Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
    *manly grunting noises* FudgemintGuardian's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Unchained X[chi]

Default Sudden anxiety about

I just need to get this out of my system more.

So last night after 10pm, and I don't why I started thinking about it, but all of a sudden I thought about how that some day I'll die. That one day I'll just...not be anymore. Now it's not like I've never thought this before, but those times I didn't really feel anything about it, but now it's like it suddenly hit me and it scared me. I talked with my parents about how I was and they comforted me, which helped. I did need to take some anxiety medicine of mine so I could sleep and I felt completely fine today until this afternoon when the thoughts and anxiety hit again. This time I was even in tears, crying in my parents' arms about the whole thing. We talked more and I think letting it all out really helped me, and I'm also gonna get checked up to see if my sudden anxiety might be caused by some sort of imbalance.

But uh, yeah. I'm not usually like this and I thought talking about it to the world would help ease my anxiety. (This and talking with my parents did make me feel much better.)

Registered
    Jul 2016
    KHuX NA/JP, Persona 5, FFXIV:ARR

Default Re: Sudden anxiety about

An app called "S.A.M" exists. Use that for some help with anxiety, at least to a certain extent.

And remember, you can always talk about it.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Unchained X[chi]

Quote Originally Posted by Luxu View Post
    An app called "S.A.M" exists. Use that for some help with anxiety, at least to a certain extent.

And remember, you can always talk about it.
    I'll look into that. Thanks.

Registered
    Jun 2015
    definitely no school anymore, yo

Are you very stressed or (maybe unknowingly) unhappy with how your everyday life is going lately? I know that I get these thoughts whenever I ask myself what I even do with my life and why, and when I'm kinda uncontent with my own life choices.
    Maybe somewhere inside you think that you're not living your life to the fullest and that leaves you scared of dying one day.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    PoKéMoN SUPER Mystery Dungeon

I would advise sitting down with a professional (psychologist). I went through the same thing, but years ago, and I alone managed to cope with the idea of dying. In your case, I'd advise going to a psychologist. There's no shame in it, and it doesn't mean your case is grave. It just means that you're consulting a professional. Sometimes talking isn't enough. Sometimes talking with someone you know that you're going through is better.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Unchained X[chi]

Quote Originally Posted by VoidGear. View Post
    Are you very stressed or (maybe unknowingly) unhappy with how your everyday life is going lately? I know that I get these thoughts whenever I ask myself what I even do with my life and why, and when I'm kinda uncontent with my own life choices.
    Maybe somewhere inside you think that you're not living your life to the fullest and that leaves you scared of dying one day.
    You might be right that I could be subconsciously unhappy with my life. I'll admit that I feel like I haven't done much with my life so far. It's kind of strange in a way in that, I've felt that way before but actually being stressed about it is only a recent thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    I would advise sitting down with a professional (psychologist). I went through the same thing, but years ago, and I alone managed to cope with the idea of dying. In your case, I'd advise going to a psychologist. There's no shame in it, and it doesn't mean your case is grave. It just means that you're consulting a professional. Sometimes talking isn't enough. Sometimes talking with someone you know that you're going through is better.
    I might need to if things get worse. After the cry I had with my parents that I mentioned earlier, I felt better and felt like some weight was lifted. But of course, I won't know how I'm like tomorrow until tomorrow. One thing that might be a possibility with me is that my body might be out of whack. I've been doing more work lately, and I don't think I've been having as much sugar as I usually do (I've also suddenly stopped having caffeinated soda.) So it's possible the anxiety is from these and my thoughts of death didn't so much trigger the anxiety but was, how to put it, saying a result of it doesn't sound right, but like it was the last straw?

So I want to see if it's more a medical thing than a psychological thing first.

