Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

Default Re: Should Kingdom Hearts Get Rebooted?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    I think things are going to get worse because of how giddy Nomura is with the KHx lore and now that he's adding his Versus XIII ideas.

Or, y'know, since he's implementing Versus, he could try to be more competent now.

But again, Nomura can be a competent writer. FINAL FANTASY XV is basically his work, minus Lunafreya.
    I disagree with this because who came up with the idea and who wrote the story are often two separate things. That's why comics often separate the two in the credits page. For example, an issue of Spider-man would have a "created by stan lee and steve ditko" credit but "written by nick spencer and art by Ryan ottley" or whoever did the issue.

So Nomura should get the created "by" credit for XV because his ideas for Versus 13 laid the framework for XV. But another director and other writers came in and shaped his ideas their own way. They also did the actual work of writing the game script page to page (etc) and how the game turned out "roses and thorns" are theirs more than his.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    ...a brand new world, one heart at a time.
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I disagree with this because who came up with the idea and who wrote the story are often two separate things. That's why comics often separate the two in the credits page. For example, an issue of Spider-man would have a "created by stan lee and steve ditko" credit but "written by nick spencer and art by Ryan ottley" or whoever did the issue.

So Nomura should get the created "by" credit for XV because his ideas for Versus 13 laid the framework for XV. But another director and other writers came in and shaped his ideas their own way. They also did the actual work of writing the game script page to page (etc) and how the game turned out "roses and thorns" are theirs more than his.
    FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII was originally a trilogy. About 90% of the project's script was done. They shafted Stella Nox Fleuret in favor of Lunafreya because Stella's character was useless in a standalone Versus XIII title: FF XV.

Hajime Tabata's team didn't so much as write the game, just try very hard to adjust it into a singular setting.

Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII was originally a trilogy. About 90% of the project's script was done. They shafted Stella Nox Fleuret in favor of Lunafreya because Stella's character was useless in a standalone Versus XIII title: FF XV.

Hajime Tabata's team didn't so much as write the game, just try very hard to adjust it into a singular setting.
    I found what you said on Reddit and stand corrected. They should've kept the trilogy aspect.

A co-writer would be ideal because I preferred KH when Nojima-san had input like the first few games versus the post kh2 era.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

I found what you said on Reddit and stand corrected. They should've kept the trilogy aspect.

A co-writer would be ideal because I preferred KH when Nojima-san had input like the first few games versus the post kh2 era.
    They couldn't afford to keep the trilogy aspect. FINAL FANTASY has a history of sequels selling less than their counterpart. The only reason FINAL FANTASY XIII got two sequels was because Square Enix wanted to make a profit out of all the development costs they incurred with the Crystal Tools in-house engine.

This is exactly what happened with METAL GEAR SOLID post MGS3 Snake Eater: the series' writers retired and Kojima named someone that wasn't as good as the previous one.

Registered
    Mar 2013

But again, Nomura can be a competent writer. FINAL FANTASY XV is basically his work, minus Lunafreya.
    I really wouldn't credit Nomura for the writing of FFXV. XV retains hardly any of Versus XIII's narrative or even the basic lore.
    Nomura is not listed in the scenario/writing credits at all. Tabata even stated that the two were no longer the same game.

That said, I wouldn't call XV's writing competent regardless.

Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

Honestly, it would be pretty hard to reboot Kingdom Hearts because it has such an iconic entrance in the first game.

Even the people who lost interest in the series still think its great.

Registered
    Nov 2012
    None

I wouldn't reboot it, but if I were to do so, I would cut all the original characters save Sora and Riku. SDG would still be the core. The Disney villains would drive the storyline more, akin to Maleficent in the first game.

Registered
    Sep 2017
    None

Honestly, I would rather KH be Castlevania like Koji Igarashi era. It is soft reboot from previous Castlevania games, by giving Dracula himself a more tragic backstory while still not excusing his actions, there IS continuity but you don't have to play other games before playing one, but the continuity references is rewarding when you get it .

Like, you don't have to play Symphony of the Night or Lament of Innocence to play Aria of Sorrow, but you will get the concept of the Blood Stone and etc if you played the previous entries.

And order of release does not have to equal in-universe order of events.

We can have anyone as the MC as long as they fight for the light, with making it explicit which side we are on and which side are we against.

And dark plot equal good plot, oh no, Disgaea has very lighthearted plot but it is still entertaining, and in Castlevania fandom people love Soma Cruz because he's happy go lucky that stands out among the other CV protagonists.

It's not that I think dark plot is bad, but I just disagree with "x is there which means the plot must be bad/good!" , a plot isn't made up of one trope, that's what makes a writing bad.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    KINGDOM HEARTS III

Honestly, it would be pretty hard to reboot Kingdom Hearts because it has such an iconic entrance in the first game.

Even the people who lost interest in the series still think its great.
    The only reboot I can see is that they finish this new saga and do something that takes place in the future with a new trio, and maybe have the iconic characters as cameos.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123