Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Dream Eater
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    None

Default Re: We'll be posting our Kingdom Hearts III impressions this Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Strife View Post
    If someone's getting an early copy of the game, I'm going to get real mad. Hopefully it isn't the case.
    Well people certainly will be getting early copies. It just won’t be until twoish weeks before the game comes out.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Final Fantasy XIV, Dragon Quest Heroes, Persona 4 Dancing All Night, Dragon Age: Inquisition

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Strife View Post
    If someone's getting an early copy of the game, I'm going to get real mad. Hopefully it isn't the case.
    Of course people will be getting early copies...when the game is finished and ready for review

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    KH3 is not ready for anyone to get a copy this early. October is pushing it imo. I can see November absolutely having people getting copies.
    Is...is that a soft confirmation of a December release?

The Oracle is light everlasting Chaser's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    God of War, Yakuza 6, Detroit: Become Human, Dissidia Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by shuyin_zer0 View Post
    Is...is that a soft confirmation of a December release?
    No. November is the month that I think KH3 will launch in. Give them time to continue cleaning up and optimising the game without having to sacrifice anything that they haven't sacrificed already.

Registered
    Oct 2006

November is my guess as well. Even if the game is hypothetically finished as of right now, they still haven't done the big marketing push for the game yet. Obviously this media event is the beginning of said marketing push, but they need a lot more than just this and E3. They're gonna take every opportunity they can to shout about KH3 from the rooftops before release, so I'd say November is a safe bet for releasing soon-ish while also allowing ample time for marketing as well as last minute polishing of the final game.

Registered
    May 2009

Saw this on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FranxLore...36807206293504

Didn't want to make a new thread.

Looks like promotion is kicking in internationally.

Registered
    Jul 2004
    Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Soul View Post
    Saw this on Twitter:

and the hype train picks up more speed.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Soul View Post
    Saw this on Twitter:

I need to ride this bus. It is the hype bus.

Breeze
    Registered
    Jul 2008

Quick question(s) cuz I'm slow: The embargo lifts 6am on Friday PST time? If so, and assuming the event is later that day and not at the crack of dawn, everyone under NDA will be free to disclose current information, however minor, they know and not just what they will see later on at the event right? (e.g you guys can say at 6am "this is all that we know the event is gonna be about" and later on during the event "this is what's happening")

I ask because the wording of certain youtubers are confusing as all hell aren't the best

Registered
    Apr 2018
    Playing
    Inazuma Eleven

Sorry to burst you guys' bubble but thats just a hired bus form the European marketing team. On the other side theres an ad for Tomb Raider. I have no idea what this is for but apparently its being used to transport Square workers somewhere. Your guess is as good as mine as to where. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by 2 quid is good View Post
    Sorry to burst you guys' bubble but thats just a hired bus form the European marketing team. On the other side theres an ad for Tomb Raider. I have no idea what this is for but apparently its being used to transport Square workers somewhere. Your guess is as good as mine as to where. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    What bubble are you bursting? There’s a bus with a KH3 advertisement. What it is used for and what other ads it has doesn’t make it any less exciting that they’re putting marketing materials in the public eye.

Registered
    Apr 2018
    Playing
    Inazuma Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    What bubble are you bursting? There’s a bus with a KH3 advertisement. What it is used for and what other ads it has doesn’t make it any less exciting that they’re putting marketing materials in the public eye.
    You were talking about promotion for the game kicking in. It hasn't started yet

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

You were talking about promotion for the game kicking in. It hasn't started yet
    For the record, in my first post about the bus, I only said two sentences. One about wanting to ride the bus. And the second jokingly referring to it as the hype bus. (Hype vehicles seem to be a running gag with KHI’s hype rocket post and the hype train being the Big Magic Mountain.) I never said the bus meant promotion was kicking in.

But since you brought it up, yes. It does mean promotion is kicking in. I honestly don’t understand your logic about this. If they weren’t promoting the game, the banner wouldn’t be on a bus where anyone it drives by can see it. The bus itself may be used for SE staff only. But it inevitably has to drive by people who will see it, take pictures, etc. The very fact that we’re discussing it means the marketing tactic was successful. If they didn’t want this to happen, they wouldn’t put the banner on the bus.

Btw, those are new renders for Woody and Buzz, which means this isn’t old marketing material either.

Registered
    Nov 2009

Well, seeing as that bus is out in public, here's the partial Woody and Buzz renders used on it:

Registered
    Apr 2018
    Playing
    Inazuma Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    For the record, in my first post about the bus, I only said two sentences. One about wanting to ride the bus. And the second jokingly referring to it as the hype bus. (Hype vehicles seem to be a running gag with KHI’s hype rocket post and the hype train being the Big Magic Mountain.) I never said the bus meant promotion was kicking in.

But since you brought it up, yes. It does mean promotion is kicking in. I honestly don’t understand your logic about this. If they weren’t promoting the game, the banner wouldn’t be on a bus where anyone it drives by can see it. The bus itself may be used for SE staff only. But it inevitably has to drive by people who will see it, take pictures, etc. The very fact that we’re discussing it means the marketing tactic was successful. If they didn’t want this to happen, they wouldn’t put the banner on the bus.

Btw, those are new renders for Woody and Buzz, which means this isn’t old marketing material either.
    Ok bro, I'm not wanting to make a big deal out of this purely because I mostly said the "bubble bursting" in jest.

Promotion in my mind means things like posters, TV spots, online banners etc that's all I was getting at. I personally, however misguided I might have been, thought that you and the previous posters thought that this part of the marketing campaign was starting.

I made a mistake, and assumed too much. Sorry guys. Hopefully you don't think I'm an arsehole for it :/

So it's a misunderstanding, chill your beans dude. You call other people out on being defensive and the like and don't seem to notice when the shoe's on the other foot XD

Also, those renders look awesome, how'd you get them so clean Sign?

Registered
    Nov 2009

Also, those renders look awesome, how'd you get them so clean Sign?
    This secret stays with me for now :)

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast