Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
    Registered
    Oct 2018
    KH1FM, Radiant Historia (DS)

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

Quote Originally Posted by GronoTRIGGERED View Post
    Naw fam just summon bambi and use magic until the cows come home
    Nah, nat even, homie. The secret is calling in a favor from Tink and whacking away while you get that sweet, sweet regen.

At least, that's how my grandma made homemade Dragon Witch Pie.

Bronze Member
    Registered
    Sep 2016

Quote Originally Posted by kaseykockroach View Post
    Am I only one that’s noticed you’re alone a bit more often in KH2 than in KH1? It seems at points that 2 was trying to stroke the player’s ego! “See, dude! You beat this part by yourself! You didn’t need help from your friends!”
    KH II was basically "baby's first gimmick fights": they discovered gauges, timed fights and solo fights and they used them with the same frequency as an newbie editor that has just found a new stock of sound clips.
    Just look at all the fights that ends after a certain number of hits in the first half: the Dusk with Roxas, the Nobodies with Sora, the Shadows landing at Beast's Castle, Hades in his chamber, the first fight with Pete, the first fight with the Pirates, the Heartless landing in Agrabah...

Nitpick: where does Jiminy go when Sora goes into merman/lion mode.
    Last edited by DarkosOverlord; November 8, 2018 at 07:29 PM.

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack. GronoTRIGGERED's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2013
    Dungeons & Dragons, Pokémon, Tuba

Now I want to see a Jiminy Pride Lands & Atlantica form.

Also, anyone annoyed with how they introduced summons in II? I mean, in one you at least had a character dedicated to helping out summons and a story reason for them, and in two you're just kind of thrown a dumb chicken and the game does little to no explaining as to what they do and why you should ever use them. I'm not even saying they're useless, just that they're not explained well at all!

KH genie wasn't explained too well either, for the record.

Registered
    May 2007
    KH2FM

Having Fairy Godmother do that explaining fleshed out that aspect a bit more, rather than Merlin alone toss all that at you. It's just the game saying "Yeah, yeah, you know the drill, here's some magic, here's a summon, now be off with ya!".

Registered
    May 2007
    KH2FM

Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    KH II was basically "baby's first gimmick fights": they discovered gauges, timed fights and solo fights and they used them with the same frequency as an newbie editor that has just found a new stock of sound clips.
    Just look at all the fights that ends after a certain number of hits in the first half: the Dusk with Roxas, the Nobodies with Sora, the Shadows landing at Beast's Castle, Hades in his chamber, the first fight with Pete, the first fight with the Pirates, the Heartless landing in Agrabah...

Nitpick: where does Jiminy go when Sora goes into merman/lion mode.
    "It's no use!"
    "There's too many of em'!"

Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

Quote Originally Posted by GronoTRIGGERED View Post
    Now I want to see a Jiminy Pride Lands & Atlantica form.

Also, anyone annoyed with how they introduced summons in II? I mean, in one you at least had a character dedicated to helping out summons and a story reason for them, and in two you're just kind of thrown a dumb chicken and the game does little to no explaining as to what they do and why you should ever use them. I'm not even saying they're useless, just that they're not explained well at all!

KH genie wasn't explained too well either, for the record.
    I disagree about Genie as Agrabah's last scene was about him leaving to go find Jasmine with Sora. It would have helped if they had a scene where Genie splits up with Sora but tells him how to reach him in case he needs help. So you have an explanation for why he doesn't always pop up.

For 2 it might have been better if they gave Fairy godmother's role to somebody else. Merlin, Aerith, Queen Minnie/Daisy, Aurora's fairy godmothers it doesn't really matter.

Registered
    May 2007
    KH2FM

It IS odd Aurora's three fairies never show up again after the costume change. It would have only made sense for them to hang in, say, Radiant Garden.

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack. GronoTRIGGERED's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2013
    Dungeons & Dragons, Pokémon, Tuba

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I disagree about Genie as Agrabah's last scene was about him leaving to go find Jasmine with Sora. It would have helped if they had a scene where Genie splits up with Sora but tells him how to reach him in case he needs help. So you have an explanation for why he doesn't always pop up.
    Ah, should have clarified. Story-wise it's fine. Gameplay-wise, I meant. For some reason I didn't get as a kid that he would only attack if you locked onto an enemy, so I would try him out in Merlin's magic room only to get... well, nothing, since who ever locked onto the furniture in that room anyways?!

Registered
    Oct 2018
    KH1FM, Radiant Historia (DS)

While replaying through KH1, I found myself lamenting the semi-scattered nature of the world organization among the early worlds - Namely, Traverse Town and Deep Jungle. I think this is only an issue because I know what the desired end-point for each of the worlds is, so I end up making a beeline for that spot while the game actually has an arbitrary order it would like for me to visit things in.

For instance, your second trip to Traverse Town. I get back and know I have to go to Cid, but Sora doesn't. After wandering around for a minute because I forgot I got that Red Trinity access to the Secret Waterway, I finally find Leon and Aerith after having already opened up the way to Merlin's House. Leon gives me Simba's summon gem, then tells me to swing by Cid's. On the way out, I swing by the Fairy Godmother, but she refuses to talk to me b/c the Summon Gem prompt doesn't kick off until after Cid has wrapped up with your ship.

Ultimately, a very small nit to pick, but still.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647