Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

View Poll Results: DuckTales WOO HOO! David Tennant in KH3?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

25 37.88%
  • Maybe

14 21.21%
  • Disney isn't going to pay for David Tennant in KH3

16 24.24%
  • Who is he?

11 16.67%
Page 212 of 213 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213 LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3184
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    None

Default Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

Quote Originally Posted by OathkeeperRoxas XIII View Post
    I've heard of understudy VAs but not placeholders for trailers so I'm sure Alyson is Kairi or Hayden is seriously on some real NDA
    Interesting story related to another game series about that, actually. For the the announcement trailer of rhe upcoming Darksiders 3, whose main character is a woman named Fury, the developers cast Cissy Jones (Delilah from Firewatch, Chloe's Mom from Life Is Strange) last minute as her trailer voice. Cissy wasn't told what the two lines she recorded was for, and it was later when watching E3 recaps that she saw the trailer. She had her agent call around and found they hadn't settled on a voice yet which is apparently common, so she got to request the part.

Based on Ms. Jones' interviews on the subject, that kind of thing happens more than people think. I wouldn't be surprised to find they'd cast Alyson for the role because they were unsure of Hayden's personal status.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Playing
    with time, as a symptom

Default Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

Like Chaser said, they definitely need to honor both Alyson and Hayden in this game if at all possible. I thought principle voice recording must have been done ages ago but as long as there's still hope I'll keep a candle burning.

As for Jesse, I wouldn't be surprised if SE and Disney are pulling out all the stops given how supposedly critical Roxas' role in the game will be. I'm sure his history doesn't help.

*fangirls mathematically* FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    with your minds

If I had it my way, Jesse would be the absolute last person to record and be forced to wear a shock collar that'll zap him if he mentions anything about Kingdom Hearts.

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts 2

I'm not buying into that jesse hasn't been contacted. There is no way that they would replace his iconic voice with someone else.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

If anyone is interested, this is a podcast from Sac Anime of a panel they did with some KH voice actors like Quinton Flynn, Tony Anselmo, among others. Also present is Mary Gibbs, the voice of Boo. Maybe she’ll be reprising for the game? Even though she was a kid back then, she also did the voice for Baby Riley in Inside Out more recently.

https://youtu.be/N_WYstm2K-o

Dream Eater
    Registered
    May 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    If anyone is interested, this is a podcast from Sac Anime of a panel they did with some KH voice actors like Quinton Flynn, Tony Anselmo, among others. Also present is Mary Gibbs, the voice of Boo. Maybe she’ll be reprising for the game? Even though she was a kid back then, she also did the voice for Baby Riley in Inside Out more recently.
    https://youtu.be/N_WYstm2K-o
    Interesting. Of course, it will depend IF she will be providing new dialogue for Boo, otherwise, they might have to reuse archival audio of Boo's voice from the original movie, just like how in Kingdom Hearts II for the Pride Lands world they had to re-use archival audio of Jonathan Taylor Thomas and James Earl Jones as Young Simba and Mufasa respectively.

Registered
    Jun 2010
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    Maybe she’ll be reprising for the game? Even though she was a kid back then, she also did the voice for Baby Riley in Inside Out more recently.
    Pretty sure they used archive footage from their recordings with her from when she was an actual baby.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
    Pretty sure they used archive footage from their recordings with her from when she was an actual baby.
    Makes sense. Though they could do the same with KH3 since Boo doesn’t say a lot.

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

speaking of va doesn't everbody get the sense that we will lose a lot of voice actors after kh3 once the next saga begins

unwavering duck pilot Launchpad's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    hopscotch with your dad

I mean, lots of characters are going to be retired after KH3. If I were to predict it, I'd say more than half of all previously established original characters will never be seen again. It's unfortunate for certain actors who may really enjoy their roles, like Paul St. Peter and Richard Epcar, but them's the breaks.

Registered
    Dec 2005

I am almost certain Master Xehanort is voiced by Shigeru Chiba in kh3.

Silver Member OathkeeperRoxas XIII's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    KH series, FF Series, Pokemon Series, TOS2

Quote Originally Posted by rokudamia2 View Post
    I am almost certain Master Xehanort is voiced by Shigeru Chiba in kh3.
    He's JP Kuwabara?

Never saw YuYu in Japanese yet

Registered
    Feb 2008
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider

I'm surprised, I really thought they had retired Vexen's character due to the voice actor passing. I'm really happy that Derek Stephen Prince will be back though :)

Organization Member Megavoltage's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2011

Yeah, I was not expecting Vexen at all. I wonder if he'll make new Replicas in 3 or if he'll have a sinister interest in Xion after she's brought back.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

I still think John Noble would be an excellent Master Xehanort. You can hear him as Scarecrow in Arkham Knight here at 1:45. https://youtu.be/tbg9Bqsvifg