Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Eater
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    None

Default Re: Why I don't believe KH3 will be delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by rokudamia2 View Post
    For me the reason I think kh3 is being released this year is due to the increase in merchandise in the past year. Also the game at the very least is in a playable state. Based on trailers.
    FFXV was playable from start to finish a year before it came out and it still got delayed two months.

Registered
    Apr 2012

Quote Originally Posted by notnow123487 View Post
    FFXV was playable from start to finish a year before it came out and it still got delayed two months.
    Ya it was playable but all the bugs hadn't been fixed and all the mechanics fully fleshed out. Just because the turkey is done doesn't mean thanksgiving dinner is ready.

Turn around and shake my hand. DarkGrey Heroine's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2015
    virtually in the lovely company of Charlie Eppes
    I defeated Sans so I move to the next so-said "challenging" experience: Dark Souls. [tbc]

I understand the "KH3 will never come out" jokes and things, but I seriously can't relate to them anymore. 2018, as announced, seems to me like a reasonable and believable release year for all the reasons you guys pointed out in this thread.
    This kind of meme was more relatable throughout the years (and months) before FFXV's release. I mean, it felt relatable even one month before the announced release date, then things got delayed, and the meme lived, and then the game was out, but the meme still somehow lingers xD
    Idk, I don't feel I waited that much for KH3, the fandom is being dramatic when they say "we waited for this game for n years!!" cuz buddy, it's not like you're playin' KH non-stop and have nothing else to do, so you're n years were empty and cruel.
    On the other hand, it's a funny thought that by the time KH3 is released, I'll finish my first university lol

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Cuphead

I mean, of course there's not even need to be said that the "jokes" will continue even after the release date or when the game will be physically in our houses, KH III will never be free of its stigma of "the game that never comes out" (even if it's far from being the title with the longest wait or delay).
    This whole argument is but a sub-section of the much bigger picture about KH and it's bad reputation amongst the mainstream audience: when the Toy Story trailer (so one that had a bigger impact than others) launched, immediately you could've read the good ol' "I simply don't care for a game that hasn't been out in 10 years" or "Why does Xemnas look so young and has a different voice?" comments.
    We can (and we did) discuss how much of this is to blame on Nomura, SE's marketing, or the people that speak without thinking, but the point is: it's just inevitable at this point. None will rob people of what they now feel is a holy right to make fun of KH III.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGrey Heroine View Post
    Idk, I don't feel I waited that much for KH3, the fandom is being dramatic when they say "we waited for this game for n years!!" cuz buddy, it's not like you're playin' KH non-stop and have nothing else to do, so you're n years were empty and cruel.
    And if they were, you need a hobby from your hobby. Dedicating so much of your time and emotions to one thing is bad for your health on many levels, and the sure-fire way to set up the expectations bar absurdly high.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGrey Heroine View Post
    On the other hand, it's a funny thought that by the time KH3 is released, I'll finish my first university lol
    Same (this summer, actually).
    And I was in high-school when KH III was announced. Think if I'd made that the center of my universe for all this time.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

More casual fans of Square Enix games are probably unaware that the developers of Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III are different. Just because they're both published by Square Enix, they think of them as one and the same.

But I don't really care of what others think about the progress of this game. I'm taking the publishers word until stated otherwise.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    Same (this summer, actually).
    And I was in high-school when KH III was announced. Think if I'd made that the center of my universe for all this time.
    I was in high school when KH2 came out. If KH3 actually is released next year, I'll have finished university 7 years prior.... Pretty amazing gap there.

Registered
    May 2009

Square's release record is pretty good when it comes to KH. The only delay I can think of is 2.8, and that wasn't even the KH team's fault. The FFXV delay pushed it's December release by a month. I believe in them. Plus they have the House of Mouse keeping them in check.

Registered
    Jun 2010
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Soul View Post
    Square's release record is pretty good when it comes to KH. The only delay I can think of is 2.8, and that wasn't even the KH team's fault. The FFXV delay pushed it's December release by a month. I believe in them. Plus they have the House of Mouse keeping them in check.
    Days was delayed, and I believe another title was that I can't recall - but yeah. If KH3 DOES get delayed, it'll be because it's absolutely needed. I fully expect it to come out next year, but the industry is what it is and I don't blame people for being sheepish.

Registered
    Feb 2008

For me, personally, it's more than just a "joke" culture. Any time I want to promote the 2018 release date on social media, we get hundreds of tweets just like this:

These people are adamant in their belief that KH3 will either not release in 2018 or not release at all and it's just so tiresome. I get if someone is a bit wary because of Square's delay record, but there's a difference between being cautious of being excited for a 2018 date and being an ignorant ass who screams "delay" any time they see "coming 2018".

Quote Originally Posted by Pokie View Post

It took them a decade to bring out FFXV because of development hell and the FF VII Remake is now going through development hell as well. Square at the moment is just a big struggle as they are just too ambitious and get carried away and announce their projects out just way too soon. Don't have any faith in them either. They just don't seem to learn from mistakes.
    Final Fantasy XV took three years to come out from announcement to release. Any development before then, such as the Versus days, were written off as a loss to the company and the project was started over. Those years should not be counted against FFXV imo.

Quote Originally Posted by notnow123487 View Post
    Final Fantasy XV was feature complete in October 2016. They could play from the start of the game to the end of the story, but optimisation and performance were lacking. Plus we know they kept tinkering with a lot of things in the lead up to it's release. It's development was a mess but Tabata pulled off a good game (subjective, and this isn't the thread to have it).

Silver Member OathkeeperRoxas XIII's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    KH series, FF Series, Pokemon Series, TOS2

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    For me, personally, it's more than just a "joke" culture. Any time I want to promote the 2018 release date on social media, we get hundreds of tweets just like this:

These people are adamant in their belief that KH3 will either not release in 2018 or not release at all and it's just so tiresome. I get if someone is a bit wary because of Square's delay record, but there's a difference between being cautious of being excited for a 2018 date and being an ignorant ass who screams "delay" any time they see "coming 2018".

Final Fantasy XV took three years to come out from announcement to release. Any development before then, such as the Versus days, were written off as a loss to the company and the project was started over. Those years should not be counted against FFXV imo.

Final Fantasy XV was feature complete in October 2016. They could play from the start of the game to the end of the story, but optimisation and performance were lacking. Plus we know they kept tinkering with a lot of things in the lead up to it's release. It's development was a mess but Tabata pulled off a good game (subjective, and this isn't the thread to have it).
    Jeez

People didn't think Persona 5 would Come out

Sold 2 million copies worldwide

When it comes out, people will just eat their hats, same with XV

Registered
    Jun 2015
    Myself (congrats are in order), KHU[chi]

Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    Even back when the first trailers got released some people pointed out the issues and claimed the best outcome would've been no sooner than late 2018.
    I believed them then, I believe them now. Granted, none of us actually knows how the developing is going and the unthinkable can always happen, but as of now I have no reason to believe in a delay, even with all the mistrust I have for SE as of late.

Now, if one wants to brace himself with a bit of pessimism and already preparing for a possible delay is fine in my opinion, it's just that people have no reason to yell the delay WILL happen. It's one of those memes that is becoming less of a joke and more of a creed with each passing day.

I think one of my biggest problem with the "It'll never release" camp is that, like Chaser said, they have ignored entries in the narrative as though they aren't important. Using some crappy circular/irrational "I don't think it's important, KH 1, 2, and CoM, are only important, so everything else is irrelevant logic." But then say we've waited "10 years".

Moreover, there are relatively big youtubers (namely Gamersjoint), who perpetuate it. Like why??? -_-
    Last edited by Sally-boiii; December 8, 2017 at 03:53 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2013
    DOOM

I mean it is a very big gap away from 2, and frankly, another true adventure with SDG and new worlds is all I've actually wanted since 2. I've gotten old since then.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Cuphead

Quote Originally Posted by Sally-boiii View Post
    I think one of my biggest problem with the "It'll never release" camp is that, like Chaser said, they have ignored entries in the narrative as though they aren't important. Using some crappy circular/irrational "I don't think it's important, KH 1, 2, and CoM, are only important, so everything else is irrelevant logic." But then say we've waited "10 years".

Moreover, there are relatively big youtubers (namely Gamersjoint), who perpetuate it. Like why??? -_-
    Because they belong to the category I've spoken about before, the people talking out of what others said, or through memes and false myths that the Internet now considers the truth about this franchise.
    Big youtubers too, are often just as misinformed about the saga as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Launchpad View Post
    I mean it is a very big gap away from 2, and frankly, another true adventure with SDG and new worlds is all I've actually wanted since 2. I've gotten old since then.
    This is something to which I relate too, but I feel it's a tad different argument that focuses more on how SE and Nomura handled the series rather than what the fans think or exaggerate.

Registered
    Aug 2017
    Digimon World: Next Order, Undertale, Stories PoD, Dark Cloud

I think the joke's less on the delay, but on the many "fill-ins" that came between 2 and 3. Many players, claiming themselves fans, have never touched any of the so-called "side games" (BBS, DDD, Coded, Days) and are only waiting for a numbered title, thus it must be an even bigger gap between 2 and 3. And for other people who haven't kept up with KH the whole time the naming thing must sound kinda ridiculous. I mean, come on, 1, 2, 1.5, 2.5, 2.8 (including 0.2 and 2.9), it IS kinda ridiculous and worth being made fun of. I mean, heck, technically KH4 (1.5+2.5) released before KH3. I don't know many other games that have been through that much console-hopping and that have been remastered more than once - I only can think of Skyrim right now and people also make fun when they announce the 1001st port / remaster / re-interpretation / whatever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12