I walked the Road to Dawn Howler's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2016
    My clarinet in Marching Band practice

Looking for help from others is great, especially to someone who has anxiety attacks sometimes like me. Usually try to keep your mind busy to prevent having the thought forming. Try to socialize with people who make you comfortable like as you said your parents, try to do activities to where your focus can be put on and have the activities be comfortable for you and enjoyable, not stressful. If matters get worse, then looking to a professional maybe a good solution like what Ballad said. I hope this helps in some way.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    PoKéMoN SUPER Mystery Dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by FudgemintGuardian View Post
    You might be right that I could be subconsciously unhappy with my life. I'll admit that I feel like I haven't done much with my life so far. It's kind of strange in a way in that, I've felt that way before but actually being stressed about it is only a recent thing.

I might need to if things get worse. After the cry I had with my parents that I mentioned earlier, I felt better and felt like some weight was lifted. But of course, I won't know how I'm like tomorrow until tomorrow. One thing that might be a possibility with me is that my body might be out of whack. I've been doing more work lately, and I don't think I've been having as much sugar as I usually do (I've also suddenly stopped having caffeinated soda.) So it's possible the anxiety is from these and my thoughts of death didn't so much trigger the anxiety but was, how to put it, saying a result of it doesn't sound right, but like it was the last straw?

So I want to see if it's more a medical thing than a psychological thing first.
    True. It could just be your body adapting. And remember, sometimes your thoughts aren't necessarily yours. Sometimes the mind creates thoughts you know you wouldn't even think of. Just try to stay distracted. :)

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Unchained X[chi]

To give a small update, I was able to have tests done yesterday. I've apparently have gotten a bladder and stomach infection, and am now on medicine for that. My anxiety has been down since Sunday but still pops up occasionally.

I walked the Road to Dawn Howler's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2016
    My clarinet in Marching Band practice

Quote Originally Posted by FudgemintGuardian View Post
    To give a small update, I was able to have tests done yesterday. I've apparently have gotten a bladder and stomach infection, and am now on medicine for that. My anxiety has been down since Sunday but still pops up occasionally.
    Infection? Aw. Sorry to hear about that Fudge, least you are on medication. :(
    Good that your anxiety hasn't been constant, hopefully it'll decrease more and more over time.
    Just let us know if you have any problems, we are here to listen. :)

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Unchained X[chi]

Quote Originally Posted by Howler View Post
    Infection? Aw. Sorry to hear about that Fudge, least you are on medication. :(
    Good that your anxiety hasn't been constant, hopefully it'll decrease more and more over time.
    Just let us know if you have any problems, we are here to listen. :)
    Thank you.

Hopefully it will. At the moment, while I'm having a minor nervous-ish feeling, this is the best I've been since this all happened. Still not all that great, but it's something.

Registered
    Jun 2008

jesus, an infection? that might be affecting your mental state somewhat, not to say its causing your anxiety but it could be worsening it. has anything like this ever happened to you before? if you ever want to talk, privately or otherwise, just to vent ot whatever, i'm here for you.

Registered
    Dec 2015

Sounds like a panic attack. Those suck to go through, but at least you have a support system. If it spirals out of control into an existential crisis don't try to suppress it or try to hold it down, cause the pressure of doing that could stress you out more and it'll come out anyway. If it gets to that point don't hesitate to talk it out with family/friends/therapists and know it's not weird or crazy; it hits everyone eventually in life and it's possible to get through it.
    Last edited by redcrown; August 16, 2017 at 01:41 AM.

Keyblade Master DarkGrey Heroine's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2015
    FFXV main game, Episode Prompto, A King's Tale, AC Revelations

Ah, Fudge, I didn't know this... I really hope the infection will go away and you will heal emotionally too.
    Two years ago... well... two years ago my state was, to say the least, bad. What Void said applies, the thing about unknowingly being not quite happy or ok with/in your life. That was one of the things that led to constant anxiety and panic attacks, but simultaneously it was all tied to and aggravated by my health which I neglected. Me too, I had certain problems with my stomach and it took almost an entire winter to heal. The... most painful winter back then. Physical health is imo without a doubt connected to emotional stability and it takes strength of will to recover your peace in times of illness or physical weakness. Strength of will which I am sure you have in you. You discovered the health problems in time, you say, you are lucky to have supporting and understanding parents and you are a lovely person yourself, the thing that remains, if you ask me, is recovery from the infection, healthy talks with people you feel comfortable with (the positivity helps so much!) and also time. Please give yourself time to understand your reactions, emotions, fears or doubts or whatever you carry inside and shows up from time to time, in the end I promise the anxiety and the fear will turn into understanding of your very self.
    I... speak from personal experience... hah...
    ..cuz often two situations are tangent in certain points every now and then...
    Back then I refused to go to a psychologist, it was my own decision because I was stubborn, down, discouraged, disgusted by myself and infinitely angry at myself, but said to myself that I don't break that easily and that I am stronger than this. I must be. Even though everything around and inside me terrified me to death and the pain... the ... instability... .... woa, nice try, Darkness.... nice try.
    Sometimes I am still terrified by 17p.m. Yes, a certain hour in which usually the worst of my anxiety manifested regularly. It was... suffocating. In all ways.
    A....so yes, I made it through on my own. I need to be in control of who I am...fully... It just mattered to me to do it on my own.
    Last edited by DarkGrey Heroine; August 16, 2017 at 06:28 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Unchained X[chi]

Quote Originally Posted by Chuman View Post
    jesus, an infection? that might be affecting your mental state somewhat, not to say its causing your anxiety but it could be worsening it. has anything like this ever happened to you before? if you ever want to talk, privately or otherwise, just to vent ot whatever, i'm here for you.
    Do you mean have I had an infection before or anxiety (or this whole situation?) Well, I've never had an infection before. I've always been pretty healthy save for having an appendectomy when I was a young teen (and that whole thing was hell to go through), and as for the other two, I don't know about anxiety but I have gotten panic attacks do to sudden, unexpected, loud noises in the past, and the situation that started this thread has never happened before.

Thanks for being there for me, Chuman.

Quote Originally Posted by redcrown View Post
    Sounds like a panic attack. Those suck to go through, but at least you have a support system. If it spirals out of control into an existential crisis don't try to suppress it or try to hold it down, cause the pressure of doing that could stress you out more and it'll come out anyway. If it gets to that point don't hesitate to talk it out with family/friends/therapists and know it's not weird or crazy; it hits everyone eventually in life and it's possible to get through it.
    Thank you. I know having all that bottled up won't help me, and...heck, I don't think I even can suppress it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGrey Heroine View Post
    Ah, Fudge, I didn't know this... I really hope the infection will go away and you will heal emotionally too.
    Two years ago... well... two years ago my state was, to say the least, bad. What Void said applies, the thing about unknowingly being not quite happy or ok with/in your life. That was one of the things that led to constant anxiety and panic attacks, but simultaneously it was all tied to and aggravated by my health which I neglected. Me too, I had certain problems with my stomach and it took almost an entire winter to heal. The... most painful winter back then. Physical health is imo without a doubt connected to emotional stability and it takes strength of will to recover your peace in times of illness or physical weakness. Strength of will which I am sure you have in you. You discovered the health problems in time, you say, you are lucky to have supporting and understanding parents and you are a lovely person yourself, the thing that remains, if you ask me, is recovery from the infection, healthy talks with people you feel comfortable with (the positivity helps so much!) and also time. Please give yourself time to understand your reactions, emotions, fears or doubts or whatever you carry inside and shows up from time to time, in the end I promise the anxiety and the fear will turn into understanding of your very self.
    I... speak from personal experience... hah...
    ..cuz often two situations are tangent in certain points every now and then...
    Back then I refused to go to a psychologist, it was my own decision because I was stubborn, down, discouraged, disgusted by myself and infinitely angry at myself, but said to myself that I don't break that easily and that I am stronger than this. I must be. Even though everything around and inside me terrified me to death and the pain... the ... instability... .... woa, nice try, Darkness.... nice try.
    Sometimes I am still terrified by 17p.m. Yes, a certain hour in which usually the worst of my anxiety manifested regularly. It was... suffocating. In all ways.
    A....so yes, I made it through on my own. I need to be in control of who I am...fully... It just mattered to me to do it on my own.
    Sweetie... I'm so sorry to hear what happened. I wish I had more to say, but thank you for sharing your experience with me.