Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Nobody
    Registered
    Feb 2018
    None

Default Re: New Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshots and renders released!

Wow this looks so amazing! I'm a long time can of the kingdom hearts series. Kingdom hearts was my first ps2 game back in the early 2000s. How the 3rd one is coming out! I'm a a little behind on the story but I'll definitely catch up

Nobody
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    I think the differences are a result of being captured at slightly different time. The water building up would absolutely make a lighter tone on Sora, and it would make his hair move back and forth.
    I had the same thought but the difference seems a bit dramatic to be accounted for only by the tiny difference in water buildup that would have occurred in those handful of extra frames. Not sure TBH.

Also if you look at the character HUD icons they're desaturated around the lips and eyes on the JP screencap compared to the NA ones, although that could be something from 4Gamer.
    Last edited by mvitkun; February 13, 2018 at 04:02 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2008
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider

I'm not seeing much of a difference on the HUD icons. What I am able to see is very minor, but that may just be my eyes.

There's certainly some differences between the two screens but that is because they were taken from both the English and the Japanese builds (command text, MP/Health bars) so I'm not sure if we can deny that the amount of water being the reason for the lighter model. However there are some things that are actually different between the two images, such as there being a rock underneath Sora in the Japanese screen.

✮ I'm an action figure! ✮ Recon's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Zul View Post
    There's something off here....

First Riku starts looking like Noctis.

Then his keyblade looks like a car-key, probably the key to the GummiRegalia.

Next we're going to see Axel use his fire to cook a new Recipeh.
    But why stop there?

Namifreya is probably out there somewhere sketching her favorite chocobro.

Moogles will only sell you a hideous doll version of itself.

And Cid is really just MoM pulling pranks on kids before he kicks the bucket.

Registered
    Mar 2013
    None

Quote Originally Posted by mvitkun View Post
    I had the same thought but the difference seems a bit dramatic to be accounted for only by the tiny difference in water buildup that would have occurred in those handful of extra frames.

Also if you look at the character HUD icons they're desaturated on the JP screencap compared to the NA ones, although that could be something from 4Gamer.
    And uh... also if you look at the tree behind Sora and the nearby slope, the screenshots are taken from different angles? Combined with the fact that Sora is still facing the screen in each of them, the lighting is of course gonna hit him and everything else a little differently between them.

Nobody
    Registered
    Sep 2010
    None

There's certainly some differences between the two screens but that is because they were taken from both the English and the Japanese builds (command text, MP/Health bars) so I'm not sure if we can deny that the amount of water being the reason for the lighter model. However there are some things that are actually different between the two images, such as there being a rock underneath Sora in the Japanese screen.
    I'm pretty sure the rock is in a similar spot, the camera is just not in the same position because it's two separate runs made to look as similar as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaferian View Post
    I understand there's bound to be some difference between them, it just seems a bit much imo.

I'm not seeing much of a difference on the HUD icons. What I am able to see is very minor, but that may just be my eyes.
    I zoomed into both images and flipped back and forth, there's a definite difference in saturation on Donalds tunic, Goofy's goggles, Sora's eyes, and Flynn's face but like I said before that could be from added compression by 4Gamer.

Registered
    Feb 2008

Quote Originally Posted by mvitkun View Post
    Haha. I'm pretty sure the rock is in a similar spot, the camera is just not in the same position because it's two separate runs made to look as similar as possible.

I understand there's bound to be some difference between them, it just seems a bit much imo.

I zoomed into both images and flipped back and forth, there's a definite difference in saturation on Donalds tunic, Goofy's goggles, Sora's eyes, and Flynn's face but like I said before that could be from added compression by 4Gamer.
    I see the difference in Sora's eyes but I'm struggling with the others.

The rock may not be visible because of the camera position, but it wouldn't be the first time Square Enix released media with things missing. KH1.5 had a bunch of missing assets in their screenshots which was baffling. They recently released a launch trailer for Dissidia which had a bunch of pop in during a cutscene. Even this trailer there was a few things that had a distinct pop in, such as a rock in the forest of Corona.

Registered
    Mar 2013
    None

I honestly don't see much difference in the UI bits either... and even pulling up the screenshots on my 4k Samsung smart tv they look almost identical to me. Saturation offsets/differences are HELLA obvious on these things.

Registered
    Mar 2014
    Breath of the Wild

This has been my favorite week of the year.

Rii
    Heartless
    Registered
    Jul 2013
    The Last of Us

Man, I love Riku’s new Keyblade. It looks so simple... and clean.

Joking aside. I love it. I think it looks very sleek, and not over done. 10/10. Also his new design got me drooling over here. Damn.

Dream Eater
    Registered
    Jan 2011
    None

Default Re: New Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshots and renders show Monster's Inc, Riku, and Toy Story.

FYI, replacing those images with official English ones so if some of them somehow get corrupt please do not worry!

It's available for download on the North American press site, but it is slow because of the amount of people trying to grab it.
    Could you give me the link?
    I googled it but nothing showed up. Thanks.

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts 2

Eventually they release new renders of Toy Story & Tangled but for now we have these.

Registered
    Feb 2008

Default Re: New Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshots and renders show Monster's Inc, Riku, and Toy Story.

Quote Originally Posted by Qiesamuel View Post
    Could you give me the link?
    I googled it but nothing showed up. Thanks.
    Square Enix Press Center

*fangirls mathematically* FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    with your minds

Started working on some edits and had a random thought on Riku's new Keyblade.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    You're the unsung hero posterity will talk about.
    Just doing my noble duty.

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

Seeing the eyes makes me think they are Materia slots. Riku confirmed for FF7R?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast