Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zul
    Registered
    Oct 2008

Default "Don't you know? My name is..."

Alright, I skimmed threads up to January and didn't find this, so sorry if it was right there and I missed it.

Now, in 0.2, when Aqua says to Terranort "who are you, really?". He responds "don't you know? my name is..". I wondered if he was going to say Terra or Xehanort. It's not really possible to tell in the English, but it is in the Japanese audio.

He was going to say "Terra".

Terra, as far as I know, always uses "ore wa" when speaking about himself, Xehanort and Terranort use the more formal "watashi wa". But when Terranort was saying "I am" in 0.2, he was saying "ore wa".

Again, no clue if this was already discussed back and forth, I haven't been here for a while.

Registered
    Sep 2017
    None

Default Re: "Don't you know? My name is..."

oh, haven't paid attention to the Japanese pronouns, but in the English version, the voice is clearly the deeper voice of Terranort.

Registered
    Jun 2008

Quote Originally Posted by DraceEmpressa View Post
    oh, haven't paid attention to the Japanese pronouns, but in the English version, the voice is clearly the deeper voice of Terranort.
    yes but the point was whether or nor xehanort was going to be deceptive about his identity or not, which according to the japanese version, he was.

Registered
    Sep 2017
    None

tbh it's still kinda dumb of Aqua to not realize the change of the voice.. then again she was looking to other direction when she replied.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

If we go strictly by a logical approach Aqua reacted/acted "dumb" in any conceivable way by even starting to talk about Ventus in the first place.
    She had actual personal experience of Xehanort somehow piggybacking and "controlling Terra" to a degree in the Final Episode of BBS and that during their adventures back then Xehanort had some interest in Ven, so she probably shouldn't have brought him up at all.
    Furthermore Terra told her that he's still somewhat "trapped in the dark" and that the vision she sees is only his appearance from her own memories, not how he looks at present so some caution would have been advisable just in case Terra being still trapped means that Xehanort is still somehow involved.

But characters acting logical in KH is a rarity in any case.

*manly grunting noises* FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Unchained X[chi]

Xehanort pretending to be Terra while not realizing the mere possessing made his act the very opposite of convincing is actually pretty hilarious.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Cuphead

Quote Originally Posted by FudgemintGuardian View Post
    Xehanort pretending to be Terra while not realizing the mere possessing made his act the very opposite of convincing is actually pretty hilarious.
    He should've gone even further and kept feigning ignorance, with his silver hair, golden eyes and a fake mustache w/ goggles.

Registered
    Jun 2015
    trying to understand how the concept of "too much Supernatural" is supposed to work

Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    He should've gone even further and kept feigning ignorance, with his silver hair, golden eyes and a fake mustache w/ goggles.
    Oh my great God. Now the teaparty in 3D makes sense.
    Sora already is half Xehanort.

Turn around and shake my hand. DarkGrey Heroine's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2015
    virtually in the lovely company of Charlie Eppes
    I defeated Sans so I move to the next so-said "challenging" experience: Dark Souls. [tbc]

Quote Originally Posted by VoidGear. View Post

Ok but seriously now, am I the only one who was strangely VERY bothered by the "don't you know" in his sentence? Who in all Realms tells a lifelong friend that, especially when their appearance is changed but they look 99% the same anyway? The whole scene made me, at least, think that Aqua is really not right in the head to come this close to opening up to the enemy she previously fought, in a battle in which she sacrificed herself and fell into the RoD in the end? Aqua must have been really, really desperate and angsty but still, we're talking about Master Aqua, considered hella strong and determined. I wanted to say 1 "no" per every frame the scene had...

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Cuphead

I suppose I'll say something about this... the phrasing is definitely odd, but I found it in tune with the usual way the characters speak in KH.
    Didn't give it that much thought.

Everything is finally coming together

Registered
    Jun 2015
    trying to understand how the concept of "too much Supernatural" is supposed to work

The wording was questionable, but then again the whole tower scene with Riku and Kairi was fifteen times worse than that so I forgive Aqua.

Registered
    Aug 2017
    Digimon World: Next Order, Undertale, Stories PoD, Dark Cloud

The wording was questionable, but then again the whole tower scene with Riku and Kairi was fifteen times worse than that so I forgive Aqua.
    I just came here to wholeheartedly agree to this post. Worst dialogue in KH's history.

Zul
    Registered
    Oct 2008

The TWTNW one ?

EDIT: Yen Sid's tower nvm....

I find it hilarious how Aqua was actually like, 5 feet away from Riku at the end of KH1.

And yeah, Aqua's recognition of Xehanort seemed a bit odd, the dialogue implies she doesn't know until Terra says "Xehanort is a part of me", whereas the BBS journal implies she figured it out before they even fought in RG.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Quote Originally Posted by Zul View Post
    And yeah, Aqua's recognition of Xehanort seemed a bit odd, the dialogue implies she doesn't know until Terra says "Xehanort is a part of me", whereas the BBS journal implies she figured it out before they even fought in RG.
    May give in some angle the vibe that Aqua was yet again given the idiot ball via plot demand and forced to act on it in order to yet again have Xehanort succeed at least partly in his goals.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Cuphead

Quote Originally Posted by Zul View Post
    I find it hilarious how Aqua was actually like, 5 feet away from Riku at the end of KH1.
    The last part of 0.2 felt like that one filler episode in an anime series where they show you that in a canon event other things happened but all sorts of stuff happens to prevent the two plots to actually interact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast