Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

View Poll Results: DuckTales WOO HOO! David Tennant in KH3?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

37 41.57%
  • Maybe

18 20.22%
  • Disney isn't going to pay for David Tennant in KH3

21 23.60%
  • Who is he?

13 14.61%
Page 225 of 226 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226 LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 3377
    "Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed." FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    with your minds

Default Re: The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VoidGear. View Post
    Who confused me a bit was Haley Joel Osment late in as Vanitas, after the battle against him with Aqua and Ventus. He sounds...super odd and different? Which threw me off-guard, because in the other scenes, he soundedamazing
    That bothered and confused me so much. Could he just not pull it off for some reason? Or maybe the later scenes were actually done first and they just went right along with the recordings without letting him get back in the groove.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

I feel that everybody is providing a solid voice acting performance, though I haven't reached The Caribbean so I can't really judge Elizabeth's voice acting yet.

I've gotten used to Alyson Stoner as Kairi. It feels faithful enough to where I am not questioning the performance.

Aws
    Nobody
    Registered
    Nov 2013
    Post KH3 Depression

Can we talk about how good the voice acting is in KH3 in comparison to 0.2? In 0.2 everyone sounded off. Sora and Kairi especially; Sora sounded like his DDD cringy self and Kairi just sounded weird, like it was a different character. In KH3 everyone sounds so good! I was very worried about Allyson Stoner voicing Kairi because of her performance in 0.2, but in KH3 I love it and have gotten over Hayden (RIP) quite easily. HJO sounds much more like KH2 Sora, which is perfect, than DDD/0.2 Sora. I would be really interested in seeing what changed in terms of voice direction/staff to allow these voice actors to do a good job instead of being forced to sound "Younger" than they are cause quite clearly the voice direction changed between KH3 and 0.2.

Registered
    Feb 2019
    Platinuming KH3

I think that almost every performance was either amazing, or decent. Apart from one, glaring actor....

Xehanort. I get that it's a new voice actor. I'm glad they decided to take a different route. I would have honestly been fine with them either getting a sound-a-like or what they chose to do, by getting someone new to do their own take.

But for the love of all that is holy, why did they choose Rutger Hauer? The way he pronounces certain words, and especially his "the"s just sounds... well, it sounds like someone with a really heavy accent. It really through me off, to the point where in certain scenes I just couldn't take what he was saying seriously, because I was so thrown off by the accent. Especially near the end of the game.

An example of good voice actor change up would be Igor's voice actor in Persona 5. They took the voice direction to a whole new level, and it made the change less noticeable and gave it it's own qualities. this change? hooooo boy. I can totally get if other people still like it, but I found the change so jarring, and the performance so off-putting that I honestly almost muted his scenes. XD

But like I said before, honestly, the rest of the cast was stellar. Truly great. Maybe an iffy line or performance here or there, but overall... really good.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

Quote Originally Posted by SerDuncan View Post
    I think that almost every performance was either amazing, or decent. Apart from one, glaring actor....

Xehanort. I get that it's a new voice actor. I'm glad they decided to take a different route. I would have honestly been fine with them either getting a sound-a-like or what they chose to do, by getting someone new to do their own take.

But for the love of all that is holy, why did they choose Rutger Hauer? The way he pronounces certain words, and especially his "the"s just sounds... well, it sounds like someone with a really heavy accent. It really through me off, to the point where in certain scenes I just couldn't take what he was saying seriously, because I was so thrown off by the accent. Especially near the end of the game.

An example of good voice actor change up would be Igor's voice actor in Persona 5. They took the voice direction to a whole new level, and it made the change less noticeable and gave it it's own qualities. this change? hooooo boy. I can totally get if other people still like it, but I found the change so jarring, and the performance so off-putting that I honestly almost muted his scenes. XD

But like I said before, honestly, the rest of the cast was stellar. Truly great. Maybe an iffy line or performance here or there, but overall... really good.
    I'm still baffled as to why Scott Glen was not chosen? He has the gruffiness that Leonard Nimoy had. Personally though, the take that Rutger Hauer is providing for the character surprisingly works.

unwavering duck pilot Launchpad's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    hopscotch with your dad

HJO has never, ever, ever, ever done as good a job as here in KH3. Sora's voice has been solidified very strongly and the character has really been found.

Nobody
    Registered
    Jul 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Launchpad View Post
    HJO has never, ever, ever, ever done as good a job as here in KH3. Sora's voice has been solidified very strongly and the character has really been found.
    I'm very happy that even at 30 years old, he's still able to pull that voice off.

"Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed." FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    with your minds

Quote Originally Posted by Launchpad View Post
    The voice direction in general has improved a lot in places and Sora's voice felt very natural. I'm so happy they didn't force him to sound like a 12-year old.

Registered
    Nov 2018
    None

Jesus Christ, Jesse Mccartney totally slayed me with his performance!! Most of his lines are stuck in my head.

I'm grateful that most voice actors came back for the roles.

I've been worried about him since his bad performance in KH3D, but seems like he can still do a great job. Couldn't be happier because this was the long awaited KH3 and the main character sounding bad would be a sad thing.

Registered
    Oct 2008

Wow, a lot of people enjoyed the voice acting. Well, I'm happy for you guys. I just wish I felt the same way.

Here are my thoughts in the spoilers. You don't have to read them, it's not really to prove I'm better or you have to agree with me or whatever. I just need to vent.

The short version is that I'm just...really bummed out that I can never get a mostly good or even decent dub from this guy. I'm always disappointed in this director and how the deliveries feel stilted in most times. It's just always about voices and it feels like they always do the bare minimum with working out the script. And this has been happening through all of Kingdom Hearts, the Compilation of FFVII, type-0 and all the side Square games that he does.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
    Last edited by sonickenshin; February 12, 2019 at 09:27 AM.

Unversed
    Registered
    Aug 2008

I didn't mind Scrooge's voice at all. I knew it wouldn't be David Tennant, and I wasn't really familiar with any of "Classic" Scrooge's other performances.

Nobody
    Registered
    Feb 2019
    None

Hi I'm new here anyways I love Kh3 but I did NOT I tell you did NOt like jack sparrow's voice acting cuz they should of pay a inpersonatior
    to do Jack's voice

Scala ad Caelum
    Registered
    Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy Nova View Post
    Hi I'm new here anyways I love Kh3 but I did NOT I tell you did NOt like jack sparrow's voice acting cuz they should of pay a inpersonatior
    to do Jack's voice
    Isn't that What they did though? At least this VA was better than the one in KH2.

Nobody
    Registered
    Feb 2019
    None

Well to me I though it was deeper....

Registered
    Feb 2019
    None

I thought Rapunzel’s new voice was relatively solid for the most part, and not all that distinguishable from Mandy Moore.

Do we actually know why Mandy didn’t come back? She still voices her in just about everything else, including the TV show, so this was particularly unusual.

The fact that several of the more recent trailers had her mysteriously voiceless in their English versions despite having her being voiced in their Japanese counterparts made me wonder if something was happening behind the scenes (like, they were spending ages trying to get Mandy on board and they finally concluded late into voice recording that it wasn’t happening).