Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register


REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    The Lionheart lions's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,765
    Gender

    Default Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    Lots of new information coming out of Nintendo Power's recent article over Re:coded, where they do a short interview with Tetsuya Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 3D.

    Nintendo Power: We understand that Re:coded has a secret ending exclusive to the DS version of the game. Does that movie contain any hints regarding the direction of Kingdom Hearts 3D?
    Tetsuya Nomura: There is a hint regarding Kingdom Hearts 3D in the secret movie. Players will find out once they see for themselves, but the movie includes some shocking statements and dialogue that pertains to Kingdom Hearts 3D, so it's definitely worth watching!

    Where does Kingdom Hearts 3D fall in the series timeline?
    Kingdom Hearts 3D takes place after Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, making it the latest development in the Kingdom Hearts timeline.

    Will any new Disney worlds be making their first Kingdom Hearts appearance in Kingdom Hearts 3D? How about any new Disney or Square Enix characters?
    We're still deciding which worlds to include, but there may be a major overhaul in terms of the selection of Disney worlds.

    One of the most intriguing parts of the E3 trailer was when the sky starts raining Soras. Can you give us some hint as to what that represents?
    I can't go into detail on exactly what it represents, but it's basically a nod to the fact that something impossible may unfold, since it's not realistically possible for it to actually "rain Soras." The visual concept of falling is also an element I like to incorporate in the game.

    Which development team is working on Kingdom Hearts 3D?

    The development team that worked on Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

    Should fans of the series look at this as "Kingdom Hearts III"?
    Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts 3D are not the same. However, it is a brand-new adventure starring Sora and Riku. The story is on par with that of a numbered title, and I'm sure the ending will shock fans.

    Many of our readers are devoted Kingdom Hearts fans. (In fact, 358/2 Days won the readers' vote for Game of the Year in 2009.) Would you share with them some new tidbit regarding Kingdom Hearts 3D that you haven't mentioned anywhere else?

    There have been installments in which players returned to Disney worlds introduced in previous Kingdom Hearts titles, however, the catalog of Disney worlds will be almost completely renewed with Kingdom Hearts 3D. I do have some ideas in mind already, but please keep an eye out as we reveal which new worlds and characters will be making an appearance!

    source: http://heartstation.org/gallery/albu...%20010.png
    E3 Trailer: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Re:coded Trailer E3 2010
    Re:coded Secret Ending: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded Secret Ending English Subtitles

    Spoiler Spoiler: Now, for a bit of speculation on my part. . . Show
       

  2. #2
    is back? HeartSeams's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,758
    Gender

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lionheart View Post
    The story is on par with that of a numbered title, and I'm sure the ending will shock fans.
    Wonder if this will appease anyone or not.
    I hope this will make Allister shut up at least.

  3. #3
    The Superior Lanydx Lanydx reborn's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Wandering.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,802
    Gender

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    A shocking ending you say? I like.

  4. #4
    is back? HeartSeams's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,758
    Gender

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanydx reborn View Post
    A shocking ending you say? I like.
    I wonder if it will be actually shocking or like... "Birth By Sleep" shocking, where you already know everything.

  5. #5
    ✧ Radiance & Shadow ✧ Recon's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,934
    Gender

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    I just want a happy ending. Hope it isn't "Sora dies" shocking =/

  6. #6
    is back? HeartSeams's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,758
    Gender

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    Re:Coded had a happy ending and everyone seemed to hate it. No one wants happy, they want depressing

  7. #7
    Perfect Harmony
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia.
    Posts
    3,674
    Playing
    Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    My speculation: Similar to Mickey going on his quest in BBS as his form on a mark of mastery exam (at least I assume thats all he did though Mickey may of may not have done other tasks, the mission is the only currently known task he did for the mark of mastery), Yen Sid will send Riku and Sora on some sort of task through out KH universe as their test to obtain the title of master. Pretty obvious idea but eh.

  8. #8
    is back? HeartSeams's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,758
    Gender

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    My speculation: Similar to Mickey going on his quest in BBS as his form on a mark of mastery exam (at least I assume thats all he did though Mickey may of may not have done other tasks, the mission is the only currently known task he did for the mark of mastery), Yen Sid will send Riku and Sora on some sort of task through out KH universe as their test to obtain the title of master. Pretty obvious idea but eh.
    Kinda goes against Nomura saying that KH3D would break fans expectations of the series, and that it would develop the story in obscure ways and dreams and all of that.

  9. #9
    Prepared To Die Orion's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,384

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    My speculation: Similar to Mickey going on his quest in BBS as his form on a mark of mastery exam (at least I assume thats all he did though Mickey may of may not have done other tasks, the mission is the only currently known task he did for the mark of mastery), Yen Sid will send Riku and Sora on some sort of task through out KH universe as their test to obtain the title of master. Pretty obvious idea but eh.
    It would seem more in Nomura's style for him to have Riku succeed but Sora fail, but by the end, Sora the underdog hero, is left as the only one capable of saving anyone. Seems to me to be the exact sorta schtick Nomura would try pulling.

  10. #10
    Gold Member Memory Master's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,422

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    So KH3D is on the same level as a numbered title, guess we have another main game in the series. Ya know I understand why everyone wants to see KH3 (Including me) I mean it's the final battle between Sora and Xehanort, but people need to really stop complaining about this cause we're getting 2 main games already (BBS/KH0 and KH3D/KH2.5)

  11. #11
    Warrior of Light siegleeagle's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winchester, KY
    Age
    26
    Posts
    955
    Gender
    Playing
    Fatal Frame 3 The Tormented, Dragon Quest 6

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    I really really wan this game. It sounds like it will be fun.

  12. #12
    Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Marx15's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,160
    Gender
    Playing
    Pokemon X

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    It would seem more in Nomura's style for him to have Riku succeed but Sora fail, but by the end, Sora the underdog hero, is left as the only one capable of saving anyone. Seems to me to be the exact sorta schtick Nomura would try pulling.
    That really does, since Nomura has said that he wants Sora to be a regular boy that people could picture themselves as (or something like that), so saying "Oh Sora is a Keyblade Master" doesn't make him a regular boy anymore. (he's already not regular, what with the whole Ven situation and Having a Keyblade, but still).

    But for some reason, I can still see Sora passing and Riku failing. Only because I can see Riku end up all sad like Terra was, but not so sad as to give into darkness again...but if he thinks that's the power he needs again (for some odd reason), then by all means.

  13. #13
    Dream Eater swim126's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Watching the world kill itself. Delightful.
    Posts
    267
    Gender
    Playing
    Minecraft Beta

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    I see the data that AtW hid in Sora playing a big role in this game.
    If you remember back to Nomura's Developer's Interview in Re:Coded ultimania, you will remember:

    If you look back in the past titles, weren’t you always fighting some form of Xehanort? As Ansem, as Xemnas, and as Master Xehanort, his form is different in each time and there is a reason why he appears differently each time. Don’t you suppose that it’s going to influence the future?

    Could the data from AtW's research (which we can deduce was about the heart) pertain to a possibility that Xehanort will reappear in multiple forms? And at that, who/what will be the final boss of 3D?

  14. #14
    The Lionheart lions's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,765
    Gender

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    I think that if this game lives up to this interview, we won't be disappointed.

    but of course, I'm skeptical :/

  15. #15
    A traveler Relix's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,902
    Gender

    Default Re: Nintendo Power Nomura Interview

    I just don't want to get overhyped like I did for BBS. This game does look like it has some really good promise though. In the interview Nomura also emphasized "falling". What do you think that means?

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •