Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered
    Aug 2011
    Default Re: KH2FM+ Finally Translated into ENGLISH

Quote Originally Posted by Tyestor View Post
    I got capped (internet slowed to 64kbps if you go over usage allowance (200gb a month for me)) after finishing the first part so I'm going to have to wait until midnight tomorrow to download part 2. Shit sux. By the way, assuming I did get my PSP working again (getting a new charger delivered tomorrow so hopefully that fixes it) how would I go about getting that ISO working on my PSP 3002? I know I have to hack it and use cfw but I have no idea the steps required. Can you point me in the right direction?

EDIT: Also, how do I make an ISO of my original PS2 KH1 disc? PCSX2 doesn't seem to play it properly off the disc.

Thanks.
    Ah you have one of the "newer" ones, last time I checked though only the 2000's and down could be fully hacked. This may not be the case, but months ago when I hacked my psp, they said the 3000s and up only had temp cfw meaning if you turned your psp off fully(not put in sleep mode) than when you started it back up the cfw would be gone and you'd have to load it again. Who knows, there might be full cfw for 3000's now. I highly recommend going to Sony PSP MODS and Hacks Forums making a forum account and asking this question there. They're really helpful and you'll definitely got a better answer from them than I could ever give.

Also, to rip an ISO off of a disc, you need a 3rd party program. I use imgburn.
    The Official ImgBurn Website

It's very easy to use. Also, if i may ask, what problems are you having with Kh1? Because the numerous KH1 iso's I've used always had problems with pcsx2. I'm thinking the game just doesn't work correctly with PCSX2 unfortunately. Just random freezes at the most random moments.

Heartless
    Registered
    Oct 2011
    Kingdom Hearts III

Quote Originally Posted by venomblade View Post
    Ah you have one of the "newer" ones, last time I checked though only the 2000's and down could be fully hacked. This may not be the case, but months ago when I hacked my psp, they said the 3000s and up only had temp cfw meaning if you turned your psp off fully(not put in sleep mode) than when you started it back up the cfw would be gone and you'd have to load it again. Who knows, there might be full cfw for 3000's now. I highly recommend going to Sony PSP MODS and Hacks Forums making a forum account and asking this question there. They're really helpful and you'll definitely got a better answer from them than I could ever give.

Also, to rip an ISO off of a disc, you need a 3rd party program. I use imgburn.
    The Official ImgBurn Website

It's very easy to use. Also, if i may ask, what problems are you having with Kh1? Because the numerous KH1 iso's I've used always had problems with pcsx2. I'm thinking the game just doesn't work correctly with PCSX2 unfortunately. Just random freezes at the most random moments.
    Game runs fine...on the menu and before it. It's when I start a new game and the opening cinematic starts up it's really choppy and slow/laggy. It's also bleeding into the main menu. Like, you'll have the opening cinematic and where the black bars would normally be the background for the main menu would be there. It's weird. But KH2 works fine. Also, thanks for the links and info.

Registered
    Apr 2008
    Fatal Frame 3 The Tormented, Dragon Quest 6

I thought it was against forum rules to link to iso files and emulators. Otherwise, I would have been begging for them months ago.

Registered
    Aug 2011

Game runs fine...on the menu and before it. It's when I start a new game and the opening cinematic starts up it's really choppy and slow/laggy. It's also bleeding into the main menu. Like, you'll have the opening cinematic and where the black bars would normally be the background for the main menu would be there. It's weird. But KH2 works fine. Also, thanks for the links and info.
    Hm, that's pretty weird. Try using direct 3d 11 instead of direct 3d 9 and/or turn off any speedhacks you have on to test.

Heartless
    Registered
    Oct 2011
    Kingdom Hearts III

Hm, that's pretty weird. Try using direct 3d 11 instead of direct 3d 9 and/or turn off any speedhacks you have on to test.
    Yeah, I was just playing some Mortal Kombat: Armageddon off my PS2 disc just then and I noticed that it got ******edly glitchy/slow/fast during character selection and during/after loading screen. Pressing TAB until it went back to normal speed during the fights fixed it. So I thought I'd try KH1 without any speedhacks on but check this thread first but I see you read my mind :P I already use DX11 (6950 ftw).

EDIT: Sigh, still doing it. Here's a screenshot this time though. http://i.imgur.com/HTmq0.jpg

Registered
    Aug 2011

Yeah, I was just playing some Mortal Kombat: Armageddon off my PS2 disc just then and I noticed that it got ******edly glitchy/slow/fast during character selection and during/after loading screen. Pressing TAB until it went back to normal speed during the fights fixed it. So I thought I'd try KH1 without any speedhacks on but check this thread first but I see you read my mind :P I already use DX11 (6950 ftw).

EDIT: Sigh, still doing it. Here's a screenshot this time though. http://i.imgur.com/HTmq0.jpg
    Nice card( 560 ti here) Both our cards are dx 11 capable, but I had to manually go to the pcsx2 video settings to change it from Direct3D 9 to 11. Maybe you could try that.(what cpu do you have by the way) If you just use the emulator from the link which is one of the latest maybe it could really iron out all of your problems. You shouldn't be getting any slowdowns with a 6950(unless you're cpu bottlenecked). KH1 ran perfect for me(when it didn't freeze) and no graphical errors at all. Maybe Armageddon is just one of those games that don't run well via emulator, not sure...

Also, to be able to play your games on the newer emulator(not sure if it's the same for yours) just go to the cdvd tab in the main pcsx2 window and change it from ISO to Plugin, and then when you boot it'll load whatever game you have in your disk drive, and then switch back to ISO when loading an .iso ofcourse.
    Last edited by venomblade; October 5, 2011 at 09:46 PM.

Heartless
    Registered
    Oct 2011
    Kingdom Hearts III

Nice card( 560 ti here) Both our cards are dx 11 capable, but I had to manually go to the pcsx2 video settings to change it from Direct3D 9 to 11. Maybe you could try that.(what cpu do you have by the way) If you just use the emulator from the link which is one of the latest maybe it could really iron out all of your problems. You shouldn't be getting any slowdowns with a 6950(unless you're cpu bottlenecked). KH1 ran perfect for me(when it didn't freeze) and no graphical errors at all. Maybe Armageddon is just one of those games that don't run well via emulator, not sure...

Also, to be able to play your games on the newer emulator(not sure if it's the same for yours) just go to the cdvd tab in the main pcsx2 window and change it from ISO to Plugin, and then when you boot it'll load whatever game you have in your disk drive, and then switch back to ISO when loading an .iso ofcourse.
    CPU is a 2500k. I made a post on the PCSX2 forums just before about this problem (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Weird...ngdom-Hearts-1) it has my specs in there. I have it as 6970 on that thread because while my card is a 6950 I flashed it with the 6970 bios so it's essentially a 6970. Anyway, it's not frame lag. I'm at a constant 60 FPS (highest it will go) it's just really weird lag. If I wasn't capped I'd fraps it and upload it to youtube to show you what I mean.
    Last edited by Tyestor; October 5, 2011 at 10:13 PM.

Registered
    Aug 2011

Wow with a beastly cpu and gpu it's definitely gotta be on the emulator. Here's the link for the newest revision, came out today

EmuCR-Pcsx2-r4921.7z

Hopefully that'll yield better results. Make sure you have your games saved if you want to use them on the new revision, save states sometimes don't carry over.

Heartless
    Registered
    Oct 2011
    Kingdom Hearts III

Wow with a beastly cpu and gpu it's definitely gotta be on the emulator. Here's the link for the newest revision, came out today

EmuCR-Pcsx2-r4921.7z

Hopefully that'll yield better results. Make sure you have your games saved if you want to use them on the new revision, save states sometimes don't carry over.
    It's ok mate, I fixed it (I'll download that anyway because I like being up to date). Basically I was told to make an iso out off the disc. That fixed the slowdown but didn't fix the background image in the cinematic. Then another guy said hit f9. Lo and behold that fixed. I'm slowing getting better at this PCSX2 emulator stuff haha.

Registered
    Aug 2011

It's ok mate, I fixed it (I'll download that anyway because I like being up to date). Basically I was told to make an iso out off the disc. That fixed the slowdown but didn't fix the background image in the cinematic. Then another guy said hit f9. Lo and behold that fixed. I'm slowing getting better at this PCSX2 emulator stuff haha.
    Ah that's great to hear. I just tried hitting f9 in game to see what it'd do and it made the game look like utter crap and capped my fps to 40 lol, but glad to see it fixed your problems.

Heartless
    Registered
    Oct 2011
    Kingdom Hearts III

Basically what it does from what I was told is that it switched D3D from Hardware mode to software mode and vise versa. Basically there's a bug where it wouldn't render the whole frame for whatever reason and by hitting f9 twice it fixed it up.

Registered
    Aug 2011

Basically what it does from what I was told is that it switched D3D from Hardware mode to software mode and vise versa. Basically there's a bug where it wouldn't render the whole frame for whatever reason and by hitting f9 twice it fixed it up.
    Ah I see, do you have to do that everytime you start the emulator up?

Registered
    Jan 2010
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

The thing that sucks, PCSX2 doesn't work on a Windows Vista.

If I am wrong, and you know how to make it work, please PM me, and tell me how.

Registered
    Aug 2011

Quote Originally Posted by teenbat View Post
    The thing that sucks, PCSX2 doesn't work on a Windows Vista.

If I am wrong, and you know how to make it work, please PM me, and tell me how.
    It does run on vista. If you're trying to run it and you're getting something about "lock pages" or something with the word lock in it , this is the fix

You'll need to enable the lock pages in memory option manually in Vista. Got to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy and go into Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment. Look for the line on the right that reads "Lock Pages In Memory" and add your user account there (you must be an administrator on the Vista PC to do this). Once done, reboot, and you should be able to run it.

Heartless
    Registered
    Oct 2011
    Kingdom Hearts III

Ah I see, do you have to do that everytime you start the emulator up?
    Nah, only when I start a new KH1 game. You don't even have to do the fix you can just wait till the end of the cinematic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast