Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Eater
    Registered
    Jan 2015
    None

Default Would you prefer it if Disney was stripped clean from Kingdom Hearts?

The same way Final Fantasy was stripped clean from Kingdom Hearts 3, And Square Enix would be the ones running the show than Disney? I'm not bashing down Kingdom Hearts...and I never will. I'm always a fan of KH3, but all the hatred and negativity towards KH3 just makes me wonder what if...the opposite were to happen and we would...probably get a better story with a better set of characters? Would you prefer it?

Registered
    Apr 2015

Default Re: Would you prefer it if Disney was stripped clean from Kingdom Hearts?

Not even a little bit.

Registered
    Jan 2019
    None

Default Re: Would you prefer it if Disney was stripped clean from Kingdom Hearts?

lol absolutely not. The Disney element is by far the strongest part of KH3, and the distinguishing factor of the KH series in general. Without Disney, KH is just any old JRPG. If fans want Disney-less KH, they really ought to just play FF (and I say this as someone who was an FF fan long before they were a KH fan).

unwavering duck pilot Launchpad's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    hopscotch with your dad

Days/BBS are as close to a 'Disney-free' era of KH as we'll ever get and I say Walt bless it. Sora's character owes a lot to Donald and Goofy to help him be dynamic and interesting. Walking around as the brooding trio of Terra, Ventus, and Aqua really made me cringe and scream

Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

Disney owns the game and its original characters, if you take out Disney, there is no Kingdom Hearts anymore.

Registered
    Dec 2018
    None

I mean Disney = Kingdom Hearts so if you want Disney stripped from Kingdom Hearts, then say bye bye Kingdom Hearts.

Also I'm not seeing this negativity from anyone that I know that has played the game. Everyone I've talked to loves the game.

(>..)>
    Registered
    May 2009

No. The Disney worlds aspect adds much needed variety in this series. The only way i'll be fine with Disney being gone is if they step it up with the original world designs and characters.

If they can't get creative as something like timeless river/tron etc with their original worlds then don't bother.

You're Too Late. KeybladeLordSora's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2015
    In The Limbo Between Keybois and Cuhrayzee Wacky Woohoo Pizza Hobos
    The Bizarre Adventure of life.

Well, it can't be stripped away. Otherwise you'll lose literally half of it.

If anything I'll take Disney not having a huge role in the next game. Not too big, not too small.

Well, that or a perfect balance between Disney and Square.

Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

Quote Originally Posted by disney233 View Post
    The same way Final Fantasy was stripped clean from Kingdom Hearts 3, And Square Enix would be the ones running the show than Disney? I'm not bashing down Kingdom Hearts...and I never will. I'm always a fan of KH3, but all the hatred and negativity towards KH3 just makes me wonder what if...the opposite were to happen and we would...probably get a better story with a better set of characters? Would you prefer it?
    Sora's more bearable with Donald and Goofy at his side. In DDD i hated his guts but in 3 he's almost likable. Everybody else but him and kairi could handle being on their own.

Plus this series is known for the disney shenanigans more than the original plot. If you reboot it maybe you could try it but you need something to replace it anyway.

The disney aspect should be used better not less. It should be more flexible like the show Once Upon A Time than a rigid retelling.

Registered
    Feb 2019
    Platinuming KH3

Despite Days being my favorite game in the franchise, and arguably the game with the least Disney interaction, I think taking Disney away removes a huge part of what makes Kingdom Hearts special. If you take away the interactions with Maleficent, the visits to Neverland, Donald and Goofy, I think Kingdom Hearts becomes just another subpar JRPG. That's coming from a 13 year fan.

You're Too Late. KeybladeLordSora's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2015
    In The Limbo Between Keybois and Cuhrayzee Wacky Woohoo Pizza Hobos
    The Bizarre Adventure of life.

Also, can we....can we just not have anything like Arendelle again? Ever?

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

No, literally everything I loved in KH3 came from the Disney worlds and Sora is a better character when he is with Donald and Goofy. They just need to stay away from properties that have extreme limitations on how they can work with them. KH is at its best when it is allowed to have creative freedom within a property and also when they get the chance to be more collaborative with the people at Disney.

Registered
    Apr 2018
    Playing
    Inazuma Eleven

My first inclination was to say yes but lmao I know that's not true at all.

I just want a much better balance of the two sides of KH.

Registered
    Apr 2018
    the piano

Never ever! That's like saying to take the Disney out of Disneyland! They're one and the same and you can't take one away and it still work. I absolutely loved the Disney worlds in 3, even Frozen, which I know some people have had some complaints with…

Scala ad Caelum
    Registered
    Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Spockanort View Post
    No, literally everything I loved in KH3 came from the Disney worlds and Sora is a better character when he is with Donald and Goofy. They just need to stay away from properties that have extreme limitations on how they can work with them. KH is at its best when it is allowed to have creative freedom within a property and also when they get the chance to be more collaborative with the people at Disney.
    I wonder how much restrictions would be placed on Moana and Zootopia? BH6 came out a year after Frozen yet was allowed to tell an original story and use the characters in different and creative ways

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast