Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered
    Nov 2016
    None

Default What returning Disney films do you want?

Personally, I'd love Aladdin as we never got to fight the snake version of Jafar. I also wouldn't mind Pirates of the Caribbean as the follow up movies are about hearts and I think that it'd fit in with the game.

Any other Disney films that you guys would like to see?

EeL
    Registered
    Apr 2007

Default Re: What returning Disney films do you want?

I definitely would like Aladdin to come back. Forget the King of Thieves storyline and bring Jafar back as the snake.

I also really want Atlantica to return and Never Land. I don't need any other returning worlds besides those.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    I definitely would like Aladdin to come back. Forget the King of Thieves storyline and bring Jafar back as the snake.

I also really want Atlantica to return and Never Land. I don't need any other returning worlds besides those.
    I couldn't disagree more. We can have an alternate King of Thieves storyline in which Jafar gets resurrected and substitutes the villain of that movie. Atlantica doesn't need to return if Atlantis: The Lost Empire ends up being in the game, likewise, Treasure Planet seems to be the more ideal contender for the Pirate themed world for Kingdom Hearts III (over Neverland and Pirates of the Caribbean).

If any other world should return outside Agrabah then it should be The Nightmare Before Christmas. I'd love to see how Stop motion is presented through the Kingdom Shader.

Registered
    Nov 2016
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Baymax View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. We can have an alternate King of Thieves storyline in which Jafar gets resurrected and substitutes the villain of that movie. Atlantica doesn't need to return if Atlantis: The Lost Empire ends up being in the game, likewise, Treasure Planet seems to be the more ideal contender for the Pirate themed world for Kingdom Hearts III (over Neverland and Pirates of the Caribbean).

If any other world should return outside Agrabah then it should be The Nightmare Before Christmas. I'd love to see how Stop motion is presented through the Kingdom Shader.
    Why do you think Treasure Planet is a better idea than Pirates of the Caribbean? The next plot of the films for Pirates of the Caribbean is to do with hearts, so it fits a lot more than Treasure Planet.

Registered
    Jul 2017
    Birth by Sleep FM

FANTASIA.

Something about going through the world with classical music in the background felt so magical to me.

I doubt it'll happen, but oh well.

Registered
    Jan 2013

Agrabah and 100 Acre Woods would be my picks. Agrabah due to it being the most recurring Disney world after Olympus and 100 Acre woods was hinted from Jim Cummings.

Given that KH3 will likely have only 9-10 Disney worlds I can't see more then one or two returning worlds in addition to Olympus

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

I’m skeptical that both Treasure Planet and Atlantis would be in KH3. Getting one of them would be lucky, but both in the same game? Seems unlikely for a series that generally skews towards successful Disney properties. They’ve never touched box office bombs like TP, Atlantis, and The Black Cauldron before... I mean, the most unsuccessful film they've used before is probably Hercules, and that was a minor hit for them. What’s more, Disney likes to pretend most of the 2000’s never happened.

Unlike most, I'd be fine with any returning Disney worlds. Especially with the upgrade to PS4, I'd love how films that've been used before would look now.

Registered
    Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    I’m skeptical that both Treasure Planet and Atlantis would be in KH3. Getting one of them would be lucky, but both in the same game? Seems unlikely for a series that generally skews towards successful Disney properties. They’ve never touched box office bombs like TP, Atlantis, and The Black Cauldron before... I mean, the most unsuccessful film they've used before is probably Hercules, and that was a minor hit for them. What’s more, Disney likes to pretend most of the 2000’s never happened.

Unlike most, I'd be fine with any returning Disney worlds. Especially with the upgrade to PS4, I'd love how films that've been used before would look now.
    KH has used lesser known, underrated films before. Such as The Three Musketeers in DDD.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Quote Originally Posted by robotman View Post
    Why do you think Treasure Planet is a better idea than Pirates of the Caribbean? The next plot of the films for Pirates of the Caribbean is to do with hearts, so it fits a lot more than Treasure Planet.
    Because Treasure Planet is arguably the most demanded Disney property to be in Kingdom Hearts. Alongside this, Roy Conli, the producer of the movie is working on the game. Add to the fact that two of his three movies have already been confirmed, and the fact that there were assets of the Treasure Planet ship in Dream Drop Distance, and the likeliness of its inclusion beats Pirates of the Caribbean.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Ienzo View Post
    FANTASIA.

Something about going through the world with classical music in the background felt so magical to me.

I doubt it'll happen, but oh well.
    Actually, Fantasia 2000 was considered to be in Dream Drop Distance (as Riku's segment), but it didn't end up in the game. Worlds that were considered for one title are often transferred over to the next (e.g: Prankster's Paradise from 358/2 Days to Dream Drop Distance). Merlin is training Kairi and Lea in a Time Chamber, maybe said time chamber is Fantasia 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post

Truth be told, there's not really much worlds that are honestly suitable for Kingdom Hearts in the Post-renaissance era. There's Fantasia 2000, The Emperor's new Groove, Lilo & Stitch, Treasure Planet and Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Dinosaur just wouldn't work, Chicken Little is a movie that Disney would forget ever existed, Brother Bear would be difficult to implement, Meet the Robinson is an urban futuristic locale (already taken by Big Hero 6) and let's not get started on Home on the Range.

Out of all the contenders that I've listed, Atlantis and Treasure Planet have a solid chance of making it in. I've already mentioned Treasure Planet's possibility, but with Atlantis, there's Heartless in Kingdom Hearts Union X that look like they're aesthetically designed for that movie in particular. Here's some examples.

And as Swoosh mentioned, obscurity of the Disney property went out the window when Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers was a world, and Julius out of all character was a secret Disney boss. Really, anything's game as long as it can naturally be implemented in Kingdom Hearts,

Registered
    Jul 2009

Live action Aladdin. Take my money.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

And as Swoosh mentioned, obscurity of the Disney property went out the window when Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers was a world, and Julius out of all character was a secret Disney boss. Really, anything's game as long as it can naturally be implemented in Kingdom Hearts,
    Well, that’s a bit different, isn't it? Considering Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are main cast in this series already.

EeL
    Registered
    Apr 2007

Aladdin - Jafar can return as a sorcerer and use his magic to become the snake. Give him an original storyline (with Maleficent) and wrap up Agrabah for the foreseeable future in KH games.

The Little Mermaid - Atlantica is attacked by Xehanort and Triton is taken hostage by Ursula (resurrected by Xehanort). When Ariel hears about this from Sebastian/Flounder, she decides she has to go back to the ocean to save her dad. Sora/Donald/Goofy join her to save Triton, as Xehanort learns of something powerful in the heart of the ocean (which explains why Triton knew about the keyblade - possibly that keyblade wielders visited Atlantica before for this power).

Never Land - Xehanort wants to study how Peter Pan stays forever young, so that he may use that to be immortal (without going through the whole body swap/time travel thing). Kairi has a guest appearance in this world as a party member, so that we can get Sora/Kairi flying together (reference to KH1).

Registered
    May 2017
    Dragon Quest IX, Chrono Trigger, Stardew Valley

Aladdin ! So they can do the King Of Thieves storyline. They can set it in the Vanishing Isles !

Registered
    Aug 2017
    None

I would really like to see again the world of pirates of the caribbean. With the character of Davy Jones.

The heart really has an important role in the series and the story of Davy Jones really sticks with the universe of Kingdom Hearts.

I want to see again Jack Sparrow alongside with Sora, donald and dingo.

Unversed
    Registered
    Jan 2015
    None

Agrabah. Sorry, but as much as I love Jafar, I think it's safe to say, he's outwelcomed himself. And since KH2's Agrabah took the Return of Jafar story, I'm pretty sure he's not coming back....unless Nomura does an Ursula and brings him back out of diddlying nowhere. Sorry, but I honestly think Jafar should stay gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast