Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Kid Icarus Uprising, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Default Re: Proof of Atlantis, Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen in Kingdom Hearts III

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    Actually, what is suspicious is their launch of recent social media posts. If things are silent then you know when they tweet it's serious, but for them to begin tweeting out random things a month before E3 is more suspicious than any silence.
    I was thinking about Square Enix Japan, outside of Union X updates, there's been no Nomura interviews or any new announcements of Kingdom Hearts period ever since the release of 1.5+2.5. The Kingdom Hearts social media page is doing what ever other video game social media page does, uses posts to get followers engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by ShardofTruth View Post
    I don't think there is any chance this proof is valid because of some simple reasons:

1. How many Heartless do appear in multiple games at all? The answer is the iconic ones of course, the overlap is really small if you look back at the previous games. So it's highly unlikely that the complete or even the majority of the Heartless roster of a new world in KHIII is revealed in KHUX.
    Even the Fluttering was introduced in KH0.2 first before it made its way to KHUX.

2. The logic that sorts the Heartless per world is kinda backwards since these event Heartless were all designed with a specific theme in mind. It's simply a coincidence when some of these themes also fit these potential worlds (winter = Frozen).
    I'm not saying that all of the Heartless of the new Disney property has already been shown in Union X, just certain ones. All the games featuring Heartless as the predominant enemy type is Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II, 358/2 Days and 0.2 Birth by Sleep, and we've had Heartless featured in this game from the non-numbered titles. At the end of day, Emblem Heartless aren't really supposed to exist in The Age of Fairy Tales, so from a lore perspective, these new Heartless would have to have their origins revealed either in Kingdom Hearts III or a future Kingdom Hearts game.

And as I mentioned earlier, a lot of these Heartless are multi-themed. And the fact that thematic coincidences can be made is a bit suspicious if it can be made for more than two Disney properties. Sure, you can call it a fluke if confectionery themed reskins of Heartless can coincidentally fit in with Wreck-It Ralph, and you can also call it a coincidence if winter themed Heartless fit in with Frozen, but it gets to the point where it's downright subliminal if you get submarine Heartless and Japanese themed Heartless in the game after a Big Hero 6 world was announced.

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    Actually, what is suspicious is their launch of recent social media posts. If things are silent then you know when they tweet it's serious, but for them to begin tweeting out random things a month before E3 is more suspicious than any silence.
    that i was thinking i mean they just posted something i'm more worrid about ff7remake though i have feeling it wont be at e3 but at psx in december since it close to the official date of the ff30th anniversary date

Registered
    Feb 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Baymax View Post
    I was thinking about Square Enix Japan, outside of Union X updates, there's been no Nomura interviews or any new announcements of Kingdom Hearts period ever since the release of 1.5+2.5. The Kingdom Hearts social media page is doing what ever other video game social media page does, uses posts to get followers engaged.
    Sure, SEJ is quiet but the last time KH3 was at E3 the English social media made random posts to make sure the series was still in people's minds.

Registered
    Jun 2015
    None

The image link is broken. You don't mind showing another version of the image?
    Yeah, sure:

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

I think they all definitely look like they'd go with those worlds, and I hope you're right. I like all three movies more or less.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Kid Icarus Uprising, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalRaine View Post
    Yeah, sure:
    Wow, talk about an awkward oversight on my part. But truth be told, I was creating these images with the impression that The Princess of Heart worlds would not return.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    I think they all definitely look like they'd go with those worlds, and I hope you're right. I like all three movies more or less.
    Well, even if some of those Heartless don't end up appearing, these worlds are more than guaranteed. Nomura did state that there's more new Disney properties than returning ones, and there's only so many Walt Disney Animation Studios movies left that are eligible to fit into Kingdom Hearts.

Registered
    Oct 2007

I'm not saying that all of the Heartless of the new Disney property has already been shown in Union X, just certain ones.
    How many unique Heartless per world did KH and KHII have, how many unique enemies did BBS and DDD have per world? My guess is like 3-5 (excluding bosses) while you already presented a lot more than that and propose even more for KHIII. I'm not so sure about that.

At the end of day, Emblem Heartless aren't really supposed to exist in The Age of Fairy Tales, so from a lore perspective, these new Heartless would have to have their origins revealed either in Kingdom Hearts III or a future Kingdom Hearts game.
    I give you that but even in case of 0.2 this didn't happen yet, it was the other way around, as with the other titles.

Sure, you can call it a fluke if confectionery themed reskins of Heartless can coincidentally fit in with Wreck-It Ralph, and you can also call it a coincidence if winter themed Heartless fit in with Frozen, but it gets to the point where it's downright subliminal if you get submarine Heartless and Japanese themed Heartless in the game after a Big Hero 6 world was announced.
    You got the timeline completely wrong, the Carp Submarine was introduced over a year before the Big Hero 6 world was announced, same with the first "Japanese themed" Heartless.

Registered
    Sep 2015

How many unique Heartless per world did KH and KHII have, how many unique enemies did BBS and DDD have per world? My guess is like 3-5 (excluding bosses) while you already presented a lot more than that and propose even more for KHIII. I'm not so sure about that.
    Kingdom Hearts III is two console generations ahead of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II. Pretty sure that the enemy variety can increase because of the technical advancements.

I give you that but even in case of 0.2 this didn't happen yet, it was the other way around, as with the other titles. And you got the timeline completely wrong, the Carp Submarine was introduced over a year before the Big Hero 6 world was announced, same with the first "Japanese themed" Heartless.
    Kingdom Hearts III was officially announced to be in development since 2013. Coincidentally, Kingdom Hearts X was announced for 2013. Clearly, Square Enix have more assets ready than they’ve initially revealed, it’s only due to development embargo that they can’t show more. And when it comes to Big Hero 6, the movie was unveiled at Tokyo International Film Festival of November 7 2014, yet the announcement of the world was just a year later. It would be foolish for them to announce a world like Big Hero 6 if it wasn’t already programmed into the game. The point that I’m trying to make is that, the current promotional material that they’ve marketed is no longer an accurate indicator as to what is or isn’t in Kingdom Hearts III.

Registered
    Jan 2013
    DOOM

I don't think Heartless variety has ever been a matter of technology. It's definitely more of a design choice. 2-5 new mobs per world keeps things simple and easy-to-learn for players, while making sure that enemies are actually fun to fight and compliment each other in a kerfuffle.

Deep Jungle only has Powerwilds, but they have a lot of moves, and they can dodge you in neat organic ways, and it certainly was enough. Wonderland didn't even have new Heartless, but it started combining old mobs in larger packs.

Oi, you KHi kids will never learn!!! Less is more, you schlamiels!

Nobody
    Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

Quote Originally Posted by ultima-demi View Post
    Holy crap i just noticed this but the eyes of these heartless look almost identical to the symbol of Atlantis from the film too.

As much as the design/feel of this heartless just screams "Atlantis" --- and as much as I really, really would like to see an Atlantis world in Kingdom Hearts --- there are a number of places where that Atlantis symbol look-alike shows up in KHUX (particularly on raid bosses). And those heartless certainly don't seem to be Atlantis-type, so I don't know. If on the one hand someone said, "Nomura designed this heartless with Atlantis in mind", I'd be like "yeah, that makes sense." On the other hand, there's enough other evidence to suggest that some of the "clues" that connect this heartless to Atlantis, may not actually be clues. So idk.

Registered
    Oct 2007

It would be foolish for them to announce a world like Big Hero 6 if it wasn’t already programmed into the game. The point that I’m trying to make is that, the current promotional material that they’ve marketed is no longer an accurate indicator as to what is or isn’t in Kingdom Hearts III.
    Yet that's exactly what happened, since we didn't see any gameplay of the already "programmed" world but just a promotional artwork instead.

You're making it sound like the KHUX and KHIII team are heavily connected and influenced by each other. I'm not saying they aren't in any way but definitely not on the scale you're proposing.

I suppose the inspiration for this thread came from this "Hey, wait a minute" moment, when I seen these Heartless... Monkey's don't live in a forest.

I know that they're a variation of Powerwild, but the designs of these Heartless clash with the aesthetic of Enchanted Dominion. The foliage of Enchanted Dominion is like tapestry, extremely stylised and comprised of shapes. These monkey's have natural leaves, leaves that look like they come from a Jungle. These Powerwild variant would be right at home in a Jungle Book world, but they seem really out of place here.
    The Heartless clash with the style of the Enchanted Dominion because they absolutely can't clash with the style of all other Heartless, that's the whole point.
    How did KH and KHII solve this problem? With special skins for Halloween Town, Timeless River and Space Paranoids for example. That's probably way too much work for KHUX.
    Last edited by ShardofTruth; May 21, 2017 at 08:07 AM.

Registered
    Sep 2015

Yet that's exactly what happened, since we didn't see any gameplay of the already "programmed" world but just a promotional artwork instead.

You're making it sound like the KHUX and KHIII team are heavily connected and influenced by each other. I'm not saying they aren't in any way but definitely not on the scale you're proposing.
    Of course, Union X is outsourced to BitGroove Inc. whilst Kingdom Hearts III is being developed in-house. I understand that both games are entirely different in design and scale, however, the over-arching link between the two games is Nomura. He’s the lead character designer for both departments, so on that front, there’s definitely an intentional connection on what Heartless are introduced for Union X and when.

The Heartless clash with the style of the Enchanted Dominion because they absolutely can't clash with the style of all other Heartless, that's the whole point. How did KH and KHII solve this problem? With special skins for Halloween Town, Timeless River and Space Paranoids for example. That's probably way too much work for KHUX.
    Except there’s Witch and Wizard Heartless in the world and they’re far more fitting of the Enchanted Dominion aesthetic. Forest animals are foxes, badgers, squirrels, owls, deer etc. Heartless of those variants would be more appropriate than an alternate Powerwild for Enchanted Dominion, but it was an intentional choice to add an out of place Heartless like that into the story mission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234