Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register


REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Unversed Meow Wow's Avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2018
    Location
    My luxury cave, designed for summer
    Posts
    231
    Gender
    Playing
    KH 1.5+2.5, FFX

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    I'm very mixed here.

    On the one hand I am not a fan of Hayden's Kairi KH2 onward and really liked Alysons job in 0.2
    On the other hand Hayden should have at least been asked whether she wanted to voice Kairi

    At the end of the day, that decision was never in our control and we will have to accept it. Regardless whether it was just or unjust. That doesn't mean you can't speak your opinion on it, but again, that's just the way everything is.

  2. #32
    Silver Member gosoxtim's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,622
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by Meow Wow View Post
    I'm very mixed here.

    On the one hand I am not a fan of Hayden's Kairi KH2 onward and really liked Alysons job in 0.2
    On the other hand Hayden should have at least been asked whether she wanted to voice Kairi

    At the end of the day, that decision was never in our control and we will have to accept it. Regardless whether it was just or unjust. That doesn't mean you can't speak your opinion on it, but again, that's just the way everything is.
    this right here ^ thhank you meow wow

  3. #33
    Silver Member OathkeeperRoxas XIII's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Destiny Islands
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,440
    Gender
    Playing
    KH series, FF Series, Pokemon Series, TOS2

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFranklin95 View Post
    But... she is. That's not opinion at this point. She is badly treated in this series, espsically for someone who is suppose to be the third main character and they waited this long to give her any sort of development, if she'll get any at all in KH3 since there's so much going on.

    The fact that she was barely mentioned in Coded and they didn't even bother to think that maybe she could've easily been a playable character in DDD, bypassing this whole "training with Lea" thing which just feels like a waste of time, if I'm really being honest.

    This isn't fanboyism talking. From a writing standpoint Kairi has been sidelined for most of this series since KH2. And even in the original entries she was still sidelined but granted, that felt more streamlined and apart of her journey since she didn't adopt Sora or Riku's warrior mentality until she felt Sora was in danger and toke some action. Which is why I like her the most in KH2, because her arc was about getting out of that role of being sidelined and help her friends and not sit around anymore waiting for something to happen. Which is why DDD wouldve been the pefect time to give that arc some more meaning and we could actually see her train since Sora and Riku were both starting at LVL. 1 anyways. Beforehand, it made sense that she wasn't fighting and her damsel in distress role at least felt organic to KH1's story.

    And it's very much intentional on Nomura's part, which is why I'm not surprised they didn't bothering asking the mainstay VA to come back but for some reason, Sora and Riku's VA can easily come back with no worries because for some reason (well actually, now that I read the novels, I can think of a few reasons why lol) he wants to focus on those two more rather them the whole group as a trio. Which has always bothered me as a fan since the two others trio's get that treat but when it comes to the original trio, it's just Sora and Riku with Kairi in the background.

    I'm not the biggest fan of Kairi but even that rubs me the wrong way.


    Here's a question, how would she factored in Days, Coded, DDD, adn even in 0.2, the last thing was about Aqua and Riku and Kairi don't even speak until the ending?

    And no, do not say Data Kairi as Jiminy's journal, what take anthing Riku, that wouldn't look good on him would it


    DDD, how would she even be in the game's stor without being some DEM to Sora in his story?

    The story has build up Sora and Riku since BBS, there's no place for Kairi right now and forcing her into anything without a build up just for people who criticize her or her fans, that would be terrible. hell even her new outfit is getting critized as well

  4. #34
    Dream Eater MrFranklin95's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Age
    23
    Posts
    334
    Gender
    Playing
    Everything. I''m hardcore like that.

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by OathkeeperRoxas XIII View Post
    Here's a question, how would she factored in Days, Coded, DDD, adn even in 0.2, the last thing was about Aqua and Riku and Kairi don't even speak until the ending?

    And no, do not say Data Kairi as Jiminy's journal, what take anthing Riku, that wouldn't look good on him would it


    DDD, how would she even be in the game's stor without being some DEM to Sora in his story?

    The story has build up Sora and Riku since BBS, there's no place for Kairi right now and forcing her into anything without a build up just for people who criticize her or her fans, that would be terrible. hell even her new outfit is getting critized as well
    I wouldn't imagine her being in Days at all since she doesn't even remember Sora at all, so she has no role to play or given a reason to do anything more since from her perspective, Riku is just a friend who went away a long time ago and Sora doesn't exists in anyone's memory at that point. Once the memroies came back, then she was all like "Oh yeah. those two are my best friends and they went through some crap, all for me especially. I should do something instead of sitting" *boom* gets kidnapped.

    Coded could've easily gave her a role and it should've given the context of KH1. The entire first game was, for the most part, about saving her. Sora pretty much stab himself in order to save her. And Coded was pretty much KH1 all over again and they completely ignored her. It's inconsistent and jarring. At least in Chain of memories, she was still an integral part of Sora's arc and it made since why. In coded, a story about a journal with bugs about the journey he went through in the first game and she isn't even a plot point.

    DDD was the absolute perfect opportunity to give her a stand out role and would've been a nice development from KH2 since it takes place right after. And if they're making her train in KH3, why didn't you just do that instead in DDD? That would've saved a lot time, we would finally see Kairi as a more fleshed out character, some unique combat, and she could have a much bigger role in KH3 other then, again, being on the sideline until they feel like they need her but in a way that feels even more forced.

    I don't see why not? You say it would be forced but honestly the entire series focus shifting to just Sora and Riku always felt somewhat forced and DDD made that very apparent. And again, it's inconsistent with the rest of the series when all three were introduced as the three main characters. Its like if Star Wars started the way it did but then when Empire came around, Liea would start to get less focus which she doesn't because Lucas and his team understood that Leia was an important part of the series with unlimited potential. Leia killed a major crime boss of the underworld and even beforehand, she was a princess and one of the main leaders of the Rebels. In only just three films. Kairi can and should be so much more then that as a PoH/keyblade weilder and it's not about forcing a character on people, they simply just aren't doing it when the writing potential is literally right In front of them.

    That's what I'm talking about here. Potential. It's wasted potential and the fact Noruma doesn't care boggles my mind. I understand, it's not our story and he can tell it the way he wants too. And I love Sora and Riku's dynamic and their history. But fans have a right to have problem when for the series pre-side games, Kairi always, at the very least, had a significant presence that grew with fans and people wanted to see more of what they could do with her after KH2. The fact that they put her to the wayside is something worth complaining about because it feels like Noruma is either being lazy, stubborn, or doesn't care about it, which doesn't make him look good from a writing standpoint and thats already a problem with him in that regard.

    And Also, just to say this, I love Aqua but her character isn't a justification for Kairi being barely a character as well.
    Last edited by MrFranklin95; June 12, 2018 at 11:39 PM.

  5. #35
    Spots Swoosh's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    Location
    monterey, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,208
    Gender

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by OathkeeperRoxas XIII View Post
    Here's a question, how would she factored in Days, Coded, DDD, adn even in 0.2, the last thing was about Aqua and Riku and Kairi don't even speak until the ending?

    And no, do not say Data Kairi as Jiminy's journal, what take anthing Riku, that wouldn't look good on him would it


    DDD, how would she even be in the game's stor without being some DEM to Sora in his story?

    The story has build up Sora and Riku since BBS, there's no place for Kairi right now and forcing her into anything without a build up just for people who criticize her or her fans, that would be terrible. hell even her new outfit is getting critized as well
    So you think Nomura having Kairi standing around and doing nothing of importance for the entire series was a good call?

    You say it would have been forced if she was in Coded and DDD, but Nomura could have very easily written her organically into those stories. I acrually like Kairi and her spunky personality. Which makes it a shame he didn't do more with her.

  6. #36
    Dream Eater WhinyAcademic's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Korrasami Is Canon
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    It is certainly strange considering this is the big one (as in the big game), but.. well, yeah it kinda sucks that she wasn’t even asked. If she was unavailable that’s understandable, but it’s strange she wasn’t asked (assuming she was asked for the games she didn’t voice her in).

  7. #37
    Meow alexis.anagram's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mishopshno
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,560
    Playing
    with time, as a symptom

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    I do think it's a little bizarre that people are referencing Hayden's bouts with depression as if they're definitive of her ongoing mental health state, like should she never be offered another acting opportunity just because she has publicly sought treatment for a mental health issue which, by the way, is totally treatable? Would we say the same thing about someone who had a bout with pneumonia or cancer? On the contrary, we would be celebrating their strength and resolve in seeking medical help and wish them a speedy recovery. If someone isn't well enough to do work, they have the right to decline it; to not approach Hayden on the basis of her mental health status is stigmatizing and reinforces this stereotype that you can never recover from or learn to manage mental illness, which is untrue and contributes to the reasons a lot of people never seek help in the first place, because they believe it's hopeless and that there will be social/professional repercussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rydgea View Post
    From what we've seen of Hollywood, this probably has something to do with something gross, like money, Hayden's rates (either she's been wanting comparable rates or they know her rates from past sessions) and nobody wants to negotiate, so Disney's going for a lower tier industry rate with Alyson. <-ALL CONJECTURE
    It's a weird dynamic because the reality is that Hayden is a more accomplished actor (professionally speaking) than either Haley or David, so it's possible she does earn a higher rate (although I wouldn't even be surprised if that's not the case because Hollywood), but then Alyson has neither the Sixth Sense clout Hayden carries or the mainstay qualities of both him and David in terms of the series' numbered titles so I'm guessing she dips well below the two of them on the paygrade, so it's like instead of paying out for the more popular actress who originated the role and popularized the character to the extent possible they cut their losses and, as you indicated, looked to the less expensive of the two options, which says a lot about how Kairi is being examined from a marketing standpoint. I think they know the character has been abandoned by the franchise for too long and doesn't have the same value pull as Sora and Riku and a judgment was made that putting Hayden's name next to the character wouldn't pay out in the long run. It's symptomatic of her relationship to the story.

