Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Default KINGDOM HEARTS -The Story So Far- Coming October 30th for PlayStation 4

In surprising news, Square Enix and Disney have announced that a new compilation for Kingdom Hearts will be launching on PlayStation 4 at the end of the month, exclusively for the US. Kingdom Hearts -The Story So Far- combines Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, offering 2 discs in a single package. 

Square Enix released a press release on the announcement:

Today, SQUARE ENIX® and Disney announced KINGDOM HEARTS –The Story So Far–, a brand-new collection that takes players through nine chapters of the beloved KINGDOM HEARTS series.

In KINGDOM HEARTS –The Story So Far–, Keyblade wielders can relive the magical adventures of Sora, Donald Duck, Goofy and friends as they attempt to stop the Heartless invasion that threatens their universe. Fans will travel to iconic Disney locales and join forces with beloved Disney and FINAL FANTASY® characters in order to fight back against the threat of darkness and bring back light to all worlds.

The compilation includes the following games:

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX

• KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
    • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
    • KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
    • KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
    • KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep Final MIX
    • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE

• KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD
    • KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep –A fragmentary passage–
    • KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover (movie)

KINGDOM HEARTS –The Story So Far– is now available to preorder at the Square Enix Online Store: sqex.link/Khthestorysofar and other participating retailers.

This title will be available on October 30th for $39.99 and has been rated E10+ (Everyone 10+). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.

At the moment, this collection is only confirmed for the United States. A release in other territories is unknown.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Default Re: KINGDOM HEARTS -The Story So Far- Coming October 30th for PlayStation 4

When I saw the headline, I thought they were really about to try to sell us the “Story So Far” recap videos for $40. Lmao.

Registered
    Mar 2013
    None

Default Re: KINGDOM HEARTS -The Story So Far- Coming October 30th for PlayStation 4

For some reason i was thinking it was a book XD (i didnt see the ps4 part) if it were a book i would have got it..... hmmm pretty sure this one will come with a pin at some point lol

Organization Member luuizhenriquem's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2017
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    When I saw the headline, I thought they were really about to try to sell us the “Story So Far” recap videos for $40. Lmao.
    That was the first thing that came into my mind lol

Registered
    Feb 2008
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Honestly, I am sorry to the Xbox fans. There have been more than enough opportunities for Square Enix to port the collections to Xbox and if they aren't doing it with this re-collection now then it's not happening any time soon, at least not until a long time after KH3 launches (echoing Nomura's words from 2017).

It must really suck to be on Xbox and want to play KH3 but watching PlayStation get the same collections over and over again.

Registered
    Mar 2018
    None

yeah it's dumb to not port it over into xbox.. letting people going blind into kh3 is a super bad marketing.

"Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed." FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    with your minds

My first thought as well. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    Honestly, I am sorry to the Xbox fans. There have been more than enough opportunities for Square Enix to port the collections to Xbox and if they aren't doing it with this re-collection now then it's not happening any time soon, at least not until a long time after KH3 launches (echoing Nomura's words from 2017).

It must really suck to be on Xbox and want to play KH3 but watching PlayStation get the same collections over and over again.
    My second thought when first seeing the announcement was Xbox fans were finally getting the games, and I got rather annoyed when it turned out not to be the case. It just doesn't make sense not to port them over. I feel terrible for them.

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

the problem with xbox is that nomura want to put it in there but xbox hasnt talk it about there

Registered
    Aug 2017
    KHUX

Oh my God, I thought they had actually remade movies for the PS4 for all the games (and not the 5 minute snippets) and decided to sell those.
    But this? I am over the moon, I wanted to buy both discs for quite a while now and I nearly did it several times, but now I know to wait and get this compilation instead. I love the cover a lot! It's beautiful.

Dream Eater
    Registered
    Apr 2007

My goodness haha. Glad my cousin hasn't acted on any of my recommended purchases yet in preparation for KH3, since we keep getting new, more convenient releases. This should be the last one though.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

I wonder if they’ll do any kind trailer for this? Would be nice to get one with a little something KH3 at the end. :D

Organization Member luuizhenriquem's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2017
    None

I wonder if they’ll do any kind trailer for this? Would be nice to get one with a little something KH3 at the end. :D
    Nah, I don't think so... lol

About the XBOX... I think they didn't released the compilations there yet bc of $$$ lol

(>..)>
    Registered
    May 2009

After this the only way i see it releasing on xbox is if they just want to release it on switch and pc at the same time similar to the recent FF games announcements.

I can't see them doing a standalone release only for xbox at any point after this.

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by luuizhenriquem View Post
    Nah, I don't think so... lol

About the XBOX... I think they didn't released the compilations there yet bc of $$$ lol
    Why not? They did trailers for the 1.5+2.5 collection. This is a bigger deal with the entire series in one place three months before KH3. You’d think they’d want to get the word out on what they’re selling.

Nobody
    Registered
    Dec 2004

I just spent a few months completely beating them on KH 1.5 and KH 2.5.
    Will my saves work for this collection?!
    Please tell me yes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast