Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Organization Member Alan Smithee's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2012
    Playing
    None

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

MX being such a Creator's Pet villain.

I'm tired of everything being convoluted and retconned just for him, the good guys repeatedly holding the Idiot Ball just so his "master manipulations" can work (largely regarded as the worst method of attempting to show-don't-tell), and the other villains being devalued just by his very existence.

The only reason to like him was the late Leonard Nimoy (who made him sound epic, at least).
    Last edited by Alan Smithee; November 30, 2017 at 02:42 AM.

Registered
    May 2007

Weird editing issues, like how when Ansem's on Destiny Islands, he's standing right in front of Sora...yet Sora's sounding as though he just now appeared.

And the bit where Donald refuses to allow Riku to join them. I think it should've been made a little clearer why Donald reacted like that. I mean, I grasp why (Riku indeed seemed a little shady in that scene, and Donald was picking up on that before Sora could), but I used to be rather confused by that for awhile.

I obviously have other qualms with KH beyond that, it's just what's presently on the mind since I'm currently playing KHFM.
    Last edited by kaseykockroach; December 6, 2017 at 10:07 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Playing
    Chain of Memories and GTA: San Andreas

Lexaeus struck me as an idiot in Chain of Memories. He didn't even attempt to manipulate Riku before attacking him. All he had to do was tell Riku Sora is in trouble and Marluxia is the cause of it or even mislead him a bit to get him on his side.

Zul
    Registered
    Oct 2008

Quote Originally Posted by kaseykockroach View Post
    Weird editing issues, like how when Ansem's on Destiny Islands, he's standing right in front of Sora...yet Sora's sounding as though he just now appeared.
    I remember that, it's one of the first things that struck me as odd.

I'm guessing his first response was just hearing Ansem, and the second was actually seeing him.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Cuphead

I guess the main nitpick about that Ansem moment should be that KH1 didn't show very well the difference between when a character appears/disappears and when they were never there to begin with (e.g. Sora's visions of Kairi).

Quote Originally Posted by Caxinuld View Post
    Lexaeus struck me as an idiot in Chain of Memories. He didn't even attempt to manipulate Riku before attacking him. All he had to do was tell Riku Sora is in trouble and Marluxia is the cause of it or even mislead him a bit to get him on his side.
    Yeah, can I just say I was never that fond of Lexaeus in the first place? I totally understand what type of character he was intended to be, but I feel the fans are more in love with the idea of said character that its actual execution.

Registered
    Aug 2017
    Digimon World: Next Order, Undertale, Stories PoD, Dark Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by kaseykockroach View Post

And the bit where Donald refuses to allow Riku to join them. I think it should've been made a little clearer why Donald reacted like that. I mean, I grasp why (Riku indeed seemed a little shady in that scene, and Donald was picking up on that before Sora could), but I used to be rather confused by that for awhile.

I obviously have other qualms with KH beyond that, it's just what's presently on the mind since I'm currently playing KHFM.
    Oh, yes, THAT scene. I never really got why Donald didn't want him to tag along since Sora declared his goal of "find Riku and Kairi" every so often, so it was quite clear Sora would want them on the team when they found them. Yes, he was kinda shady back then, but this is even more the reason to take him along, to be able to watch him. Sora's reaction after that is also kinda heartless - when a friend of mine is that mean to another friend of mine which makes the latter disappear, I don't just stand there saying "oh, he's fine, that does it" but I try to find that friend, otherwise it HAS to give the impression that I don't really care. I really hated Donald and Sora in that scene.

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Cuphead

Donald's character was never completely open to other people if not near the end. For the most of KH1 Donald just wants to find the King, and even recruits Sora because he was ordered to (and even then, he states that Sora is needed to find Mickey) and not out of goodwill.
    Makes sense to me that Riku, a non King-related person, was out of the question in his mind: his mission was never to find Riku and Kairi in the first place. Heck, he ABANDONS Sora after he loses the Keyblade, and that happens near the final stretch.
    The entire first meeting with Riku also happens not too long after his whole Deep Jungle argument with Sora as well, where he wanted to leave the World without even searching for Riku and Kairi and even talked about leaving Sora there.
    Donald was just not a welcoming fellow.

Sora's forgetting Riku is less justified, but at the very least we know that Sora believed Riku was perfect and superior to him in everything. Sora probably thought that if he managed so far, Riku was a-okay.

Registered
    Sep 2015
    XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, PROJECT X ZONE 2

The Hercules world being the only Disney world to feature Final Fantasy characters.

Registered
    Jun 2015
    trying to understand how the concept of "too much Supernatural" is supposed to work

Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    Sora's forgetting Riku is less justified, but at the very least we know that Sora believed Riku was perfect and superior to him in everything. Sora probably thought that if he managed so far, Riku was a-okay.
    Which was then completely blown up in KH2 where Sora, even though he is assured that Riku is mostly fine on multiple occasions, hunts him down like no tomorrow. Enemies? What enemies? I'm trying to make up for not looking for my bae in the first game by doing nothing else now!!

My current nitpick: The fact that Oogie dabs.
    It bothers me ok

*manly grunting noises* FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Unchained X[chi]

Quote Originally Posted by VoidGear. View Post
    My current nitpick: The fact that Oogie dabs.
    It bothers me ok
    So that's where Sora got it from.

Turn around and shake my hand. DarkGrey Heroine's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2015
    virtually in the lovely company of Charlie Eppes
    I defeated Sans so I move to the next so-said "challenging" experience: Dark Souls. [tbc]

Quote Originally Posted by FudgemintGuardian View Post
    No. Noooo. NOOOOOOOOOOO I CANNOT UNSEE THIS NOW NOOOOOOOOOO
    but DDD is a 2012 game!!!
    and dabbing became a thing in like 2015-2016
    SO I CAN FORGET THE CONNECTION YES

seriously I always found Sora's Break Time so amusing, I loved overusing it just to see the animations

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Cuphead

Quote Originally Posted by VoidGear. View Post
    Which was then completely blown up in KH2 where Sora, even though he is assured that Riku is mostly fine on multiple occasions, hunts him down like no tomorrow. Enemies? What enemies? I'm trying to make up for not looking for my bae in the first game by doing nothing else now!!
    It would've still been a bit salvageable if such maddening research actually bare fruit. But Sora stumbles onto Riku only when the latter wants to, and finds him as soon as he stops actively searching.

Quote Originally Posted by FudgemintGuardian View Post
    Y'all thought the 3D in the title stood for the console or whatever Nomura claimed? Fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem
    "Those who know nothing, can't understand dabbing."

Turn around and shake my hand. DarkGrey Heroine's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2015
    virtually in the lovely company of Charlie Eppes
    I defeated Sans so I move to the next so-said "challenging" experience: Dark Souls. [tbc]

Quote Originally Posted by DarkosOverlord View Post
    Y'all thought the 3D in the title stood for the console or whatever Nomura claimed? Fools.
    Kingdom Hearts DDD : Drop Dead Dab

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Cuphead

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGrey Heroine View Post
    Kingdom Hearts DDD : Drop Dead Dab
    Yen Sid: "We finally managed to get Ventus, but his heart is still fractured. We need to dab gently around the wound"
    Sora: "DID SOMEONE SAY DAB?"
    *music starts, everyone dab at the same time*

Man, KH III will be amazing.

*manly grunting noises* FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Unchained X[chi]

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGrey Heroine View Post
    No. Noooo. NOOOOOOOOOOO I CANNOT UNSEE THIS NOW NOOOOOOOOOO
    but DDD is a 2012 game!!!
    and dabbing became a thing in like 2015-2016

SO I CAN FORGET THE CONNECTION YES
    Oogie dabs. Sora dabs. Even Terra dabs when using Slide.

Don't you see?

KINGDOM HEARTS INVENTED DABBING!!!!

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast