link me to an official source where Nomura says he will not number entries anymore? This is the first I have heard of such a claim.
    https://www.kh13.com/forums/topic/58...aland-ffdream/

    I knew I heard this quote somewhere before... I didn't realize it was so long ago. But, he has yet to say anything to change what he has said here, so I would believe that is still the case. Take with a grain of salt.

    Edit:
    here's the specific (translated) quote:
    Tetsuya Nomura : The Kingdom Hearts series always had Sora as the main character, so we want to make the most of Sora, playable Sora of course. But again, Kingdom Hearts III is going to be the last chapter of the Kingdom Hearts main numbering title series, so lots of fans actually want to play as their favorite characters in Kingdom Hearts III so we will consider that, we will listen to what fans wants but hopefully we could give you some surprises in the future announcements.

    And here's the original, untranslated to English article:
    https://www.ffdream.com/articles/10056-interview-de-tetsuya-nomura-final-fantasy-xv-kh

  6. #36
    SENA Hates Him! The_Echo's Avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,414
    Gender

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Even if they did away with the numbers, games that aren't on the main console and have lesser graphics / gameplay will still be considered side pieces to me.
    Well handhelds are kinda dead so unless you think the Switch isn't a console you're pretty much set my man

  7. #37
    Organization Member hlc1988's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    542
    Gender
    Playing
    Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom Hearts 2.8

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    I think from here on out each game is going to be important. You could say the same for most of the Xehanort saga. It was silly to keep on changing consoles/platforms, which led them to having to put all the games onto PS4.

    I'd like KH4 but, as long as the character's stories continue, I don't mind.

    Though I hope they continue releasing them on the Playstation and not console hopping, otherwise they'll have to release them on PlayStation at some point anyway since PlayStation is the home of Kingdom Hearts.

  8. #38
    Zemunasu Ballad of Caius's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ...a brand new world, one heart at a time.
    Posts
    5,253
    Gender
    Playing
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    Let's be honest, after the KHx/KHUx fiasco, EVERY game is gonna end up important.

  9. #39
    Unversed 2 quid is good's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Republic of London
    Posts
    147
    Playing
    Inazuma Eleven

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    When I think about it it still astounds me how so much lore is trapped behind khx/ux. Ridiculous.

  10. #40
    Heartless SerDuncan's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    73
    Gender
    Playing
    Platinuming KH3

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    Let's be honest, after the KHx/KHUx fiasco, EVERY game is gonna end up important.
    I full expect the data world of Re:Coded to be even more vital then it already is to the end of the series. Union Cross is a simulation for goodness sake, it's ridiculous.

    Not as ridiculous as KHUX but you know. At this point it's been over 5 years since the first release of CHI, and we've got enough actual story to equal probably about... half of what happens in Days. KHUX is just everything everyone else complains about Days except worse on a far grander scale.

  11. #41
    unwavering duck pilot Launchpad's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    Location
    clothes shopping with your dad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,431
    Gender
    Playing
    hopscotch with your dad

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    I have this weird feeling that Square is okay with giving Kingdom Hearts shitty, low effort, unrefined gameplay if it isn't a main numbered title. Like, sure, enemies won't stagger, and we have a whip attack that throws bombs in all directions, killing everything instantly, and we have to walk on the ceiling in some worlds, but at least it isn't KINGDOM HEARTS 4!

  12. #42
    Lucky Emblem KingdomKey's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,239
    Gender

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    1. Do you want a spinoff game next or KH4?

    Kingdom Hearts 4. There's been enough side games/spin offs to last a life time. It's doing a disservice to fans to keep making them switch platforms or mobile devices to have access to the game and lore. Especially after how they handled it in Kingdom Hearts 3. (I still love the game, but not playing the mobile game proved to be a story problem.) Otherwise, I'd like to see them ditch the roman numeral in future Kingdom Hearts titles. I feel like this is the chance for Nomura to start afresh for the next saga.

    2. What do you think will actually happen, spinoff or KH4?

    Optimistically, I'd say KH4. Nomura and his team should feel less pressured now to make spin offs when almost everything has been tied up neatly in KH3. And they dropped enough foreshadowing for the next saga to work with. I don't see the point of a spin off unless it's to make more money. OR to cave into fans for wanting to play their favorite characters again.

  13. #43
    Administrator
    Taochan's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,995
    Gender

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 quid is good View Post
    When I think about it it still astounds me how so much lore is trapped behind khx/ux. Ridiculous.
    How is it trapped? They made Back Cover to show you the significant events from Chi, and they'll probably do the same with UX.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Echo View Post
    Well handhelds are kinda dead so unless you think the Switch isn't a console you're pretty much set my man
    ^^^^^^

    There literally aren't enough consoles to have significant console spread like before, lol.

  14. #44
    Keyblade Apprentice Rodin's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    633
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    Well Lea/Isa were given a cool plot tease that could be its own game so if they get a game and its a spinoff....I'll be cool with it over a potential kh4.

    I prefer Lea to Sora anyway.

  15. #45
    Unversed Wallflower3582's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2018
    Location
    United States
    Age
    18
    Posts
    118
    Gender
    Playing
    the piano

    Default Re: Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

    Honestly, with the way KH3 ended, I can't imagine starting out the next saga with a spin-off. I feel like we need to start out with the original cast of characters before jumping around. Again though, I don't know if there's really such a thing as a spin-off in KH, it's more like Marvel, where the numbered titles = Avengers and the spin-offs = everything else. You can't really understand them without watching them all.

    The only justifiable reason I can see for doing another spin-off before KH4 is to reboot KHX and UX to bring it to the forefront. It's too important to be left behind on a phone, and as they've remade everything else in the series into HD, I don't see why they would expect casual players to have to study up on the phone game to understand the newer stuff. They should treat it like Re:CoM.

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •