Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered
    Apr 2015
    None

Default I hope we get to fight the Disney villains as bosses for each Disney world in Kingdom Hearts III

From what we've seen in Kingdom Hearts III trailers so far, we'll be fighting a Heartless boss in each world, and possibly an Organization XIII member in each world. The only Disney villains that we have seen so far, aside from Maleficent and Pete, are Hades and Lythos. I hope we will still be able to fight against the Disney villains for each respective world. I want to fight Zurg from Toy Story. I want to fight Lythos, Hydros, Pyros, Stratos, and the Cyclops from Hercules. I want to fight Randall from Monsters, Inc. I want to fight Mother Gothel from Tangled. And I want to fight Yokai from Big Hero 6.

We fought against Heartless bosses in KH2, as well as the Disney villains, but for Beast's Castle, we fought Xaldin instead of Gaston. I hope that the Organization XIII members in Kingdom Hearts III aren't taking the place of the Disney villains for each world like how Xaldin took the place of Gaston. It's possible that we don't even fight the Organization XIII members in the Disney worlds that they show up in in Kingdom Hearts III, and they just appear and talk to Sora to try to manipulate him like they did in Dream Drop Distance, but it seems like they are trying to make the Disney worlds more relevant to the overall plot (which is a good thing), so it seems sort of like the Organization XIII members might be taking the place of the Disney villains in order to make that happen. If we are going to fight the Organization XIII members in the Disney worlds, then I hope it doesn't replace the Disney villain boss fights, and they are just another separate boss fight instead.

Another point of concern is the fact that most of the Disney worlds will have new unique original plots that differ or continue from the respective Disney movies. This is a good thing because it's fixing something many people complained about from the previous games, which is having to play through the exact plot from the Disney movies, but it's a point of concern in regards to which characters will appear in the worlds. The fact that some of the worlds are having plots that continue from where the Disney movies left off could mean that we won't be fighting the Disney villains from those worlds, since they were defeated in the movies. I hope they find a way to make the villains return somehow, because not having a boss fight against Yokai in the Big Hero 6 world or a fight against Zurg or Stinky Pete in the Toy Story world would be a really big missed opportunity.

I might be overthinking things, but who knows.

What are your thoughts on this?

Registered
    Oct 2006
    Default Re: I hope we get to fight the Disney villains as bosses for each Disney world in Kingdom Hearts III

We're getting Rock Titan in Olympus. I expect at least Hades to be a boss there as well.

It seems like the Dark Baymax will use microbots to fight, so it will likely be like fighting Yokai. I wouldn't be surprised if other worlds with original stories would have enough calling back to the original villains to make up for not having them.

The Heartless boss for Toy Story is clearly Zurg-themed too.

Registered
    Nov 2016
    None

Default Re: I hope we get to fight the Disney villains as bosses for each Disney world in Kingdom Hearts III

I agree. Zurg is a must in Toy Story and the other titans should make an appearance in the Hercules world. Randall should also at least be a mini-boss (I don't see him as a main threat) in Monster's Inc. Tangled will hopefully have a Mother Gothel fight by giving her some heartless powers or they could even have her team up with Marluxia, who knows lol.

Regarding Frozen, I think that they'll probably have that snow monster from the film as a boss but I doubt Hans will be the villain there. Also the Big Hero 6 world will have Evil Baymax as the main villain of that world, so I think that confirms that we won't be fighting Yokai.

I agree fighting the villains from the Disney films does make the game more special. We'll see what they have in-store for us.

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts 2

I honestly hope there will be more surprising Disney villains to fight for the game, than what we know so far.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

If Frozen is following the story of the original movie then we're guaranteed a Hans battle. I mean, this scene alone is ripe for re-creation.

On the other hand, I do miss the notion of battling Yokai and his Microbots, but I think Big Hero 6 was a special case in which the world was decided for Kingdom Hearts III before the movie itself was finished. But if there's one boss battle not to expect then it's Randall from Monsters Inc.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

My ideas:

Olympus Coliseum
    • Rock Titan
    • Hades
    • Nessus the Centaur (tutorial boss after training with Phil?)
    • The other Titans or Heartless heavily inspired by them (it might be difficult to fight a tornado) as optional bosses.

Toy Story
    • Stinky Pete in a western themed floor.
    • Zurg in a space themed floor.

Monstropolis
    • Randall and Waternoose as a tag team battle. This depends on what they do with the plot though.

Corona
    • Mother Gothel w/ a Heartless

San Fransokyo
    • Dark Baymax

Arendelle
    • Marshmallow
    • Hans with a Heartless

Game Central Station

• King Candy

In addition, I wouldn’t mind seeing some Disney bosses appear either in subplots of original locations or Mirage Arena/Coliseum type battles. It’d be cool if we could learn the Ariel link by fighting with her against Ursula again, Aladdin by fighting Jafar, etc.

Also, please let Cruella show up somewhere.
    Last edited by Zip; March 11, 2018 at 10:45 PM.

Organization Member
    Registered
    Jul 2012
    Lego Video Games Harry Potter Ratchet Clank Kingdom Hearts

If there's going to be a Treasure Planet world for this Game then i want to fight Scroop and if there's a Jungle Book world then i want to fight Shere Khan.

Registered
    Jul 2009

Ya know...at first I said who cares, but now after fighting Organization XIII members on Critical I'M LIKE THEY diddlyING BETTER !!!

Dream Eater
    Registered
    Jan 2011
    None

Quote Originally Posted by horto12485 View Post
    If there's going to be a Treasure Planet world for this Game then i want to fight Scroop and if there's a Jungle Book world then i want to fight Shere Khan.
    Could you please stop saying the same thing about Treasure Planet and Jungle Book on each freaking threads? I always see your post saying you really want to see these 2 worlds here and at KH13.com (your ID is John Horton there) and gamefaqs (Johngamerfan). I also vageuly remember seeing your post at KH reddits.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

I hope they are just keeping the contents of the worlds tight to their chests this time, it sort of seems that way? And its really not hard for them to write original plots that allow for Disney bosses in most if not all worlds...they have done it before. Its just if they actually bother lol. I would hope the Disney writers actually helping this time will guarantee that but nothing really does.

Organization Member luuizhenriquem's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2017
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Baymax View Post
    If Frozen is following the story of the original movie then we're guaranteed a Hans battle. I mean, this scene alone is ripe for re-creation.

On the other hand, I do miss the notion of battling Yokai and his Microbots, but I think Big Hero 6 was a special case in which the world was decided for Kingdom Hearts III before the movie itself was finished. But if there's one boss battle not to expect then it's Randall from Monsters Inc.
    Wow this never came to my mind before... You're so right It would be an amazing re-creation scene to be in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    My ideas:

Olympus Coliseum
    • Rock Titan
    • Hades
    • Nessus the Centaur (tutorial boss after training with Phil?)
    • The other Titans or Heartless heavily inspired by them (it might be difficult to fight a tornado) as optional bosses.

Toy Story
    • Stinky Pete in a western themed floor.
    • Zurg in a space themed floor.

Monstropolis
    • Randall and Waternoose as a tag team battle. This depends on what they do with the plot though.

Corona
    • Mother Gothel w/ a Heartless

San Fransokyo
    • Dark Baymax

Arendelle
    • Marshmallow
    • Hans with a Heartless

Game Central Station

• King Candy

In addition, I wouldn’t mind seeing some Disney bosses appear either in subplots of original locations or Mirage Arena/Coliseum type battles. It’d be cool if we could learn the Ariel link by fighting with her against Ursula again, Aladdin by fighting Jafar, etc.

Omg yas Zip, I pretty much second everything you said lol

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post

I love this idea of summons being learned from boss fights of old characters. I know in the past I thought it would be interesting if Maleficent were to use the Book of Prophecies to create powerful versions of old characters like Jafar, Ursula, and so on for you to fight similar to the data battles in KH2 FM.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    I love this idea of summons being learned from boss fights of old characters. I know in the past I thought it would be interesting if Maleficent were to use the Book of Prophecies to create powerful versions of old characters like Jafar, Ursula, and so on for you to fight similar to the data battles in KH2 FM.
    That’s a great concept! Anything along these lines would be great so we can revisit some classic villains in UE4. Worst case, this would be a cool DLC concept.

Dream Eater
    Registered
    Jan 2015
    None

Olympus Coliseum: Agreed with everything.

Toy Story: It's unconfirmed when the Toy Story storyline takes place so I don't quite know about Pete or Zurg just yet. I prefer Zurg over Skinny Pete though.

Monstropolis: The storyline it seems is taking place after the events of Monsters Inc, so there's no telling if either of them will be a boss since Randall is far from the facility, and Waternoose is imprisoned.

Corona: Still iffy regarding Gothel as a boss, but whatever.

San Fransokyo: Yes. Agreed.

Arendelle: I can see them as bosses. I also have belief that Elsa could be a potential boss. The fear for her powers could be easily manipulated by one of the 13 darknesses the same way Xaldin manipulated Beast.

Game Central Station: Yes.

Keep in mind Agrabah has potential of coming back using the King of Thieves storyline and we fight Saluke...off topic is there something wrong with Princess and the Frog being a world? Have we ever had a swampy bayou themed world before?

Registered
    Apr 2015
    None

Quote Originally Posted by disney233 View Post
    Toy Story: It's unconfirmed when the Toy Story storyline takes place so I don't quite know about Pete or Zurg just yet. I prefer Zurg over Skinny Pete though.
    It's confirmed to take place after Toy Story 2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast