Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register


REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 56 of 56
  1. #46
    Heartless Graceful Schemer's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    95
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Replace two worlds, add one

    After playing it myself, I definitely want Toy Box to be replaced by something. I was not too keen on Toy Story before, but playing it really solidify this. The Mechs are the worst thing in the game so far.

  2. #47
    Organization Member Neo_GFX's Avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    490
    Gender

    Default Re: Replace two worlds, add one

    Quote Originally Posted by Graceful Schemer View Post
    After playing it myself, I definitely want Toy Box to be replaced by something. I was not too keen on Toy Story before, but playing it really solidify this. The Mechs are the worst thing in the game so far.
    To me, this is the one world that had every reason in the book to follow the plot of the film(s), but for some reason didn't; chalk that up to game design, not the property itself.

    Literally the only thing separating it from being Toy Story and something else is Andy's room and like five characters. They really dropped the ball in that regard, with Nomura saying that securing the rights to this one world is the reason the game took over a decade to come out, with the treatment they ended up giving it. So many iconic villains, but generic anime bunny girl and UFO vaguely representing Zurg.

  3. #48
    Silver Member Alpha Baymax's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,920
    Gender
    Playing
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

    Default Re: Replace two worlds, add one

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo_GFX View Post
    To me, this is the one world that had every reason in the book to follow the plot of the film(s), but for some reason didn't; chalk that up to game design, not the property itself.

    Literally the only thing separating it from being Toy Story and something else is Andy's room and like five characters. They really dropped the ball in that regard, with Nomura saying that securing the rights to this one world is the reason the game took over a decade to come out, with the treatment they ended up giving it. So many iconic villains, but generic anime bunny girl and UFO vaguely representing Zurg.
    Square Enix were considering following the Toy Story plot, but Pixar wanted an original plot for the world. So if anything, blame Pixar. They are ones responsible for the approval process for Toy Box and Monstropolis.

    Not that I'm complaining, I loved Toy Box!

  4. #49
    Nobody
    Registered
    Jan 2019
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Replace two worlds, add one

    100 Acre Wood with Wreck It Ralph
    The Caribbean with Atlantis

  5. #50
    Keyblade Apprentice
    Registered
    May 2018
    Posts
    678
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Replace two worlds, add one

    Regarding world to replace oh gosh, this is a tough one I love the Disney worlds they chose in the game and frankly they are all good choices even if most of your aren't a fan of some of them (e.g. 100 Acre Woods), but If I had to choose which one to be replaced I would choose:

    Monstropolis with A Bug's Life or Brave: Okay before you come at me, I love the Monster's Inc. world, but compared to Toy Box I honestly am one of the few people to this day who didn't expected Monstropolis to become a world (prior to the Dec. 2017 leak and it's official announcement at D23 2018 Japan). I assumed that Toy Story was going to be the ONLY Pixar world in KH3, but if they did add another Pixar based world in the game I just thought they were going to include A Bug's Life or Brave. The former being Pixar's 2nd film after Toy Story and using an original plot after the first movie, but of couse even with a different environment the small aesthetic would be similar to Toy Box and the later due to New Seven Hearts connection or Maleficent and the Organization looking for the Black Box in this world

    100 Acre Wood with Wreck-It Ralph: Honestly, I'm still disapointed that Nomura and his team passed on the opportunity to make Wreck-It Ralph as a world in the game. This film had so much potential with story potential (e.g. King Candy locking the memories of the inhabitants of Sugar Rush in the chest to make the citizens go after Vanellope) along with the fact it could be a replacement to Tron and have it act as subworld within the Old Mansion or some Taito Arcade building within Twilight Town. If they could add in Tangled, Big Hero 6 and Frozen as worlds in KH3 why didn't they included this film? At the same time it seems that Ralph and his film looks to be the new Disney summon and Disney world Nomura mentioned at the Union X event, but honestly they have made NO mention of it when the new Disney world is coming out they're just shooting themselves on the foot here.

    Disney world I would add: Lilo & Stitch, yeah even if you don't agree with this world ,they can either continue doing the rest of the film a
    s the beginning of the film was previously adapted in BBS,
    or do an original storyline instead, and be an important plot device for not just the 625 experiments that Vexen uses for the replica program but also to Terra, Ventus and.or Aqua as they both encountered him in BBS and would feel emotional how much Stitch evolved since they last saw him.
    I honestly don't understand why this film didn't appear as a world in KH3 and why Stitch was ONLY just a link summon instead, given that Simba and Mushu were summons for Sora in the first game before we visited their actual home worlds in Kingdom Hearts II.


    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Spockanort View Post
    See, I was thinking that might have been why it was added in. Christopher Robin was also expected to be a big hit by Disney, so logically having this as a world would have played into the post-Christopher Robin hype.

    I doubt 100 Acre Wood was added due to the Christopher Robin movie, as file assets of the world were found from the Dec. 2017 leak alongside the Monster's Inc. leak.
    Replace: Pirates gets replaced with Treasure Planet. If they wanted a pirate-themed world, this would have been perfect.
    I respectfully have to disagree with the you and the vast majority of you, I can understand the issues/problems that the majority of you say regarding the PotC worlds from KH2 and right now KH3, but to be honest I don't understand the reason and want for Treasure Planet to appear in KH3? Don't get me wrong I love the film and want the world to appear in the game especially with the map to Treasure Planet eing used as a plot device for Sora and to a degree the Organization and Maleficent and Pete finding the Black Box, but frankly I feel it just wouldn't make sense to just jump into the film and skip PotC altogether (due to the Dead Man's Chest/At World's End).

  6. #51
    Heartless
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    90
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Replace two worlds, add one

    I don't now about Replaced. but looking at the storyline of this game, They really should've added: Jungle Book.

    To get it out of the way.

  7. #52
    Organization Member Perkilator's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    482
    Gender
    Playing
    Trying to adjust with today's current hardships while having some of my own: the game.

    Default Re: Replace two worlds, add one

    Geez, a couple weeks and this thread’s quiet again.

  8. #53
    Nobody
    Registered
    Dec 2018
    Age
    18
    Posts
    47
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Replace two worlds, add one

    replace hundred acre woods and the Gummi planet exploration world with Gummi Treasure Planet universe.

  9. #54
    EeL
    EeL is offline
    Guru of Greatness EeL's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,738

    Default Re: Replace two worlds, add one

    Arendelle for Atlantica
    Olympus for Pride Lands (you can even sort of fill in the "regaining power" story)

    Add Agrabah

  10. #55
    Organization Member Neo_GFX's Avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    490
    Gender

    Default Re: Replace two worlds, add one

    Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    Arendelle for Atlantica
    Olympus for Pride Lands (you can even sort of fill in the "regaining power" story)

    Add Agrabah
    lol... why don't you just throw NBX on top of that.

  11. #56
    Warrior of Light ImVentus's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    978
    Gender
    Playing
    Kingdom Hearts 2

    Default Re: Replace two worlds, add one

    Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    Olympus for Pride Lands (you can even sort of fill in the "regaining power" story)
    It would have worked thematically for the inevitable war. Talk about a missed opportunity.
    Could have been a reason why Simba would be lending his spirit as a summon.

 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •