Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
    Nobody
    Registered
    Jun 2016
    None

Default Why did Sora and Riku still look young in The World That Never Was?

At the end of KH3D, Riku is out of the dream world and in the real TWTNW and finds Sora asleep as he is about to be possessed by MX in the throne room. Why do they both still look young if its the real world?

Registered
    Mar 2018
    TWEWY FM, Dragon Quest Builders

Default Re: Why did Sora and Riku still look young in The World That Never Was?

Probably gameplay reasons. They'd need to program playing as old Sora and Riku and it probably would've been a waste of time and/or money.

For the heck of it, Imma theorise. I might have missed a few details here or there, so bear with me.

Sora and Riku probably look young due to Xehanorts influence. They were ultimately given a younger appearance without traveling through time to help with the exam by Yensid. I'm assuming that maybe Yensid would revert Sora and Riku back when they got back to his tower. Instead what happened, Xehanort and the other SODs brought them to the real world, and they just didn't bother reverting them...probably.

Or maybe that version of The World That Never Was was actually in the Realm of Sleep or in between the RoS and the real world.

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts 2

That always bothered me as well.

Rob
    Nobody
    Registered
    Apr 2018
    None

As explained in the DDD Ultimania in 2012:

— In the latter half of The World That Never Was, despite returning to the real world, why do Sora and co. stay in that form and why do Dream Eaters appear etc?

Nomura: Sora and co.’s form is due to Yen Sid’s magic, so the way it works is that they can’t turn back until they return to the Mysterious Tower, and Dream Eaters were appearing because Sora was still asleep. Also, ever since Organization XIII was defeated in KH2, the The World That Never Was’ existence as a world has become uncertain. In the first place, the worlds in the rift between darkness and light have different rules than other worlds. The Mysterious Tower isn’t always standing in a fixed place. Traverse Town too reforms its shape every time, which is why the version that appears in this title is clearly different than the version in KH1.

Nobody
    Registered
    Feb 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    As explained in the DDD Ultimania in 2012:
    Thank you for that! That helps me understand it better now.

Nobody
    Registered
    Feb 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by KH_Is_Light_999 View Post
    Thank you for that! That helps me understand it better now.
    Sorry. I meant to quote your entire message. It looks like I accidentally only quoted part of it.

Registered
    Apr 2015
    None

Sora and Riku are in their younger bodies simply because of Yen Sid's magic to sort of help with the whole starting over from the beginning for the Mark of Mastery thing. The spell wears off when they get back to Yen Sid's tower. It has nothing to do with them being in the realm of sleep.

Nobody
    Registered
    May 2018
    RPG of any kind

Because then they'd have to 3d model and rig that sh*t and that sh*t costs greeeeeeeeeeeeeen (or whatever color yen is)

Nobody
    Registered
    Jul 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Elfdemon View Post
    Sora and Riku are in their younger bodies simply because of Yen Sid's magic to sort of help with the whole starting over from the beginning for the Mark of Mastery thing. The spell wears off when they get back to Yen Sid's tower. It has nothing to do with them being in the realm of sleep.
    If it has nothing to do with them being in the realm of sleep, then why does Sora go in and out from his KH2 body to his KH1 body while in the dream?

when i come to, let us meet. Audo's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2015

because nightmares are stronger than the magic of an old coot