Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack. GronoTRIGGERED's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2013
    Dungeons & Dragons, Pokémon, Tuba

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
    Peter Pan being a summon was more in line with buffing the summon to be arguably the "best" one in the game. Tinkerbells healing and peters quick attacks merged well with sora's strength. Plus, every summon in KH 2 had an element that was common with the world they were found in (in this case, pirates) and i don't know about you, but when i think of pirates, i think more of peter pan than tinkerbell.
    Lol completely disagree Peter Pan as a summon sucked in that game haha

But, then again, this is coming from a guy that diddlying hates summons in KH. The only good ones I've ever used were Genie, Tinker Bell, Bambi, Simba, and Cloud. I have respect for Chicken Little as a summon, but whoever made Dumbo so hard to control should die a fiery death.

Organization Member
    Registered
    Jul 2014
    None

Quote Originally Posted by GronoTRIGGERED View Post
    Lol completely disagree Peter Pan as a summon sucked in that game haha

But, then again, this is coming from a guy that diddlying hates summons in KH. The only good ones I've ever used were Genie, Tinker Bell, Bambi, Simba, and Cloud. I have respect for Chicken Little as a summon, but whoever made Dumbo so hard to control should die a fiery death.
    If I may interject, Stitch was immensely useful as he deflected projectiles and restored your MP. Super helpful against Demyx especially.

Registered
    Apr 2013

Sora's outfit is Red, then Blue, then green in II, and when all of the three good fairies' powers combine it turns into... black with a little bit of red, a little bit of blue, and no green in sight.

Registered
    Jun 2008

Sora's outfit is Red, then Blue, then green in II, and when all of the three good fairies' powers combine it turns into... black with a little bit of red, a little bit of blue, and no green in sight.
    goofy converted the fairy’s dark energy into fuel and ate the green magic to protect sora. what a guy.

Registered
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Chuman View Post
    goofy converted the fairy’s dark energy into fuel and ate the green magic to protect sora. what a guy.
    He even took the green energy when it appeared again on scare floor and turned himself into a green jar jar binks-thing. What a good guy, that poor motherdiddlyer.

Registered
    Jan 2016
    None

Gameplay wise nitpicks:
    1.Drop Gauge.
    2. Flowmotion for making abilities such as High Jump, Double Flight, and Glide useless.
    3. Lol the Surge commands and Mine Spells.
    4. Donald and Goofy being nerfed in KH2. With Donald only knowing 4 magic spells and Goofy losing MP Gift/Evolution. I'd rather have those abilities back than Limits and Drives. Also I'm not a fan of how small your party member's HP/MP gauges look on the screen in KH2 and beyond when compared to KH1's.
    5. KH1's Hidden Puzzles, Platforming, Dalamations, and Trinity Marks I feel should return. Oh and hub worlds like Traverse Town should return.
    6. I...honestly feel Sora is a bit "overpowered" based off of the KH3 trailers and feel that most players aren't going to use all the abilities they have in the game similar to KH2. OR since this is Osaka team we will find a cheap ability to use (like the Balloon spells or Surge commands) and just spam it throughout the whole game.
    7. The remake of CoM honestly made the game a bit worse by overpowering certain cards like the Jafar Card.
    8. Overall I feel like the series has lost parts of its JRPG roots.

Organization Member
    Registered
    Jan 2017
    None

The mickey worlds in DDD annoy me because they break the worlds of the realm of sleep. Those feel more like memories mickey has than worlds fallen to darkness.

They would have fit better in Chain of memories.

Registered
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ReverofEnola View Post
    Gameplay wise nitpicks:
    1.Drop Gauge.
    You know what? I always hear people complaining about this, but drop me nots are so easy to get past traverse town that I never had trouble playing as long as I wanted.

2. Flowmotion for making abilities such as High Jump, Double Flight, and Glide useless.
    But it does look like it will be dumbed down in III! And, I know what you meant, but double flight technically does not exist in flowmotion.

3. Lol the Surge commands and Mine Spells.
    Seeker mine is soooooo broken as aqua it's not even funny. It actually made people kind of mad.

4. Donald and Goofy being nerfed in KH2. With Donald only knowing 4 magic spells and Goofy losing MP Gift/Evolution. I'd rather have those abilities back than Limits and Drives. Also I'm not a fan of how small your party member's HP/MP gauges look on the screen in KH2 and beyond when compared to KH1's.
    Preach.

5. KH1's Hidden Puzzles, Platforming, Dalamations, and Trinity Marks I feel should return. Oh and hub worlds like Traverse Town should return.
    Not going to elaborate more on this, but we've talked before and I think you know how I feel about all of those things.

6. I...honestly feel Sora is a bit "overpowered" based off of the KH3 trailers and feel that most players aren't going to use all the abilities they have in the game similar to KH2. OR since this is Osaka team we will find a cheap ability to use (like the Balloon spells or Surge commands) and just spam it throughout the whole game.
    Eh, I'm not too bothered by this, as some of these abilities I feel people always overhyped/underhyped. For example, I never understood the argument that shotlock was broken and/or useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    The mickey worlds in DDD annoy me because they break the worlds of the realm of sleep. Those feel more like memories mickey has than worlds fallen to darkness.

They would have fit better in Chain of memories.
    I mean, yeah, they would have, but also they wouldn't have made sense in Chain of Memories, either. Twilight Town was fine since Roxas remembered that, but CoM is all about what Sora already remembers, and Mickey's memories being used wouldn't make sense since Mickey doesn't even physically appear to help Riku until very late into the game.

Dream Eater
    Registered
    May 2014
    None

Dream Drop Distance contradicted itself in the later half

In the Musketeers world, Riku saved Sora and the others from a crate that was about to fall on them without actually being there. Now wait a minute, didn’t we establish earlier that Sora and Riku have completely separate dream worlds and that what happens in each world is different from one another’s dream? Now I get that even though each character’s story is different, and what happens in each world is pretty similar no matter if you’re playing as Sora or Riku, I get that. But there’s just one little problem with that concept, HOW THE HELL DID FROLLO SURVIVE PLUNGING TO THE FIERY PIT ONLY TO COME BACK AGAIN TO SUMMON WARGOYLE AND FALL BACK INTO THE FIERY PIT?! I hate when games like this try to be so needlessly complex with time travel that there’s continuity errors galore!

Speaking of Frollo. Yeah way to butcher what made Frollo a complex Disney villain just to censor religion.

Registered
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Scorseselover View Post
    Dream Drop Distance contradicted itself in the later half

In the Musketeers world, Riku saved Sora and the others from a crate that was about to fall on them without actually being there. Now wait a minute, didn’t we establish earlier that Sora and Riku have completely separate dream worlds and that what happens in each world is different from one another’s dream? Now I get that even though each character’s story is different, and what happens in each world is pretty similar no matter if you’re playing as Sora or Riku, I get that. But there’s just one little problem with that concept, HOW THE HELL DID FROLLO SURVIVE PLUNGING TO THE FIERY PIT ONLY TO COME BACK AGAIN TO SUMMON WARGOYLE AND FALL BACK INTO THE FIERY PIT?! I hate when games like this try to be so needlessly complex with time travel that there’s continuity errors galore!

Speaking of Frollo. Yeah way to butcher what made Frollo a complex Disney villain just to censor religion.
    Most of the Disney worlds in DDD sucked, end of line. The dialogue is so horrible and I just can't stand it. I don't care if a lot of people like Frollo in DDD, because frankly he sucks really hard and is horribly broken down from what he was in the movie. He turned into one of the best written villains to someone who was literally broken down to "I hate gypsies". His voice acting is awful as well; it's as flat and lifeless as the recreation of La Cite Des Cloches.

Also, I didn't hate Country of the Musketeers that much really, but anyone have trouble seeing anything in it? For such a supposedly vibrant and animated world, I really couldn't get why so many environments you're traveling through are so dark and hard to see. I swear, that town you take a boat out to is practically impossible to traverse without adjusting the brightness on your TV.

Symphony of Sorcery was the only one I really enjoyed, and that reason was twofold: there was nearly no dialogue and the unique way the environment was scored more than impressed me.

Don't even get me started on The Grid; I might have to do an entire editorial about how stiff, lifeless, and nonsensical it was as an addition to DDD.

Dream Eater
    Registered
    May 2014
    None

Most of the Disney worlds in DDD sucked, end of line. The dialogue is so horrible and I just can't stand it. I don't care if a lot of people like Frollo in DDD, because frankly he sucks really hard and is horribly broken down from what he was in the movie. He turned into one of the best written villains to someone who was literally broken down to "I hate gypsies". His voice acting is awful as well; it's as flat and lifeless as the recreation of La Cite Des Cloches.

Also, I didn't hate Country of the Musketeers that much really, but anyone have trouble seeing anything in it? For such a supposedly vibrant and animated world, I really couldn't get why so many environments you're traveling through are so dark and hard to see. I swear, that town you take a boat out to is practically impossible to traverse without adjusting the brightness on your TV.

Symphony of Sorcery was the only one I really enjoyed, and that reason was twofold: there was nearly no dialogue and the unique way the environment was scored more than impressed me.

Don't even get me started on The Grid; I might have to do an entire editorial about how stiff, lifeless, and nonsensical it was as an addition to DDD.
    Not to mention when you learn about Xehanort’s “master plan” at the end, it completely retcons the entire series!

Registered
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Scorseselover View Post
    Not to mention when you learn about Xehanort’s “master plan” at the end, it completely retcons the entire series!
    Unpopular opinion, but I love the idea of a rogue's gallery of villains from previous titles teaming up to tear down the good guys.

The only thing wrong about its execution is time travel, really. If you're here to tell me that Xemnas, Ansem, Vanitas, and Xehanort fighting in the same room isn't bad ass, though, then go try to have some fun for once haha :P

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dissidia NT, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Unpopular opinion, but I love the idea of a rogue's gallery of villains from previous titles teaming up to tear down the good guys.

The only thing wrong about its execution is time travel, really. If you're here to tell me that Xemnas, Ansem, Vanitas, and Xehanort fighting in the same room isn't bad ass, though, then go try to have some fun for once haha :P
    The main problem is not the villain team up per se but how it is executed and brought about in DDD.

Ansem SoD by himself has already returned more than once before DDD (which Nomura even points out in the Ultimania and hints that there's something special at work that allows this in the first place), but the whole way DDD frames the proceedings with delegating everything to be Master Xehanort's big master plan (instead of lots of improvising and readjusting which would make Xehanort look truly competent instead of being favored by plot reasons) which got only slight dents and delays from the efforts of all the good guys so far diminishes everything accomplished by BBS, KH 1 and KH 2 to a certain degree and that is what, rightfully in my view, upsets quite a bunch of people in the fandom.

Organization Member Alan Smithee's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2012
    Playing
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    The main problem is not the villain team up per se but how it is executed and brought about in DDD.

Ansem SoD by himself has already returned more than once before DDD (which Nomura even points out in the Ultimania and hints that there's something special at work that allows this in the first place), but the whole way DDD frames the proceedings with delegating everything to be Master Xehanort's big master plan (instead of lots of improvising and readjusting which would make Xehanort look truly competent instead of being favored by plot reasons) which got only slight dents and delays from the efforts of all the good guys so far diminishes everything accomplished by BBS, KH 1 and KH 2 to a certain degree and that is what, rightfully in my view, upsets quite a bunch of people in the fandom.
    I was indeed anticipating some kind of Xehanort-led villain team-up.

...Just not in such a shark-jumpy way.

Larxeneboi and proud to be DarkosOverlord's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2016
    Officially away from KH III spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post

Indeed.
    When you think about it the Disney villains in the first title were already "a team up of previous enemies", the chances of someone playing the game and not knowing Hook or Maleficent were astronomically low.
    But albeit more minimalistic than a Xehanort Organization, they were better written for the most part and more importantly agency wasn't taken away from them.

Hook and Oogie Boogie have a small back-and-forth when introduced. Jafar reflected upon Clayton's demise, and Hades did the same to him. Hades and Maleficent had a couple interactions too.

Naturally those were small (yet effective) things, but even those managed to be more than what the Norts did. Xigbar's "Xemnas! He's all yours" is the biggest interaction the bad guys had in that game and nearly the only aknowledgement of each other.
    Ansem and Xemnas, the two main baddies of the numbered games, literally never spoke to one another.

If you want to retcon and expand on your story that's fair and understandable, but it takes effort that recent writing clearly hasn't got.

Now for my nitpick: Donald getting Attack level ups. Why.

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast