Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered
    Nov 2005
    Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

"KH is about friendship" unnerves me, speaking like that's an absolute with no degree of flexibility. We can't see Sora's parents because KH is about friendship, not family! Puh-leaze, it wouldn't kill the theme to take 5 minutes out of a 30 hour game to explain how his parents are doing with all the BS he puts them through. Similarly, there's no reason a romance subplot would kill the friendship theme either, not like literally everyone is hooking up with one another.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Playing
    with time, as a symptom

Default Re: Am I the only one who hates the idea of Sora and Kairi being a couple and hopes it never happens

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Send Kairi on a quest and push her as a character.
    This is all I want out of Kairi in KH3. And I personally don't feel interested in considering any sort of romantic angle with her, with anyone, until it happens.

Registered
    Feb 2018
    Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by alexis.anagram View Post
    This is all I want out of Kairi in KH3. And I personally don't feel interested in considering any sort of romantic angle with her, with anyone, until it happens.
    Agreed. I'm fairly confident that Kairi will be one of the playable characters as well. Considering we've gotten heavy Sora and Riku action, playing as the third main, original character would be a smart move from the KH team. Romantic notions wouldn't get in the way of that, theoretically.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Playing
    with time, as a symptom

Quote Originally Posted by MelodicEnigma View Post
    Agreed. I'm fairly confident that Kairi will be one of the playable characters as well. Considering we've gotten heavy Sora and Riku action, playing as the third main, original character would be a smart move from the KH team. Romantic notions wouldn't get in the way of that, theoretically.
    Among other things they should do with her (like let her meet and get to know more people), I reaallly want to see them flip the script (or, in my view, deliver on the promise of KH1 and 2) by making Kairi the one who's purpose is to protect and if need be rescue Sora in this game, and/or to do the things that he can't. She's a PoH so theoretically resistant to Xehanort's manipulations and she's Sora's "light" so she can keep him from going off course like in DDD. I don't need any romantic subtext to make this work, or certainly nothing more overt than in KH1: instead, make it about Kairi's drive and her unique power, and let her show off for Sora a little. Make him eat that, "You'd kind of just be in the way," remark.

Nobody
    Registered
    Sep 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by MelodicEnigma View Post
    Really the key, honestly. Though, there's a wide problem with people looking at the characters as a concept rather than within themselves, and to each other, for the context of the story. I mean really, most things could be casually labeled "cliche" with the concept approach. It's such a waste, and I see it too often to where it does kind of irk me. Over the years, I've seen so many different fandoms, and, people are all over the place with their disposition lol Sometimes its great and is quite fruitful, and then other times, its toxic and filled with logic that holds no genuine or sincere reasoning. A lot of the time, that's even directed at one another rather than the content itself...

I honestly can care less if people ultimately don't like SoKai, that's a fair thing to not like. (Lookin at you, KH writers) Actually, I am always more interested in the why, however. But if the why is using over-critically barred, unrelated logic that doesn't hold up, I just think that has to be pointed out. This all is just so much easier when you realize everyone just loves to be into characters, ships, and concepts for the hell of it. And, can do so without getting all foamy at the mouth with silly conspiracies against a stories content, which sometimes is funny but the OP's point was a bit off. (I feel like, that applies also to fan content/theories as well)
    I just don't like the whole "childhood friends becoming more than friends later on in life" cliché. It feels so unreal to me, since most likely a person won't be attracted to their childhood friend, since they most likely will think of them as a sibling.

Silver Member OathkeeperRoxas XIII's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    KH series, FF Series, Pokemon Series, TOS2

Quote Originally Posted by NovaDragon View Post
    I just don't like the whole "childhood friends becoming more than friends later on in life" cliché. It feels so unreal to me, since most likely a person won't be attracted to their childhood friend, since they most likely will think of them as a sibling.
    well sibling, considering another thing that happens to childhood friend ship, they lose to the second girl or their sister

i went there because every time there's a Sokai or Kairi thread, it always goes complaining about it, nothing has happened since KH2 and probably the staff forgot after Days or moved on to building Sora and Riku up in their fates

Kairi will develop without being a ship, but don't shackle anyone to either of them because you hate the pairing

no one says you have to ship it but don't let it eat away at you, because shipping fuss is why countless female protagonists are reduced by this

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123