    That's my guess about what happened anyway, I'll give Alyson a chance at Kairi and look forward to her reprising Xion, but I just hate the idea that Hayden was basically pushed out of the game this way, for whatever reason.

  8. #38
    Hope Remains Nazo's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,484
    Gender

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    While I do think that Hayden was perfect for Kairi, I'm sure we'll all survive. Alyson is a great voice actress too, and I do believe that the intention for Xion and Kairi was to have them share the same voice since Xion is literally just KH1 Kairi with black hair (which is why I think they kept switching the voice actors, based on who they could get ahold of).

    My assumption is that Xion will return somehow, and they want Kairi and Xion to share the same voice this time and they picked Alyson over Hayden for whatever reason.

    It is also SLIGHTLY possible that they haven't recorded Kairi's lines yet? Richard Epcar tweeted about how he just recorded for two games a few weeks ago, and then bam, we got Ansem's english dialogue in the new trailers. So, it's possible they may still be getting everyone called in and haven't gotten to Kairi yet, but something tells me that's not the case. They already had Alyson for 0.2, I think they're going to keep her for KH3.

  9. #39
    Nobody 2 quid is good's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Republic of London
    Posts
    47
    Playing
    Inazuma Eleven

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    I had heard somewhere that it was due to contract reasons, as Alyson was available for 0.2 when Hayden wasn't, so they had to fulfill the rest of the contract with 3. I don't think (or hope) that there was any malicious intent behind this, but yeah it does suck.

  10. #40
    Unversed Alja's Avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Posts
    245
    Gender
    Playing
    KHUX

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 quid is good View Post
    I had heard somewhere that it was due to contract reasons, as Alyson was available for 0.2 when Hayden wasn't, so they had to fulfill the rest of the contract with 3. I don't think (or hope) that there was any malicious intent behind this, but yeah it does suck.
    I mean if that is the reason then yeah, that is understandable that they might have put everyone in 0.2 under a 0.2+3 contract and that would be a reasonable explanation as to why they didn't pick Hayden.

    I'm mind boggled that simply wanting any kind of explanation seems to cause a lot of uproar here lol

    Also thanks @alexis.anagram, I couldn't have phrased it better. I think Alyson did a decent job in 0.2 (sorry, I just prefer Hayden's lower voice, it fits Kairi better), I didn't like the trailer delivery but then again Quinton also felt a little weird, maybe the two of them were just supposed to play them shy and unsure of what they're supposed to do with each other as brand new companions after their bad past together. We'll see how she fares for the rest of the game, if she's up to her 0.2 delivery, it'll be okay.

  11. #41
    Silver Member gosoxtim's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,622
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    here my take it for 0.2 was part 3 so when they did recoreding hayden was abile so oyu go to your backup instead which is why alyson is doing kh3 instead also i think some reason is that maybe normua requested kairi and xion to be one va this time love risa for japanese i mean nomura did request lenonard nimory as xehanort

  12. #42
    Unversed Alja's Avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Posts
    245
    Gender
    Playing
    KHUX

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by gosoxtim View Post
    here my take it for 0.2 was part 3 so when they did recoreding hayden was abile so oyu go to your backup instead which is why alyson is doing kh3 instead also i think some reason is that maybe normua requested kairi and xion to be one va this time love risa for japanese i mean nomura did request lenonard nimory as xehanort
    I mean sure, but requesting the same VA for Kairi and Xion doesn't make Alyson the only choice since Hayden spoke for Xion before and sounded closer to Xion than Alyson does to Kairi, in my opinion. Tbh I pretty much expected them to only hire one of them to do the parts of both since it's been a trend for a while (and Risa Uchida has been doing both always), that in itself isn't surprising to me or a reason to pick one actress over the other.

  13. #43
    Silver Member gosoxtim's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,622
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by Alja View Post
    I mean sure, but requesting the same VA for Kairi and Xion doesn't make Alyson the only choice since Hayden spoke for Xion before and sounded closer to Xion than Alyson does to Kairi, in my opinion. Tbh I pretty much expected them to only hire one of them to do the parts of both since it's been a trend for a while (and Risa Uchida has been doing both always), that in itself isn't surprising to me or a reason to pick one actress over the other.
    i know hayden did xion before but utlimatly they choses alyson over hayden becuse she was aviiable at the time there were 0.2 and proablly went with kh3 yeah i know sucks but if they had hayden for 0.2 and 3 but not alyson for xion in kh3 would be talking about the same thing as well

  14. #44
    Spots Swoosh's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    Location
    monterey, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,208
    Gender

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...aSWYwQ.twitter

    If you guys are interested there is a petition going around to try and bring back Hayden.

  15. #45
    Larxeneboi and proud to be DarkosOverlord's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,088
    Gender
    Playing
    Officially away from KH III spoilers

    Default Re: Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

    That's... interesting. But I'm not sure.
    I am a bit bummed OG Kairi won't be in the big finale, but I want to give other people a shot when already casted.
    I would sign this if it was BEFORE anyone was actually announced, but now I don't want to complicate things for nobody.

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •