Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast
    Nobody
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    None

Default Unpopular opinions!

I thought this would be a fun topic!

I couldn't find a "general Kingdom Hearts" forum, so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

What are your unpopular opinions about the series? Mine are:

1. I thought Recoded had a really deep, almost philosophical story, particularly in the ending Castle Oblivion segment. It really made me think, and it was some of the most interesting storytelling I've seen in the series, even if the rest of the game was pure fluff.

2. I really like the time travel aspect. It makes sense within the story, has clearly established rules, and thus makes much more sense than 90% of time travel plots out there. I had a lot of fun sitting down and figuring out the whole thing. Which leads me to...

3. I love the whole tangled mess that is the story of this series. I adore figuring things out, and making sense of really confusing things. I have absolutely no idea what could possibly happen in the next game, because this series just goes all out there and does the craziest, weirdest, stupidest things, and I LOVE it.

4. I know most people enjoyed Sora in Kingdom Hearts I, and dislike him in 3D, but I'm the other way around. To me, he comes off as super bland and generic in the first game; I didn't feel like he had much of a personality, and I couldn't connect to him. Yes, he's a bit dopey in 3D, but that's a character trait that I enjoy about him.

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of anything else. Feel free to share your own!

Unversed
    Registered
    Oct 2013
    None

Default Re: Unpopular opinions!

I agree, I admittedly really like the philosophy presented in Castle Oblivion at that point. The whole idea of what to do with hurt, and the way it actually ties into Roxas's relationship with Xion was really well written, one of the best narrative pieces of the entire franchise I think. The problem I have is the way it's presented. It's so unbelievably slow and boring. The game just goes on and on and on, and Disney characters speaking in technobabble just feels so wrong to me. The Castle Oblivion segment comes so late in the game that I just lose the ability to care by that point. It's astounding how the KH1 worlds and plots got diced up over time. Re:COM's worlds are an abridged version of KH1's worlds. Re:coded's worlds are an abridged version of that, and the CO rooms are an abridged version of that. Like, geez, was that really necessary? It's blatant padding.

I guess the only real unpopular opinion I have is Haley Joel Osment was never that good, even in KH1. Also, um...I like Guard Armor's FM colors better than the original. In fact I prefer every FM recolor over the original really.

Registered
    Feb 2015
    Everything. I''m hardcore like that.

KH2 is a better game then KH1 to me. They just did everything a lot better for me in that game then in KH1. I love the characters more, I like the individual stories more, I like the choices of worlds, it's a much longer game but it never felt like it went on too long, I like Organization more then I liked the Disney Villains, I actually have fun 100% my journal, better secret bosses, more fun bosses, the Disney characters are better presented here(though, that's never really been a problem anyways, I just like the Disney stuff better in this game), the game is a lot of fun with its variety of uses of combat and magic, and it has the best ending in the series.

The only downgrade is exploration. While it doesn't bother that it was downgraded, I wish KH2 had a little bit more of that. It's obvious they wanted to focus on what made KH the most fun for people at the time: the combat itself.
    Last edited by MrFranklin95; June 6, 2015 at 04:57 AM.

Unversed
    Registered
    Oct 2013
    None

Quote Originally Posted by MrFranklin95 View Post
    KH2 is a better game then KH1 to me. They just did everything a lot better for me in that game then in KH1. I love the characters more, I like the individual stories more, I like the choices of worlds, it's a much longer game but it never felt like it went on too long, I like Organization more then I liked the Disney Villains, I like collecting puzzles pieces and stuff, better secret bosses, More fun bosses, the Disney characters are a lot fun to see here, the game is a lot of fun with its variety of uses combat and magic, and it has the best ending in the series.

The only downgrade is exploration. While it doesn't bother that it was downgraded, I wish Kh2 had a little bit more of that. it'sobvious they wanted to focus on what made KH the most fun: the combat itself.
    That's not really an unpopular opinion. The secret bosses and puzzle pieces you're talking about are in Final Mix. KH2FM has SO much more content and so much better balanced mechanics that it makes vanilla KH2 look unfinished. That's why a lot of people say KH1 was better than KH2, they're referring to the vanilla KH2.

Registered
    Feb 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeHeatnix View Post
    That's not really an unpopular opinion. The secret bosses and puzzle pieces you're talking about are in Final Mix. KH2FM has SO much more content and so much better balanced mechanics that it makes vanilla KH2 look unfinished. That's why a lot of people say KH1 was better than KH2, they're referring to the vanilla KH2.
    I count the vanilla KH2 as well (that's the first one played too). Yeah, vanilla KH2 is still a better game then KH1 to me. And really? I know a lot of people who loathe KH2, even the Final Mix stuff. I don't blame them though to be honest. That game has faults but not as many faults for me. And even the faults that I came think of for myself, I can get past them.

Registered
    May 2015
    Ocarina of Time 3D

I hate Kairi's KHII hairstyle.

Not sure if that's an unpopular opinion.

Registered
    Aug 2013
    Playing
    KHχ

Quote Originally Posted by BufferAndLoad View Post
    I hate Kairi's KHII hairstyle.

Not sure if that's an unpopular opinion.
    I like Kairi's KHII haristyle, but not as much as her KH1, which is surprising, because I really like her KHI? But I can't bring myself to dislike the new one, they're just... both good! *shame*

Flesh by mother, soul by father Ruran's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009

I think BBS is extremely overrated.

Spoiler Spoiler: Wut up? Show

Registered
    Feb 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ruran View Post
    I think BBS is extremely overrated.

Spoiler Spoiler: Wut up? Show
    Meh. It kind of is. It still has the best plot out of all the games.

Registered
    May 2015
    Ocarina of Time 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdrazon View Post
    I like Kairi's KHII haristyle, but not as much as her KH1, which is surprising, because I really like her KHI? But I can't bring myself to dislike the new one, they're just... both good! *shame*
    I just like her short and cute hairstyle more than a typical medium brown hairstyle XD

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Sora is one of my least favorite characters to play as.

Registered
    May 2015
    Ocarina of Time 3D

I also prefer KHI over KHII and I dislike KH3D.

Scala ad Caelum
    Registered
    Jan 2013

I think that Bambi would be a great world for KH3. I also think that Coded is unengaging and dull.

Registered
    Jun 2015
    None

Wait, I thought liking Re:coded was an unpopular opinon. 'Cause I genuinely enjoyed that game!

Unversed
    Registered
    Oct 2013
    None

Ok, here's a confession. Aside from DDD which I haven't played, Days is the only KH game I've never completed. I got about halfway through it, and was so damn bored I couldn't go on. I don't know what Coded did to keep me going, but even that I played to the end.

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast