Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
    Nobody
    Registered
    Dec 2016
    None

Default TOY STORY AND 2018 - I was in tears.

Finally, after 11 years of waiting (WHICH I DID WAIT FOR 11 YEARS), we have a window! It'll be 12 years by the time it comes out. haha. Whew! Such a long time. Hell, Japanese fans will have waited 13....wait.....THIRTEEN. YOU CLEVER MR. NOMURA!

Kingdom Hearts 2, I remember my friend and I used to search the game even after beating it to try and find a Toy Story world cuz we were young and didn't understand at the time that there was no more. After all this time, it's finally here! And it looks beautiful! <3

MY FINAL HOPEFUL WORLD PREDICTIONS (considering Nomura confirmed more worlds than KH2 years ago, KH2 has 12 Disney Worlds, so I'll say 15-16 Disney)

Toy Story
    Big Hero 6
    Tangled
    Hercules

Wreck It Ralph
    Princess and The Frog
    Pocohontas
    Frozen

Monster's Inc
    The Emperor's New Groove
    Treasure Planet
    Atlantis The Lost Empire

A Bugs Life (Wayne Szalinski cameo for shrinking shenanigans? yes please.)
    The Incredibles
    Port Royal Return
    Lilo and Stitch

I doubt they'd do Marvel or Star Wars, but again, only do Marvel characters. Like, if done, have Tony Stark as like a blacksmith in Radiant Garden or something.

And just use the Death Star intercepting the gummi ship for Star Wars. "THATS NO WORLD. THATS A SPACE STATION!"

and then I just think it'd be neat if they finally set sail at the end off of destiny islands on their raft right before the credits roll, and then an after credits scene is them running into Moana on the seas leading into Moana being the first world of KH4 where you'd have to help her and Maui before the main story of KH4 begins. Save Zootopia for KH4 as a world, as much as I'd want that in KH3.

Nobody
    Registered
    Jul 2017
    None

Default Re: TOY STORY AND 2018 - I was in tears.

Disney doesn't really own Star Wars, just their holder so it's not ther IP, so i doubt its happening.

Toy Story on the other hand is owned 100% by Disney, so it was guaranteed.

Pixar isn't the owner of TS since 2006, KH2 was 2005 this is why we didn't got TS.

Registered
    Jun 2017
    wit mah dek

Quote Originally Posted by Pou92 View Post
    Disney doesn't really own Star Wars, just their holder so it's not ther IP, so i doubt its happening.

Toy Story on the other hand is owned 100% by Disney, so it was guaranteed.

Pixar isn't the owner of TS since 2006, KH2 was 2005 this is why we didn't got TS.
    That whole post...

Disney owns lucasfilms, which owns starwars, so by extension disney owns starwars.

Disney owns and has always owned toy story. The more likely reason we haven't seen toy story til now is due to there being bad blood between disney and pixar in the early years

Registered
    Sep 2004

There is, however, a chance that EA has the rights to all Star Wars games. Don't know much about the contract, obviously, but its possible that SE aren't legally allowed to produce a game with Star Wars characters as that would violate Disney and EA's agreement.

I believe Marvel is still a possibility, especially since SE is supposed to make an Avengers game at some point.

Registered
    Jun 2017
    wit mah dek

Quote Originally Posted by KH2Rulz View Post
    There is, however, a chance that EA has the rights to all Star Wars games. Don't know much about the contract, obviously, but its possible that SE aren't legally allowed to produce a game with Star Wars characters as that would violate Disney and EA's agreement.

I believe Marvel is still a possibility, especially since SE is supposed to make an Avengers game at some point.
    Looked it up. supposedly EA makes the big triple A star wars games, whereas disney makes the mobile and "social" games.
    Something like star wars in kingdom hearts seems to fall out of EAs jurisdiction do to the game itself not being a star wars game (i think).

Nobody
    Registered
    Jul 2017
    None

Quote Originally Posted by f'tang View Post
    That whole post...

Disney owns lucasfilms, which owns starwars, so by extension disney owns starwars.

Disney owns and has always owned toy story. The more likely reason we haven't seen toy story til now is due to there being bad blood between disney and pixar in the early years
    Disney just owned a half of pixar IPs by 2000-2005, in 2006 they bought pixar IPs 100%.

The reason we haven't seen pixar in KH2+ is Disney and/or Square saving it for KH3.

SW isn't really a disney IP, and i dont want it in the game is out of place.

Big Hero 6 (the movie) does have the disney copyright only, however im unsure who owns the film, disney or marvel?

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Quote Originally Posted by f'tang View Post
    Looked it up. supposedly EA makes the big triple A star wars games, whereas disney makes the mobile and "social" games.
    Something like star wars in kingdom hearts seems to fall out of EAs jurisdiction do to the game itself not being a star wars game (i think).
    The contract agreement means that EA and it's subsidiaries are the only company allowed to represent Star Wars in a video game format. This means that companies like Ubisoft, Bethesda, and yes, even Square Enix cannot represent Star Wars in video games because that would be violating the agreed contract. Lego Star Wars is an exception to the rule because the franchise was created before Disney purchased Lucasfilm.

The reason we haven't seen pixar in KH2+ is Disney and/or Square saving it for KH3.

SW isn't really a disney IP, and i dont want it in the game is out of place.

Big Hero 6 (the movie) does have the disney copyright only, however im unsure who owns the film, disney or marvel?
    The reason why we didn't see Pixar in Kingdom Hearts II is because of merchandise and interactive media disputes regarding Pixar. Michael Eisner and Steve Jobs didn't get along, and the renegotiation for Pixar was almost over, so Micheal Eisner held Pixar hostage by maintaining the rights to Pixar merchandise and sequels to existing Pixar movies.

Star Wars is just as Disney as Marry Poppins and The Rocketter now. Lucasfilm is a subsidiary to Walt Disney Studios, the motion picture division that oversees Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, DisneyToon Studios, Pixar, Marvel, and you guessed it, Lucasfilm.

Big Hero 6 the animated feature film is entirely owned by Walt Disney Animation Studios. That''s because the animated film was only "inspired" by the Marvel comic series of the same name. Disney fairy tale movies are inspired by books and tales, but that doesn't mean that said authors own the Disney iteration of the characters.

Nobody
    Registered
    Jul 2017
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Baymax View Post
    The contract agreement means that EA and it's subsidiaries are the only company allowed to represent Star Wars in a video game format. This means that companies like Ubisoft, Bethesda, and yes, even Square Enix cannot represent Star Wars in video games because that would be violating the agreed contract. Lego Star Wars is an exception to the rule because the franchise was created before Disney purchased Lucasfilm.

The reason why we didn't see Pixar in Kingdom Hearts II is because of merchandise and interactive media disputes regarding Pixar. Michael Eisner and Steve Jobs didn't get along, and the renegotiation for Pixar was almost over, so Micheal Eisner held Pixar hostage by maintaining the rights to Pixar merchandise and sequels to existing Pixar movies.

Star Wars is just as Disney as Marry Poppins and The Rocketter now. Lucasfilm is a subsidiary to Walt Disney Studios, the motion picture division that oversees Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, DisneyToon Studios, Pixar, Marvel, and you guessed it, Lucasfilm.

Big Hero 6 the animated feature film is entirely owned by Walt Disney Animation Studios. That''s because the animated film was only "inspired" by the Marvel comic series of the same name. Disney fairy tale movies are inspired by books and tales, but that doesn't mean that said authors own the Disney iteration of the characters.

Disney didn't bough Pixar til 2006, so im sure they didnt had the rights of Toy Story in 2001-2005

Registered
    Sep 2015

Disney didn't bough Pixar til 2006, so im sure they didnt had the rights of Toy Story in 2001-2005
    The contract stated that Disney had the rights "to any sequels" and "all merchandise". Basically, after the release of Toy Story 2 (which was part of Pixar's three picture deal), Disney renegotiated the contract. The original feature films, they were all owned by Pixar. But before Pixar was bought, if they wanted to create a sequel to their movies, they wouldn't have had ownership of said that under their contract at the time.

Nobody
    Registered
    Jul 2017
    None

The contract stated that Disney had the rights "to any sequels" and "all merchandise". Basically, after the release of Toy Story 2 (which was part of Pixar's three picture deal), Disney renegotiated the contract. The original feature films, they were all owned by Pixar. But before Pixar was bought, if they wanted to create a sequel to their movies, they wouldn't have had ownership of said that under their contract at the time.
    But Disney owns TS right?

KHI Site Staff Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

I didn't explain myself well yesterday because I was on my phone but you are definitely right about most of this, except your staunch belief that nothing can happen or the contract is broken.

The EA contract isn't as rigid and unbendable as you are trying to imply it is. It is already pretty rare that a company would pitch Disney a game for Star Wars when they know about EA having exclusive rights to developing and publishing Star Wars games outside of the off-hand mobile game, LEGO, or older titles getting rereleased. There are likely exceptions made for references and Easter eggs as well.

In the event that a developer came to Disney and Lucasfilm to use the Star Wars IP in their game, and both Disney and Lucasfilm felt they really wanted to see this happen, they would open up negotiations with EA about allowing that developer to use the property.

If Square Enix REALLY wanted to use Star Wars and both Disney and Lucasfilm thought it was a fine idea, I'm pretty certain EA would allow talks of the possibility. If it actually happened, EA would likely be getting some of the royalties for KH3 so it isn't like they'd be losing out.

I'm not saying it would happen, but I'm saying contracts get renegotiated all of the time and collaboration is always important. Maintaining a positive relationship with important partners in the industry is also something all sides will care about, so of course they'd likely try to discuss exceptions before automatically pointing to a contract and saying "no".

While it is not the same playing field, look at what happened between Sony and Marvel with Spider-Man.

But Disney owns TS right?
    Yes, now they do. Pixar operates as its own entity, but both Disney and Pixar have the same CCO and president and a lot of top level staff.

Booyakasha.

Nobody
    Registered
    Jul 2017
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Spockanort View Post
    I didn't explain myself well yesterday because I was on my phone but you are definitely right about most of this, except your staunch belief that nothing can happen or the contract is broken.

The EA contract isn't as rigid and unbendable as you are trying to imply it is. It is already pretty rare that a company would pitch Disney a game for Star Wars when they know about EA having exclusive rights to developing and publishing Star Wars games outside of the off-hand mobile game, LEGO, or older titles getting rereleased. There are likely exceptions made for references and Easter eggs as well.

In the event that a developer came to Disney and Lucasfilm to use the Star Wars IP in their game, and both Disney and Lucasfilm felt they really wanted to see this happen, they would open up negotiations with EA about allowing that developer to use the property.

If Square Enix REALLY wanted to use Star Wars and both Disney and Lucasfilm thought it was a fine idea, I'm pretty certain EA would allow talks of the possibility. If it actually happened, EA would likely be getting some of the royalties for KH3 so it isn't like they'd be losing out.

I'm not saying it would happen, but I'm saying contracts get renegotiated all of the time and collaboration is always important. Maintaining a positive relationship with important partners in the industry is also something all sides will care about, so of course they'd likely try to discuss exceptions before automatically pointing to a contract and saying "no".

While it is not the same playing field, look at what happened between Sony and Marvel with Spider-Man.

Yes, now they do. Pixar operates as its own entity, but both Disney and Pixar have the same CCO and president and a lot of top level staff.

Booyakasha.
    If pixar leavees Disney what will happen with Toy Story?
    if Marvel leaves Disney what will happen with BH6, Disney will still own it?

Registered
    Sep 2015

If pixar leavees Disney what will happen with Toy Story?
    if Marvel leaves Disney what will happen with BH6, Disney will still own it?
    Pixar and Marvel can't leave Disney because all the shares of both companies are wholly owned by Disney. But for the sake of argument, let's say both those instances happen, Pixar would be in a Lucasfilm situation in which the studio owns the intellectual property, but the distribution rights for Pixar releases would be held by Disney (like how 20th Century Fox has the distribution rights to the original Star Wars trilogy), and those distribution rights would have to expire if Pixar wants to distribute them through their current distributor.

If Marvel Entertainment was to leave Disney however, Big Hero 6 the animated movie would still be owned by Disney. Again, Disney's Big Hero 6 and Marvel's Big Hero 6 are entirely unrelated. The animated movie was only inspired by the Marvel comics, Big Hero 6 the animated movie is not part of the Marvel cinematic universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Spockanort View Post

Booyakasha.
    Whilst that may be a possibility, EA is definitely no Sony. I really don't think that they'd play nice in order to benefit their competitor's product. Sure, Square and Electronic Arts had a partnership in the past with Square EA and EA Square respectively, but EA Square was a failed venture for Electronic Arts, and all the shares of Square EA were acquired by Square Enix from EA during the merger of Enix and Square. I've yet to see any sort of partnership with these two ever since Square got dissolved into Enix.

Sure, anything's possible, and as you've stated, contracts get re-negotiated, but I just don't see it happening.