Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register


REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
  1. #31
    Silver Member MATGSY's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,723
    Gender

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    "KH is about friendship" unnerves me, speaking like that's an absolute with no degree of flexibility. We can't see Sora's parents because KH is about friendship, not family! Puh-leaze, it wouldn't kill the theme to take 5 minutes out of a 30 hour game to explain how his parents are doing with all the BS he puts them through. Similarly, there's no reason a romance subplot would kill the friendship theme either, not like literally everyone is hooking up with one another.

  2. #32
    最終の約束 alexis.anagram's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mishopshno
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,245
    Playing
    with time, as a symptom

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Send Kairi on a quest and push her as a character.
    This is all I want out of Kairi in KH3. And I personally don't feel interested in considering any sort of romantic angle with her, with anyone, until it happens.

  3. #33
    Heartless MelodicEnigma's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2018
    Age
    25
    Posts
    78
    Gender
    Playing
    Kingdom Hearts 2.8

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    Quote Originally Posted by alexis.anagram View Post
    This is all I want out of Kairi in KH3. And I personally don't feel interested in considering any sort of romantic angle with her, with anyone, until it happens.
    Agreed. I'm fairly confident that Kairi will be one of the playable characters as well. Considering we've gotten heavy Sora and Riku action, playing as the third main, original character would be a smart move from the KH team. Romantic notions wouldn't get in the way of that, theoretically.

  4. #34
    最終の約束 alexis.anagram's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mishopshno
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,245
    Playing
    with time, as a symptom

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    Quote Originally Posted by MelodicEnigma View Post
    Agreed. I'm fairly confident that Kairi will be one of the playable characters as well. Considering we've gotten heavy Sora and Riku action, playing as the third main, original character would be a smart move from the KH team. Romantic notions wouldn't get in the way of that, theoretically.
    Among other things they should do with her (like let her meet and get to know more people), I reaallly want to see them flip the script (or, in my view, deliver on the promise of KH1 and 2) by making Kairi the one who's purpose is to protect and if need be rescue Sora in this game, and/or to do the things that he can't. She's a PoH so theoretically resistant to Xehanort's manipulations and she's Sora's "light" so she can keep him from going off course like in DDD. I don't need any romantic subtext to make this work, or certainly nothing more overt than in KH1: instead, make it about Kairi's drive and her unique power, and let her show off for Sora a little. Make him eat that, "You'd kind of just be in the way," remark.

  5. #35
    Nobody
    Registered
    Sep 2018
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    Quote Originally Posted by MelodicEnigma View Post
    Really the key, honestly. Though, there's a wide problem with people looking at the characters as a concept rather than within themselves, and to each other, for the context of the story. I mean really, most things could be casually labeled "cliche" with the concept approach. It's such a waste, and I see it too often to where it does kind of irk me. Over the years, I've seen so many different fandoms, and, people are all over the place with their disposition lol Sometimes its great and is quite fruitful, and then other times, its toxic and filled with logic that holds no genuine or sincere reasoning. A lot of the time, that's even directed at one another rather than the content itself...

    I honestly can care less if people ultimately don't like SoKai, that's a fair thing to not like. (Lookin at you, KH writers) Actually, I am always more interested in the why, however. But if the why is using over-critically barred, unrelated logic that doesn't hold up, I just think that has to be pointed out. This all is just so much easier when you realize everyone just loves to be into characters, ships, and concepts for the hell of it. And, can do so without getting all foamy at the mouth with silly conspiracies against a stories content, which sometimes is funny but the OP's point was a bit off. (I feel like, that applies also to fan content/theories as well)
    I just don't like the whole "childhood friends becoming more than friends later on in life" cliché. It feels so unreal to me, since most likely a person won't be attracted to their childhood friend, since they most likely will think of them as a sibling.

  6. #36
    Silver Member OathkeeperRoxas XIII's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Destiny Islands
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,659
    Gender
    Playing
    KH series, FF Series, Pokemon Series, TOS2

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    Quote Originally Posted by NovaDragon View Post
    I just don't like the whole "childhood friends becoming more than friends later on in life" cliché. It feels so unreal to me, since most likely a person won't be attracted to their childhood friend, since they most likely will think of them as a sibling.
    well sibling, considering another thing that happens to childhood friend ship, they lose to the second girl or their sister


    i went there because every time there's a Sokai or Kairi thread, it always goes complaining about it, nothing has happened since KH2 and probably the staff forgot after Days or moved on to building Sora and Riku up in their fates

    Kairi will develop without being a ship, but don't shackle anyone to either of them because you hate the pairing

    no one says you have to ship it but don't let it eat away at you, because shipping fuss is why countless female protagonists are reduced by this

  7. #37
    Heartless Paige712's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2018
    Age
    27
    Posts
    56
    Gender
    Playing
    Super smash Ultimate, Spyro Reignited, Kh 1.5/2.5 Remix, 0.2

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    I don't want them together purely because I'm a hard Riku x Sora shipper haha!

  8. #38
    Hope Remains Nazo's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,768
    Gender

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    After reading through this entire thing, the only question on my mind is why we're trying to use real-life principles in a fantasy game narrative. This is a universe where a boy with a giant key can transform it into a pirate ship flag and then attack with it like a spear. I don't think real-world science and psychology applies here.

  9. #39
    Bronze Member
    Registered
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,586
    Gender

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    Oh man new posts here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    The bigger issue is Kairi never became a compelling character on her own so the other issues can't be fixed yet. She feels more like wallpaper than a person. Ironically Nomura did this better with Namine in Chain in Memories.
    And then Naminé got the same treatment, if not worse.
    First she became Roxas' special person in KH II (it's been 12 years and I'm still trying to understand why that became a thing), now she's so forgotten she's all alone on the box art.
    I swear at some point Nomura will realize she's left without a trio and newer plot threads and he'll make her Strelitzia's Nobody or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Send Kairi on a quest and push her as a character.
    *cue the "Why not both?" kid

    Is it time for me to re-propose the idea of Kairi taking a stroll in Pooh's Book with Sora?
    Been actually throwing it on a few social media and found many more supporters than anticipated.
    It warmed my heart.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton69 View Post
    iirc Lea was grabbing that thigh in the cutscene. Sora is going to be... well...
    Many things I was expecting, but not that some months prior the release of KH III we'd witness the LeaxKairi train.

    Quote Originally Posted by MATGSY View Post
    "KH is about friendship" unnerves me, speaking like that's an absolute with no degree of flexibility. We can't see Sora's parents because KH is about friendship, not family! Puh-leaze, it wouldn't kill the theme to take 5 minutes out of a 30 hour game to explain how his parents are doing with all the BS he puts them through. Similarly, there's no reason a romance subplot would kill the friendship theme either, not like literally everyone is hooking up with one another.
    Do them youngsters still say "Louder for the people in the back"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nazo View Post
    After reading through this entire thing, the only question on my mind is why we're trying to use real-life principles in a fantasy game narrative. This is a universe where a boy with a giant key can transform it into a pirate ship flag and then attack with it like a spear. I don't think real-world science and psychology applies here.
    Because we're still in the same fandom where you can post the locked door/window text bubble in Beast's Castle screenshot and people will find it hilarious before dubbing it "yet another gargantuan plot hole in Kingdom Hearts".

  10. #40
    Organization Member Megavoltage's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    528
    Gender

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    If Sora and Kairi do become a couple how different will the next saga be because of this change? Will them going on dates be part of the plot?

    Right now we have a bit of a status quo with Sora having adventures with Donald and Goofy, Riku goes missing and then Sora spends most of the game wondering where Riku is. Maybe in the next saga Sora will still have adventures with the duck and dog but wonder where Kairi is instead of Riku? Or maybe Sora and Kairi will become an adventuring duo? As we are right now Sora spends very little time with any of his Destiny Island pals(thinking about Riku every five minutes doesn't count) so I don't know how much this romance will shake things up.

  11. #41
    Scala ad Caelum
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,775

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    Quote Originally Posted by Megavoltage View Post
    If Sora and Kairi do become a couple how different will the next saga be because of this change? Will them going on dates be part of the plot?

    Right now we have a bit of a status quo with Sora having adventures with Donald and Goofy, Riku goes missing and then Sora spends most of the game wondering where Riku is. Maybe in the next saga Sora will still have adventures with the duck and dog but wonder where Kairi is instead of Riku? Or maybe Sora and Kairi will become an adventuring duo? As we are right now Sora spends very little time with any of his Destiny Island pals(thinking about Riku every five minutes doesn't count) so I don't know how much this romance will shake things up.
    I'd still prefer the Sora, Donad, and Goofy trio even if Sora and Kairi hook up. Kairi needs her own Disney companions which is why I'm hoping she teams up with Minnie and Daisy in the next saga. Sora and Kairi could still see each other from time to time and team up if their paths cross.

  12. #42
    Silver Member gosoxtim's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,513
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    i will think riku will tell them where he going besides they phones now it not like he cant keep in contract with riku or anybody else

  13. #43
    run Absent's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2013
    Location
    1993
    Posts
    2,389
    Playing
    Life on Critical Mode

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    Listen, if they end up together, fine. I'll be sad and disappointed, BUT I'll get over it. Sora and Kairi are not my favorite characters..

    However if they even dare hint at Riku liking any girl.


  14. #44
    Organization Member Megavoltage's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    528
    Gender

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    Quote Originally Posted by Absent View Post
    However if they even dare hint at Riku liking any girl.
    He's pretty interesting in meeting the person who saved him in the Realm of Darkness. Hmmm... I wonder if this could go places...

  15. #45
    run Absent's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2013
    Location
    1993
    Posts
    2,389
    Playing
    Life on Critical Mode

    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

    Quote Originally Posted by Megavoltage View Post
    He's pretty interesting in meeting the person who saved him in the Realm of Darkness. Hmmm... I wonder if this could go places...
    Easy there Masashi Kishimoto.

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •