Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Default Nomura on KH3: "No matter how long it takes, it will be worth the wait."

Quote Originally Posted by playstationlifestyle.net, EGM
    Prequels and Side with its stories, has kept the Followers of the Kingdom Hearts Franchise for Years Engaged Series. Fans Have Anticipated the next title in the Big Franchise for some time: Kingdom Hearts III (KH III). In a Recent Interview, Tetsuya Nomura discusses life, his full schedule of projects, and notably what his plans are for KH III.

Nomura-san commented on the current challenges he faces developing KH III:

"For any sequel of the mainstream storyline of the Kingdom Hearts series, that would be Kingdom Hearts III"

He added:

"But the problem is that the opportunity of developing the sequel is not currently [possible]. The team is busy, I am busy."

Even with his busy schedule, KH III is still something he wants to do and is preparing for. Nomura-san had this to say about his thoughts on the next chapter in the storyline:

I'm thinking about what's going to be next after Kingdom Hearts II, the future that is Kingdom Hearts III. Time has nearly come to [work on] that concept.

With the game's concept phase being in sight, it leads to the question: When can we expect it? When asked if we would see it on the current generation of consoles, he gave this revelation:

Yes it might be possible. It is my desire to develop the next Kingdom Hearts on the existing platform, but the problem with a new console is that it has new technical requirements ... So, yes, I'm willing to create something on the existing console because when we aim for another non-existing future console, the release of the title will be far in the future. That's my concern.

Nomura-san is a busy man, even stating he had to "sacrifice my private time, my marriage, my family time" to stay on top of all his current projects. At least KH III is one of those projects. No matter how long it takes, it will be worth the wait.
    Sauce: PlayStation LifeStyle Tetsuya Nomura Discusses Kingdom Hearts III

Spoiler Spoiler: Full Interview Scans, thanks to KHDestiny Show
    Last edited by Ehres; September 27, 2010 at 08:10 PM.

Registered
    May 2009
    S4 League

Default re: Nomura on KH3: "No matter how long it takes, it will be worth the wait."

i always though nomura was single....wow...well hopefully he has more time.

Registered
    Oct 2008
    Default Re: Nomura on KH3: "No matter how long it takes, it will be worth the wait."

Well, we've waited this long and have graciously been given KH games over the past 4 years, so I can still keep on waiting. I just hope the ongoing development for Versus runs smoothly the whole way.

Registered
    Apr 2007
    Default Re: Nomura on KH3: "No matter how long it takes, it will be worth the wait."

Oh wow. Did he mean that marriage bit literally?

Registered
    Sep 2010
    None

Nomura is married? huh who would have guessed.

Anyway i don't care what happens the game is going to come out, it might not be next year or the year after that. but i'm gonna play it

but no f*kin kidding it better come out soon.

Registered
    May 2009
    S4 League

no offense to nomura, but he sort of set it up for homself this way. days only complicated the series rather than being a one-shot.

he should've focused just on BBS and ffv13.

Registered
    Aug 2008
    Mass Effect Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Allister Rose View Post
    no offense to nomura, but he sort of set it up for homself this way. days only complicated the series rather than being a one-shot.

he should've focused just on BBS and ffv13.
    Days was not that bad :/.
    Yeah, maybe not the greatest game of the series, but certainly not that bad either.
    But to get back on topic. I honestly can't wait <3

Registered
    May 2009
    S4 League

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas72 View Post
    Yeah, maybe not the greatest game of the series, but certainly not that bad either.
    it's not whether it was bad or not, it just took even more time for nomura to cncentrate on other stuff such as ffv13 and BBS. i think we could've seen BBS a year early and possibly re:coded.

Registered
    Jan 2010

i think we could've seen BBS a year early and possibly re:coded.
    You wouldn't. They're different teams. Once they get the story and stuff down, its mostly him just supervising. Plus without developing Days, Re:Coded would have been made completely different. All of his works on these projects are useful for the future, he said so himself (and is proving it well, with Re:Coded which is taking bits of what they know worked from all three games and incorporating them).

Registered
    May 2009
    S4 League

Quote Originally Posted by HeartSeams View Post
    You wouldn't. They're different teams. Once they get the story and stuff down, its mostly him just supervising. Plus without developing Days, Re:Coded would have been made completely different. All of his works on these projects are useful for the future, he said so himself (and is proving it well, with Re:Coded which is taking bits of what they know worked from all three games and incorporating them).
    yeah that's the point. without days, coded would have been diffferent. and even BBS and possibly kh3d. it just put in unecessary complications.

but still, different projects could be it, but weren't there some that were working on both? i heard there weere some working on days and BBS

Registered
    Jan 2010

but still, different projects could be it, but weren't there some that were working on both? i heard there weere some working on days and BBS
    There weren't.
    I think you might be thinking about Re:Coded. Re:Coded has the Days team (h.a.n.d) working on it and a few members of the BBS battle team working on it (due to the Battle style).

Registered
    May 2009
    S4 League

Quote Originally Posted by HeartSeams View Post
    There weren't.
    I think you might be thinking about Re:Coded. Re:Coded has the Days team (h.a.n.d) working on it and a few members of the BBS battle team working on it (due to the Battle style).
    oh ok then my bad. then i guess it couldn't be helped then.

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy Theart's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2009
    With the Fabrics of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas72 View Post
    True, it wasn't that bad, it just wasn't a necessary game. =( IMO what Nomura should've done was have the h.a.n.d team work on Coded for the DS, instead of making Coded for the phone and then make RE:Coded for the DS (basically RE:Coded would've been what everyone got from the get-go), and have the Osaka team work on BBS. IDK if it'd make a difference or not as far as time goes, but that's just my opinion. I feel Coded could've been better plot-wise, and I think that had they not made Days, Coded might've benefitted from it.

Registered
    Oct 2007

Quote Originally Posted by xStarSeekerx View Post
    Nomura is married? huh who would have guessed.
    This was the biggest news in the entire article, honestly. XDDDD

I wonder if Nomura saying that the time to work on KH3 is fast approaching says anything about when Versus is going to be finished... they have finally started showing stuff for it, after all.

Registered
    Jan 2010

Quote Originally Posted by VirgilTheart View Post
    True, it wasn't that bad, it just wasn't a necessary game. =( IMO what Nomura should've done was have the h.a.n.d team work on Coded for the DS, instead of making Coded for the phone and then make RE:Coded for the DS (basically RE:Coded would've been what everyone got from the get-go), and have the Osaka team work on BBS. IDK if it'd make a difference or not as far as time goes, but that's just my opinion. I feel Coded could've been better plot-wise, and I think that had they not made Days, Coded might've benefitted from it.
    Well, you never know, if Xion ever becomes important outside of Days, then, it might have been necessary.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast