Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
    Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Default How Xion can work as a Seeker of Darkness...

I was watching a video by AzureAce about the potential Seekers of Darkness, and one particular theory caught my eye. It's regarding Xion fitting in as a Seeker of Darkness and it makes so much sense.

In 358/2 Days, we see Xemnas taking Xion away from Axel once he captures her. What if Xemnas took her and made a carbon copy out of that variant of Xion, and stored it as backup? Xemnas is aware that Xion will return back to Sora as she's the personification of Sora's memories of Kairi, and Roxas clearly not was not an ideal contender for the original Organization XIII to begin with. So how could Xemnas make good use of the Roxas and Xion should they both fail? have a backup in his system.

Essentially, Xion will return but not really. Basically, the Xion that will be a part of the Seekers of Darkness would be a Xion not formed by Sora's memories, but a Replica formed like Replica Riku. This variation of Xion doesn't have the deficiencies that the original Xion had, she's not formed out of Sora's memories so she's not going to be a liability. Plus, it'd be a way to bring Xion to back to the narrative, and have her exist as her own person.

What's everybody's thoughts on this idea?

Registered
    Jul 2017
    KH:3D (2.8); Union Cross

Default Re: How Xion can work as a Seeker of Darkness...

Whatever they end up doing with her in the plot, we know that eventually she'll have to have her heart removed from within Sora's. Something that's sometimes overlooked is that Xion (as well as Namine and Roxas) would actually need their own bodies.

I've seen theories/ideas that the revived Even will create replicas and they can use that as a "base" for Roxas, Namine, and Xion's new bodies when their hearts are removed. This would be a neat alternative as well, and would be better than just bringing all three back at (presumably) the same time. Although, I could see Xemnas just using the Riku Replica or using Xion from right before she was introduced to the Org.XIII (as she was a blank slate) instead of Xion from the end of the game.

Honestly, anything's on the table until we get information that points us a certain way. I certainly wouldn't be expecting Xion as of now, and it would be interesting to have Xion as an antagonist (outside of a few fights in Days).

Registered
    Sep 2015

Quote Originally Posted by raccoonscity View Post
    Whatever they end up doing with her in the plot, we know that eventually she'll have to have her heart removed from within Sora's. Something that's sometimes overlooked is that Xion (as well as Namine and Roxas) would actually need their own bodies.
    Funny, I never considered that fact when coming up with this theory. If Xemnas did create another Xion, it wouldn't even have a heart to begin with, because Xion grew her heart through the experiences that she had with Roxas and Axel. All the more reason to have a variant of Xion as a Seeker of Darkness, she's an empty husk of a being that lacks a heart. Xehanort's heart can complete the essence of the husk.

Quote Originally Posted by raccoonscity View Post
    I've seen theories/ideas that the revived Even will create replicas and they can use that as a "base" for Roxas, Namine, and Xion's new bodies when their hearts are removed. This would be a neat alternative as well, and would be better than just bringing all three back at (presumably) the same time. Although, I could see Xemnas just using the Riku Replica or using Xion from right before she was introduced to the Org.XIII (as she was a blank slate) instead of Xion from the end of the game.
    That's a possibility. The Replica programme is a very controversial means of creation to begin with, as both being that were created under the project had to inevitably be banished from existence. Vexen's intentions for both Replica Riku and Xion were designed for malicious purposes. It'll be interesting to see what Evens intention was with this replica programme, and whether Replica Riku (assuming he's revived as a Seeker of Darkness) would want to enact revenge on Even, Lea and Larxene's somebody for having his memories manipulated for their will.

Registered
    May 2005
    Playing
    Skyrim, Dungeon Siege III, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Pokemon Black, Final Fantasy IX and X.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Baymax View Post
    I was watching a video by AzureAce about the potential Seekers of Darkness, and one particular theory caught my eye. It's regarding Xion fitting in as a Seeker of Darkness and it makes so much sense.

In 358/2 Days, we see Xemnas taking Xion away from Axel once he captures her. What if Xemnas took her and made a carbon copy out of that variant of Xion, and stored it as backup? Xemnas is aware that Xion will return back to Sora as she's the personification of Sora's memories of Kairi, and Roxas clearly not was not an ideal contender for the original Organization XIII to begin with. So how could Xemnas make good use of the Roxas and Xion should they both fail? have a backup in his system.

Essentially, Xion will return but not really. Basically, the Xion that will be a part of the Seekers of Darkness would be a Xion not formed by Sora's memories, but a Replica formed like Replica Riku. This variation of Xion doesn't have the deficiencies that the original Xion had, she's not formed out of Sora's memories so she's not going to be a liability. Plus, it'd be a way to bring Xion to back to the narrative, and have her exist as her own person.

What's everybody's thoughts on this idea?
    I think that may be one of the darknesses. What you're describing is putting a heart in a blank slate. That sounds suspiciously like a theory I had a few years ago. Repliku hasn't shown his face since CoM and Square knows that fans want a return. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a darkness.

Registered
    Jul 2016
    KHuX NA/JP, Persona 5, FFXIV:ARR

Sorry, I just...Can't remember, I feel like I should but...

Registered
    Sep 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Genocide View Post
    I think that may be one of the darknesses. What you're describing is putting a heart in a blank slate. That sounds suspiciously like a theory I had a few years ago. Repliku hasn't shown his face since CoM and Square knows that fans want a return. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a darkness.
    What was your theory that you had a few years ago? care to elaborate with it again?

Registered
    Jan 2016
    Kh Unchained x, Mobius Final Fantasy

Xion has already played the antagonist fiddle.. sort of. The narrative highly implies that Xion will return in a much more heavier fashion than a simple "remembrance cutscene" that so many seem to have. If anything, she will probably be a guardian, or perhaps some good back up.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    PoKéMoN SUPER Mystery Dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCheetos15 View Post
    Xion has already played the antagonist fiddle.. sort of. The narrative highly implies that Xion will return in a much more heavier fashion than a simple "remembrance cutscene" that so many seem to have. If anything, she will probably be a guardian, or perhaps some good back up.
    I don't think she was ever an antagonist. She was a protagonist with a tragic ending. Her inner turmoils made her do rash decisions. But yeah, I like the theory of "her" returning as a Seeker. Maybe Xemnas made a replica, and it would make sense, seeing as how she needs a body. Unless they pull another CoM and make her a walking heart projecting an image.

EeL
    Registered
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    I don't think she was ever an antagonist. She was a protagonist with a tragic ending. Her inner turmoils made her do rash decisions. But yeah, I like the theory of "her" returning as a Seeker. Maybe Xemnas made a replica, and it would make sense, seeing as how she needs a body. Unless they pull another CoM and make her a walking heart projecting an image.
    Wasn't Sora a walking heart projecting an image all the way until the start of KH2 when Roxas/Sora combined?

I like the idea of Even creating replicas for the hearts to go in, but... that kinda seems creepy? The fact that actual people can be born out of a nobody and continue to exist is weird. As much as I adore Roxas and Xion, I liked that the only ones that this strange occurrence happened to accepted their fate to go back to Sora (Namine too with Kairi). It also managed to sweep away this strange plot point without causing too much damage. Literally creating somewhat altered replicas of Sora for Roxas and Xion (and one for Namine from Kairi), opens up a can of worms that I don't think the series need any more of - that being more clones. I don't mind Xion being resurrected as a seeker of darkness through the use of Sora's memories and a blank replica (some faceless body), just so that the replica would have access to his keyblade and weaken Sora, but she would have to either be killed (by Sora) or reunite with him properly after that, there's no way I would want her to continue to exist.

Registered
    Jan 2014

Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    Wasn't Sora a walking heart projecting an image all the way until the start of KH2 when Roxas/Sora combined?

I like the idea of Even creating replicas for the hearts to go in, but... that kinda seems creepy? The fact that actual people can be born out of a nobody and continue to exist is weird. As much as I adore Roxas and Xion, I liked that the only ones that this strange occurrence happened to accepted their fate to go back to Sora (Namine too with Kairi). It also managed to sweep away this strange plot point without causing too much damage. Literally creating somewhat altered replicas of Sora for Roxas and Xion (and one for Namine from Kairi), opens up a can of worms that I don't think the series need any more of - that being more clones. I don't mind Xion being resurrected as a seeker of darkness through the use of Sora's memories and a blank replica (some faceless body), just so that the replica would have access to his keyblade and weaken Sora, but she would have to either be killed (by Sora) or reunite with him properly after that, there's no way I would want her to continue to exist.
    This particular subject could just be touched upon in KH3 and not be further explored down the line. Otherwise, how will Roxas and Xion return? Will they be walking hearts projecting a body like Sora? Or will they somehow get a body? It's part of the many questions that KH3 should answer.

Registered
    Sep 2015

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCheetos15 View Post
    Really? because in 358/2 Days, Xemnas says to both Xigbar and Saix (Seekers of Darkness) that "But in the end, it only proves the puppet is the more worthy vessel." in regards to Xion. That may be the subtle indicator that she was far more of a successful replica than we were initially led to believe. You have to remember, Axel may have eliminated Vexen to prevent the replica program from being in the wrong hands, but who's to say that the replica program was a solo venture by Vexen to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    This particular subject could just be touched upon in KH3 and not be further explored down the line. Otherwise, how will Roxas and Xion return? Will they be walking hearts projecting a body like Sora? Or will they somehow get a body? It's part of the many questions that KH3 should answer.
    I had a theory about The Blue Fairy from Pinocchio giving Xion and Roxas their own bodies. The Blue Fairy gave Pinocchio the chance to be a real boy because he proved himself. In Kingdom Hearts III, I can see a plot line in which Sora's determination for the greater good of Roxas and Xion individuality results in The Blue Fairy giving them both a body. Xion is a puppet after all, so they may as well go all out with the Pinocchio metaphorics.

Registered
    Jan 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Baymax View Post
    Really? because in 358/2 Days, Xemnas says to both Xigbar and Saix (Seekers of Darkness) that "But in the end, it only proves the puppet is the more worthy vessel." in regards to Xion. That may be the subtle indicator that she was far more of a successful replica than we were initially led to believe. You have to remember, Axel may have eliminated Vexen to prevent the replica program from being in the wrong hands, but who's to say that the replica program was a solo venture by Vexen to begin with?

I had a theory about The Blue Fairy from Pinocchio giving Xion and Roxas their own bodies. The Blue Fairy gave Pinocchio the chance to be a real boy because he proved himself. In Kingdom Hearts III, I can see a plot line in which Sora's determination for the greater good of Roxas and Xion individuality results in The Blue Fairy giving them both a body. Xion is a puppet after all, so they may as well go all out with the Pinocchio metaphorics.
    Yeah. Disney magic can certainly work as an explanation, haha.