Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Default Re: KINGDOM HEARTS 3 featured in the latest issue of Famitsu

It looks like this is an extended version of the interview in the physical magazine: https://s.famitsu.com/news/201807/11160575.html

For example, it mentions how Nomura tried using Luxord’s other model from the rest of the game in PotC, but it didn’t fit well enough. He also speaks briefly on the design of Braveheart and that who appears to be Riku Replica may be an illusion. He talks a bit about TWEWY as well.

In regards to Repliku, between this and the comments in Dengeki, I’m starting to think this may be a dream of sorts and this Riku isn’t the “other me.”

Maybe Riku gets KO’d by Aqua and Repliku visits him in this near death experience/dream sequence. Repliku informs him of the Other Riku that is alive in the Realm of Light and then we get closure on Repliku’s story, learning he’s at peace in the afterlife. Then Riku wakes up and we have the scene between him and Mickey at the Dark Margin.
    Last edited by Zip; July 11, 2018 at 07:38 PM.

Registered
    Nov 2017
    Trying to adjust with today's current hardships while having some of my own: the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    It looks like this is an extended version of the interview in the physical magazine: https://s.famitsu.com/news/201807/11160575.html

For example, it mentions how Nomura tried using Luxord’s other model from the rest of the game in PotC, but it didn’t fit well enough. He also speaks briefly on the design of Braveheart. He talks a bit about TWEWY as well.
    SERIOUSLY?! Can somebody please translate this?!

Registered
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Perkilator View Post
    SERIOUSLY?! Can somebody please translate this?!
    We'll send it to the translators and see who is available. Thanks Zip for the heads up!

Registered
    Sep 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Sign View Post
    We'll send it to the translators and see who is available. Thanks Zip for the heads up!
    Can't wait to hear more from this interview!

Registered
    Jan 2013

I read the interview and apparently Riku receives Braveheart from Yen Sid. If that's true then I'm guessing Riku and Mickey had their adventure in Dark World during SDG trip to Olympus.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Zip, you should join the moderator team, your journalism skills are top-notch!

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
    I read the interview and apparently Riku receives Braveheart from Yen Sid. If that's true then I'm guessing Riku and Mickey had their adventure in Dark World during SDG trip to Olympus.
    This definitely seems to be the case. Maybe a slim margin of error, but I think it is pretty safe to assume they won’t be there long. I’m actually really excited to see where Riku and Mickey end up going during the rest of the game. (I high key need to see Pirate Riku and Mickey.)

*fangirls mathematically* FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    with your minds

Now I'm wondering if Riku chilling with that other Riku has to do with how he gets Braveheart. Like Yen Sid puts Riku in some spiritual dream journey to speak with himself and then they create Braveheart by making out.

Registered
    Mar 2013
    None

Oooooooh yes! That's exciting news~<3 This os exactly what I wanted, I feel like we've gotten soooo much info from interviews lately.

Also hmm. Maybe Yen Sid has the ability to forge keyblades from people's hearts? The Master of Masters did something like that, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's a technique more modern masters have access to.

Registered
    Jan 2013

I think the beginning of the game could be playing as Riku in the Dark Realm and ending with a confrontation with Aquanort. After she presumably breaks Way to Dawn we switch back to Sora at Olympus.

Also I wonder if Mickey will get a new keyblade from Yen Sid as well? The Keyblade from the trailer looked like a fusion of KKD and Star Seeker and Aqua might not give it back.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

I think the beginning of the game could be playing as Riku in the Dark Realm and ending with a confrontation with Aquanort. After she presumably breaks Way to Dawn we switch back to Sora at Olympus.

Also I wonder if Mickey will get a new keyblade from Yen Sid as well? The Keyblade from the trailer looked like a fusion of KKD and Star Seeker and Aqua might not give it back.
    I could see that. It would certainly set the tone/stakes for the game to lead with that. It also makes sense timeline wise since Riku and Mickey left for the RoD before Sora left for Olympus. It would also flow nicely if one were to play .2 and go straight into KH3.

It would be nice to see Mickey get a new Keyblade as well if the one Aqua picks up isn’t his new one.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dissidia NT, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

The Keyblade from the trailer looked like a fusion of KKD and Star Seeker and Aqua might not give it back.
    Don't you forget that every Keyblade Wielder can call back their key at any time?
    If that Key is truly Mickey's and he doesn't allow someone else to hold it, it will return to him at a whim.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    Don't you forget that every Keyblade Wielder can call back their key at any time?
    If that Key is truly Mickey's and he doesn't allow someone else to hold it, it will return to him at a whim.
    Keyblades have been known to be fickle in the past though, being able to change masters based on the measure of their hearts. If the base of that Keyblade is the KKD, I could see it resonating more with Aqua as she now belongs to darkness like the Keyblade itself unlike Mickey. This could make more sense of why it was an important plot point in .2 rather than just shoehorning Aqua into the end of KH1.

I rewatched the scene from .2 and one little thing of interest is that when Mickey goes to open the door to the KKD’s chamber, it doesn’t open until Aqua puts her hand on it. Perhaps, it was always meant for her. It could even be part of Xehanort’s plan as the Kingdom Key and the Kingdom Key D might play a role in the physical forging the x-blade in the 7 vs 13 battle. This could explain why Xehanort wanted Aqua in the RoD, so she could not only become a vessel but also retrieve the KKD at the right time.

I don’t necessarily think it will play out that way as I’m not sure why they would bother giving KKD a new design for Mickey to lose it that soon (if it’s the KKD at all.) But I could see Nomura taking that route and it could clear up some of the reasoning behind certain story choices.

Nobody
    Registered
    Jun 2018
    Playing
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    It could even be part of Xehanort’s plan as the Kingdom Key and the Kingdom Key D might play a role in the physical forging the x-blade in the 7 vs 13 battle. This could explain why Xehanort wanted Aqua in the RoD, so she could not only become a vessel but also retrieve the KKD at the right time.

I don’t necessarily think it will play out that way as I’m not sure why they would bother giving KKD a new design for Mickey to lose it that soon (if it’s the KKD at all.) But I could see Nomura taking that route and it could clear up some of the reasoning behind certain story choices.
    I don't think you really need to go that far to justify why she might want it, if that is indeed the KKD and not just Star Seeker with a new chain. It's only known purpose is that it can lock (and presumably unlock) the door to darkness. It's easy to see why Aqua, not Xehanort, would be interested in having that, if she's still trapped there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    Yeah, barring new information that Keyblades can now be stolen, if it's his and he's not getting it back I assume it has to be because he's okay with it. But for all we know, he could have called his Keyblade back in the next frame.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    I don't think you really need to go that far to justify why she might want it, if that is indeed the KKD and not just Star Seeker with a new chain. It's only known purpose is that it can lock (and presumably unlock) the door to darkness. It's easy to see why Aqua, not Xehanort, would be interested in having that, if she's still trapped there.
    It can only lock (and maybe unlock) the DtD if it works in tandem with the RoL Kingdom Key on the other side of the door. Even without consider how unlikely it is for Sora to help Aqua unlock the DtD, I doubt the DtD will be much of a plot point going forward since this game is focusing more on the true Kingdom Hearts. With my proposition, we could explore the deeper lore of these Keyblades rather than retreading the old plot threads.
    Last edited by Zip; July 12, 2018 at 09:56 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast