Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Registered
    Jun 2015

Default Re: KH3 Release Month/Date Prediction

Hoping for September or October here.

will I cry when it's all over Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by notnow123487 View Post
    I hate this argument that just because other KH games have not been delayed significantly that that is evidence this game won’t be. This isn’t like any other kh games so I don’t see how it’s comparable.
    The reason it is a solid argument is because it shows that they have a good grasp on development schedules. If there was a repeat history of delays in their development history, it would mean that they are bad at setting development goals and meeting them in timely manners. That kind of stuff carries over into future developments. They have an internal date that has been set by SE and Disney, which they have constantly stated they are on schedule with in past interviews.

It’s obviously much easier to use recycled assets and to develop for handheld devices.
    I’ll give you that. It is easier.

The first game since kh2 that wasn’t using recycled assets was delayed although only a month.
    If we are talking about 2.8, that delay wasn’t even because 2.8 wasn’t finished. It was done. They were ready to release the game, but XV was delayed so it forced them to change their release schedule to accommodate XV.

We know the game has had development problems in the past from a steep learning curve and switch to unreal engine 4 although that was a long time ago.
    Then they had Epic Games come and help them figure things out, and they’ve said it’s been a much easier process since. Every game has development hiccups, and most AAA games hardly come together until the last few months because there are so many different working parts.

If I were to compare this game to any other game, it would be FFXV, which was delayed close to three months for polish.
    XV is not comparable to KH3. XV is on a completely different engine, said engine being a behemoth of a beast to develop on whereas UE4 is well-documented engine with a lot of tech support readily available.

Neither of us can really say if it will or won’t be delayed, but I don’t think there are any solid, objective reasons as to why anybody should think it will be delayed to 2019.

I don’t think it is impossible for it to get a date then be delayed that way, but rolling it into 2019? No way. Disney can’t afford that and neither can SE.

Quote Originally Posted by Alja View Post
    Also, Final Fantasy XV having been delayed is no evidence KH3 will be delayed, either. First it's been a full year now and second I'm not even sure if the same development teams work on both games (I can't be bothered to remember lol sorry) so apart from the Unreal Engine switch and general schedules (like not releasing too many games at once), they might be quite independent from each other.
    XV is developed by Business Division 2 based in Tokyo with Tabata as the division lead. KH3 is developed by Business Division 3 in Osaka with Hashimoto as the division lead.

Quote Originally Posted by drew0512 View Post
    It's not that KH3 won't be delayed because a delay has been hardly a thing in this franchise. It's a nonsense to assume that it will be delayed because there are no reasons to think it will. Any game could be possibly delayed and KH3 is not a special case. There is just no objective reason to believe it will, whereas FXV had many.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Oracle Spockanort; January 12, 2018 at 06:30 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    KINGDOM HEARTS I.5 + II.5 ReMix

I think it'll release on Fall. BbS was released on fall.

Rii
    Heartless
    Registered
    Jul 2013
    The Last of Us

I’m hopeful for September. But I’m placing my money on mid-November, either the 13th or the 20th.

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts Union X

Autumn seems very likely.
    Late or early is still uncertain.

Heartless
    Registered
    Dec 2016
    None

i really hope for release date after august at least (full 4- years development).
    regarding delays:
    KH1 was delayed
    KH days was delayed
    KH2.8 was delayed

it's okay even if they delay it!,

Organization Member
    Registered
    May 2014
    None

Nomura has said time and time again that the game will not be delayed. If they're saying 2018, then that is what they're gonna do.

Now as for when I predict July or August, after E3. I think the release date will be announced at D23 in February. Similar to how FF15 release date happened at a special event and not E3.

Registered
    Jun 2010
    None

November 20th, 2018. The tuesday before black friday.

Registered
    Jun 2015
    Myself (congrats are in order), KHU[chi]

Pretty much anytime between this fall and winter. So around August (not happening) and December (I can say, almost with the utmost certainty, it's not coming out in December). Seems to make too much sense. Ever since I got into college, I recall many big games coming out during my fall semester when I couldn't buy games (Completely not salty. XD)

It would make too much sense for them to release one of their biggest games ever (probably) in the fall.
    Last edited by Sally-boiii; January 16, 2018 at 01:54 AM.

Organization Member Sonicfan2525's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2010

Quote Originally Posted by saad View Post
    i really hope for release date after august at least (full 4- years development).
    regarding delays:
    KH1 was delayed
    KH days was delayed
    KH2.8 was delayed

it's okay even if they delay it!,
    Well KH1 being delayed makes sense seeing it was the very first game in the franchise and it was something entirely brand new for the development team. 2.8 was only delayed because of FFXV being delayed, as Square didn't want the game to clash with it's release even though it was ready to ship out. Can't really say much for Days though.

That said, I completely agree that it's fine if the game does end up getting delayed. However, I have a lot of faith in Nomura and his team. I'm sure they'll meet their deadline unless something out of their control comes up.

The Oracle is light everlasting Chaser's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    God of War, Yakuza 6, Detroit: Become Human, Dissidia Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Soul View Post
    Based on this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHear...2018_which_is/

Julia dolls at a 20.18 price are posted on a flyer for Galaxy Toys.
    Man, I remember tweeting about the $20.18 price tag on the Julia dolls last year. The dev team is not very subtle.

Anyways, put me down for late October, early November.

Registered
    Jun 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    Man, I remember tweeting about the $20.18 price tag on the Julia dolls last year. The dev team is not very subtle.

The dev team was like "Pfft we consulted Toys R Us of Japan and USA and they told us these were reasonable prices!! You guys are crazy!!" XD
    Honestly wish I was paying enough attention to the trailer when it first came out. It would have made a lot more cool.

Rii
    Heartless
    Registered
    Jul 2013
    The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post

What are the chances that “Julia $20.18” translates to “July 2018”?

Registered
    Jun 2015

The word "Julio" exists in Spanish and that translates to "July". "Julia" is to "chica" as "Julio" is to "chico" in Spanish (in a sense). So it may be true. But who knows...?
    Last edited by Sally-boiii; January 15, 2018 at 08:18 AM.

The Oracle is light everlasting Chaser's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    God of War, Yakuza 6, Detroit: Become Human, Dissidia Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Rii View Post
    What are the chances that “Julia $20.18” translates to “July 2018”?
    It is possible but only if the release date is revealed next month. They would only get a big push at E3, but that’s a lot better for “final trailer” stuff and whatnot than if the release date is held back until E3 with a release the following month. That would not work and it would not be wise.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast