Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Nobody
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    None

Default The inclusion of Arendelle is very bizarre

I can’t even believe they greenlit this portion of the script. Nomura should’ve been like “if you won’t give me at least 80% creative control then you can keep your IP...” it makes absolutely no sense the constraints they were given with these characters. SDG meet Elsa for five minutes and I don’t even think she remembers them by the time they reach her at the very end of the arc. They’re just kinda standing there awkwardly as the Frozen cast talk amongst themselves. Hans shows up without any context or how his motivations conflict with SDG. He turns into a Heartless (is there a cut scene where it’s explained he’s working with Heartless/Org.) and that’s it. Jesus, did Disney think Nomura and co. would turn Elsa and co. into violent characters who would chop off heads or something? I feel like several think pieces can be written on this botched, bullshit “world” in KH3. Don’t get me started on Larxene...if there was no creative control why not choose a property where the creatives will give you the reigns to write an awesome script (Atlantis, PATF, jungle book)

Registered
    Mar 2015
    Default Re: The inclusion of Arendelle is very bizarre

This is why it's a problem when certain worlds have to be in KH. If KH3 came out 10 years ago like it should've we wouldn't have had to deal with this.

Registered
    Dec 2018
    None

They want it for the publicity.

(>..)>
    Registered
    May 2009

One of the main reasons i want the next game to focus a bit more an older properties without their creative teams. Some of the restrictions placed by Disney for some of these newer properties aren't gonna benefit in making their inclusion as good as they could be.

It's hard to be as excited for them when you don't know what kind of restrictions could be placed on them.

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

Yeaaaaah, it really was ruined by Disney interference. There are likely other reasons why the world is so awkward that aren’t just because of corporate meddling and crazy restrictions, but definitely the restrictions did not help them at all. All it did was reinforce my dislike of Frozen haha

I would much prefer if the series focused on older films where the devs can have more creative freedom, or if they go with modern films, they negotiate the creative control and try to make it more collaborative.

The problem stems from the lack of creative collaboration, really. The Pixar worlds are much better in comparison because they had a great team collaborating with SE whereas with Frozen, they were more authoritative on how it needed to be approached.

Scala ad Caelum
    Registered
    Jan 2013

Could Disney have allowed a more original story? Like have it set between Frozen and the sequel later this year. Remove Hans and just have Larxene be a more active antagonist.

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
    Could Disney have allowed a more original story? Like have it set between Frozen and the sequel later this year. Remove Hans and just have Larxene be a more active antagonist.
    I doubt they would have allowed it. With Frozen 2 coming out, they are naturally more protective of the property for a number of reasons.

(>..)>
    Registered
    May 2009

If they don't have another sequel planned after Frozen 2, maybe they could allow for a original story set after the second film.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    ...a brand new world, one heart at a time.
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

I'm sure that, if Nomura faces more restrictons from the newer films, he'll decide to focus on older ones.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

Yeah, I do hope having to deal with Disney/PIXAR being extra-involved was annoying for him and put him off the newer properties since he put KH3 off until he could get Toy Story greenlit.

I definitely think the world was less than it could've been because Disney is very protective of the property while the franchise is still in the early stages. That said, I still enjoyed the world. The one bonus is that at least KH3 gave the fandom another "girly" world to bash incessantly. Wouldn't want that trend to die now that Atlantica's no longer around.
    Last edited by Tartarus; February 10, 2019 at 08:08 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Yeah, I do hope having to deal with Disney/PIXAR being extra-involved was annoying for him and put him off the newer properties since he put KH3 off until he could get Toy Story greenlit.

I definitely think the world was less than it could've been because Disney is very protective of the property while the franchise is still in the early stages. That said, I still enjoyed the world. The one bonus is that at least KH3 gave the fandom another "girly" world to bash incessantly. Wouldn't want that trend to die now that Atlantica's no longer around.
    Moreso Disney than Pixar, and moreso Frozen than other films, seeing as how Frozen is Disney's very own Barbie.

You're Too Late. KeybladeLordSora's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2015
    In The Limbo Between Keybois and Cuhrayzee Wacky Woohoo Pizza Hobos
    The Bizarre Adventure of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    Moreso Disney than Pixar, and moreso Frozen than other films, seeing as how Frozen is Disney's very own Barbie.
    "We can't have these weirdos interfere, we gotta throw them down a mountain every five minutes so they don't ruin the movie." - Disney probably.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

Quote Originally Posted by KeybladeLordSora View Post
    "We can't have these weirdos interfere, we gotta throw them down a mountain every five minutes so they don't ruin the movie." - Disney probably.
    The labyrinth was cool, but it felt devoid of life.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    Were you there?

I'm sure Frozen was more intense than the others, but they were involved with all the newer worlds. And Barbie??? What?

You're Too Late. KeybladeLordSora's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2015
    In The Limbo Between Keybois and Cuhrayzee Wacky Woohoo Pizza Hobos
    The Bizarre Adventure of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Were you there?

I'm sure Frozen was more intense than the others, but they were involved with all the newer worlds. And Barbie??? What?
    Considering Disney was so strict that they wanted freaking eyelids to move in a specific way I wouldn't be surprised if they did treat Frozen like Barbie.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast