Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Keyblade Master
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    None

Default Re: Would you prefer it if Disney was stripped clean from Kingdom Hearts?

I’ve always wanted a more adult version of the game. Final fantasy adult level so a T rated game. But final fantasy doesn’t have completely terrible dialogue and actually deals with adult themes and allows for more interesting visuals. The secret endings always make me think something like that is finally going to happen, but with Disney that’s never going to happen.

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Default Re: Would you prefer it if Disney was stripped clean from Kingdom Hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by notnow123487 View Post
    I’ve always wanted a more adult version of the game. Final fantasy adult level so a T rated game. But final fantasy doesn’t have completely terrible dialogue and actually deals with adult themes and allows for more interesting visuals. The secret endings always make me think something like that is finally going to happen, but with Disney that’s never going to happen.
    I don’t know how more adult we can get with human experimentation, child abuse, depression, PTSD & death but okay.

Interesting visuals? Are you looking to see blood and gore? I don’t think that is necessarily more interesting.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

I'm already a mess over FF being removed and I'm someone who loved KH3. My rage would be x10 if Disney was removed.

Now if there was a one-off game now and again sort of in the same vein as Days where it was 95% original content, I wouldn't be mad. And I definitely wouldn't mind a game centered around TWEWY (Riku and Sora as seen in the Secret Ending) or FF either... Mostly, the only thing I want is for this game to be a FF / Disney crossover again. They were so close to perfect in KH3.

Zul

Registered
    Oct 2008

I want the opposite, I want it closer to KH1 where the Disney aspect was melded into the main plot more. KH3 actually recovered a "bit" of this with the Disney-Organization interactions, Woody-YX being my favorite.

Keyblade Master
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Spockanort View Post
    I don’t know how more adult we can get with human experimentation, child abuse, depression, PTSD & death but okay.

Interesting visuals? Are you looking to see blood and gore? I don’t think that is necessarily more interesting.
    Okay those may be themes but they’re presented in a child like fashion. There’s no weight or seriousness to any of those issues in the series. It always just not a big deal because the seriousness of those issues can’t be expressed in an adult way since it’s a kids game. I don’t necessarily want it to not not be a kids game, I just think it’s time for the series to become pg-13 in the way it presents the story. Series like Harry Potter are for kids and it deals with very serious things. I wish this series was more like that and not presented like it’s for eight year olds.

Registered
    Mar 2015

Yep. All my favorite worlds are original ones and I've never really cared about the Disney worlds or plots at all. As long as Donald and Goofy stay the rest can be gone for all I care. Would it make the game better? Idk. Would I personally prefer it? Absolutely.

Registered
    Jun 2015

We had Disney worlds with FF characters, so just yeet in these FF worlds and a few Disney characters from now on. :^)
    YEEEET

Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

We need an Epic Mickey world.
    Max Goof and PJ need to pop up.
    the Phantom Blot needs to be the new big bad Disney villain.

We need more Disney not less.

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by notnow123487 View Post
    Okay those may be themes but they’re presented in a child like fashion. There’s no weight or seriousness to any of those issues in the series. It always just not a big deal because the seriousness of those issues can’t be expressed in an adult way since it’s a kids game. I don’t necessarily want it to not not be a kids game, I just think it’s time for the series to become pg-13 in the way it presents the story. Series like Harry Potter are for kids and it deals with very serious things. I wish this series was more like that and not presented like it’s for eight year olds.
    How is it not presented in a serious way? Is it that there isn't copious amounts of blood, swearing and permanent death? Is that the problem?

Registered
    Nov 2005

I wouldn't necessarily be against a 1-off game that had a bunch of Square worlds like Shibuya or Midgar so long as it was made clear that this is a special exception & not the standard for the series' future.

EeL
    Registered
    Apr 2007

NO WAY! KH needs DISNEY! KH is KH because of DISNEY! I think if anything, we've been shown that KH works without Final Fantasy as KH3 was great! I'm not hating on the Final Fantasy characters, but they were always limited to an original world (where original bosses were anyway) or a cameo in Olympus. I know people love to hate on the DISNEY side of things and say that they are absolutely not essential to the main plot, but how were any of the Final Fantasy characters ever REALLY crucial to the main plot? Leon and the gang were basically the tutorial in KH1 and once we got with Donald and Goofy, they were just setpieces in Traverse Town. In KH2, they lead us to Tron who then take it away and gets us to the info that we were looking for.

Registered
    Jun 2016
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Zul View Post
    I want the opposite, I want it closer to KH1 where the Disney aspect was melded into the main plot more. KH3 actually recovered a "bit" of this with the Disney-Organization interactions, Woody-YX being my favorite.
    I completely second this notion. Kingdom Hearts needs to stop being afraid to intermingle the plot of Sora, his friends, and the antagonists with that of the Disney Worlds. I almost feel as if maybe Disney has dictated this be so since they're so skittish over "Squarifying" their properties, but if you're going to make Donald the most powerful mage in existence or Mickey a keyblade wielder, why not go all the way?

KH is a true example of making Disney look epic. It's not going to be completely mature and it's not going to be completely child friendly, but a nice balance of the two.

Honestly, everyone who's thinking the next game will be only about Square titles and will exclude Disney, they're in for a rude awakening.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

@EeL: The Disney characters could just as easily be excised from KH as the FF characters--most of the ways KH3 connected them to the overarching plot were in tangential ways--and I'm sure the series would still sell decently off name value alone.

Registered
    Jan 2019
    None

Stripped clean? Hell no, we're in far too deep for that, and I love some of the interactions with the main cast (Donald, Goofy, Mickey). That said, I'd quite enjoy a more OC-focused KH game, and I hope KH4 or whatever the next game is does that. All KH world exploration combined in KH3 wasn't as much as 1 Disney world, and it's saddening. Also, because of no OC worlds in-between (even if there were cutscenes) the plot started to feel dull towards the tail end imo.
    So, not stripped clean, but a better balance, more original stuff.

Registered
    May 2017
    KH3

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    We need an Epic Mickey world.
    Max Goof and PJ need to pop up.
    the Phantom Blot needs to be the new big bad Disney villain.

We need more Disney not less.
    ^

We need Oswald and Goofy and Max !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast