Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register


REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
  1. #16
    Organization Member luuizhenriquem's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    464
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6�s absence

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 quid is good View Post
    Well, we really do have a packed winter 2018, and they definitely want to make the most of KH3. I'm sure it would have done fairly well if it dropped in 2018 but a month is more than fine. I'm kind of glad it's mainly a marketing thing though, it bodes well for the game.

    Still doesn't explain the 4 day gap but it's whatever I guess. I have to live with it
    The 4 day gap is simply to please the Japanese fandom, they always get the game first... lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    At least we now have confirmation the delay had nothing to do with development. I'm not sure how January 29th is considered a marketable release date. I'm expecting it to get delayed again if that was the only reason for the first one.
    I don't think we will get another delay... I like to think that if they wasn't certain about the January release they would just put like the "Coming 2019" and not an actual date

  2. #17
    Silver Member Alpha Baymax's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,118
    Gender
    Playing
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6s absence

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimaXOmega View Post
    Big Hero 6 needs to impress.



    Judging by the backdrop assets of the movie, that's going to be easy to accomplish. Big Hero 6 is the most geographically sophisticated property to be in this game, so I'm not all that surprised that it's more painstakingly difficult to be in a presentable state.

  3. #18
    Spots Swoosh's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    Location
    monterey, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,208
    Gender

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6s absence

    I have a sneaking suspicion a lot of important plot elements will be happening in this world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    At least we now have confirmation the delay had nothing to do with development. I'm not sure how January 29th is considered a marketable release date. I'm expecting it to get delayed again if that was the only reason for the first one.
    How is January 29 not a marketable release? And if the game is finished over the next seven months why would they delay it further?

  4. #19
    Nobody Fatal Mode's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2014
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11
    Playing
    Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6�s absence

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    At least we now have confirmation the delay had nothing to do with development. I'm not sure how January 29th is considered a marketable release date. I'm expecting it to get delayed again if that was the only reason for the first one.
    Monster hunter world released around then this year and was Capcoms highest selling game to date! It’s a good time of year with usually low levels of competition!

  5. #20
    Organization Member luuizhenriquem's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    464
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6s absence

    Anyways thank god the delay was due to horrible timing and not due to production delays lol

  6. #21
    Zip
    Zip is online now
    Keyblade Master
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    749
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6s absence

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    At least we now have confirmation the delay had nothing to do with development. I'm not sure how January 29th is considered a marketable release date. I'm expecting it to get delayed again if that was the only reason for the first one.
    2.8 released in the same window, so they already have an idea of how a KH title will perform around that time. If they didn’t think it would sell well enough there, they would have picked another date. Plus, it gives time for people to play their holiday games and get ready for something new. I trust Disney to know what they’re doing.

    Most likely, they were planning to release it at the 13th anniversary in Japan. So probably the 21st, the Friday before. But in the West, that’s too close to the holidays to expect families to get out and buy the game as they’ve mostly completed their holiday shopping by that point.

  7. #22
    Raz
    Raz is offline
    call me by your name Raz's Avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Midwest
    Age
    24
    Posts
    8,840
    Gender

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6�s absence

    With the inclusion of a city-based world (Big Hero 6), it makes me excited for future Kingdom Hearts titles to do justice to cities as an environment type! Like, just imagine Zootopia.

    I need to watch BH6 before KHIII comes out. It is one of those films that kind of flew by me as an adult.

  8. #23
    (>..)> ultima-demi's Avatar
    Registered
    May 2009
    Location
    Midnight channel
    Posts
    2,373

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6�s absence

    I'm hoping BH6 is set at night. Cities always look the best at night, especially with all dem lights D: dang.

  9. #24
    Keyblade Master ImVentus's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    739
    Gender
    Playing
    Kingdom Hearts Union X

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6�s absence

    Quote Originally Posted by ultima-demi View Post
    I'm hoping BH6 is set at night. Cities always look the best at night, especially with all dem lights D: dang.
    Would be better if it goes from dawn to dusk naturally.

  10. #25
    ♫ yo ho, yo ho ♫ Recon's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,207

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6�s absence

    Quote Originally Posted by ultima-demi View Post
    I'm hoping BH6 is set at night. Cities always look the best at night, especially with all dem lights D: dang.
    It is suspected that some worlds will have a day/night cycle judging from the Pirates of the Caribbean trailer.

  11. #26
    Unversed
    Registered
    May 2018
    Posts
    116
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6�s absence

    Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    It is suspected that some worlds will have a day/night cycle judging from the Pirates of the Caribbean trailer.
    The Frozen world that was shown in the 3 trailers also did featured a day/ night cycle.

  12. #27
    Bronze Member Tartarus's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,664
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6�s absence

    Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    2.8 released in the same window, so they already have an idea of how a KH title will perform around that time. If they didn’t think it would sell well enough there, they would have picked another date. Plus, it gives time for people to play their holiday games and get ready for something new. I trust Disney to know what they’re doing.

    Most likely, they were planning to release it at the 13th anniversary in Japan. So probably the 21st, the Friday before. But in the West, that’s too close to the holidays to expect families to get out and buy the game as they’ve mostly completed their holiday shopping by that point.
    And people will be more excited to spend $60+ on a game a month after they've just gone broke?

    I think the date they've given is just to get the fans acclimated to a 2019 release date. Then they'll wait until December, when the game's just on the horizon to push it back two more months rather than announce it's almost a year off now to save themselves some of the fan reaction.

  13. #28
    Keyblade Apprentice Ranma's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    655
    Gender

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6s absence

    Delayed to accomodate a silmutaneous release, and yet it is not a silmutaneous release.

  14. #29
    Nobody 2 quid is good's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Republic of London
    Posts
    47
    Playing
    Inazuma Eleven

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6s absence

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
    Delayed to accomodate a silmutaneous release, and yet it is not a silmutaneous release.
    How very Square of Enix. Just give it to all of us on Friday man

  15. #30
    Spots Swoosh's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    Location
    monterey, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,208
    Gender

    Default Re: IGN: Why Kingdom Hearts 3 was delayed and Big Hero 6�s absence

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    And people will be more excited to spend $60+ on a game a month after they've just gone broke?

    I think the date they've given is just to get the fans acclimated to a 2019 release date. Then they'll wait until December, when the game's just on the horizon to push it back two more months rather than announce it's almost a year off now to save themselves some of the fan reaction.
    Why though? Especially since the game will be practically finished by this winter. I feel like your being pessimistic just for the sake of it.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •