Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Can I still wait for you? Ultima Star's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2006
    Persona 5

Default Materia Vs. GF Vs Aeons

From these three types of summons which one do you prefer? I think that Materia is cool but you waste your MP and the number of time you can call them is limited, and GF's take too long to show up and Aeons they die and you cannot summon them again.
    But I had to choose I would go with Aeons because they're very powerful.
    What do you guys think?

taa
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    Default Re: Materia Vs. GF Vs Aeons

aeons all the way!!!!!!!!

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER Nebula Zero's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2005
    Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy

Materia. Why? Knights of the Round Summon.

Debate over.

Registered
    Jul 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Lost View Post
    Materia. Why? Knights of the Round Summon.

Debate over.

winner. but really, just link the knights of the round summon with an mp absorb materia, and also have w-summon and mime and you cannot be defeated. this way, you can cast the summon twice, regain your mp every time, and also repeat it forever.

Can I still wait for you? Ultima Star's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2006
    Persona 5

How can you do ALL THAT I cannot even find the knights of round and you can repeat it forever?!! please how in the world are you suppose to do that?

Registered
    Apr 2007

I would go with GF's. Aeons are cool too though.

Registered
    Jul 2005

Quote Originally Posted by foreverkingdom View Post
    How can you do ALL THAT I cannot even find the knights of round and you can repeat it forever?!! please how in the world are you suppose to do that?
    alright, here's where i can shine.

to get the knights of the round materia, you need to obtain a gold chocobo by carefully breeding the right chocobos. the knights of the round summon materia is on a small island, covered by mountains in the upper right hand corner of the world map.

you can link the knights of the round materia with the mp absorb materia, which is obtainable by going to Wutai (sp?) and completing the yuffie quest....or by going into the cat house after the yuffie quest, i can't remember. the amount of damage done by the attack is proportional to the amount of mp you get back, meaning knights of the round will get you ALL of your mp back.

next, have the w-summon materia, which can be obtained in the battle arena at the gold saucer by getting many points. this causes you to use the summon twice.

next, you can get the mime materia by having a chocobo that can climb a mountain (green, black, or gold) and go to a cave near wutai (again sp?). this will allow you to mimic the previous action.

by mastering at least two of the mimes, meaning you have three (which you can easily get ap by tossing elixirs at these purple guys in pots at the northern crater in disk 3).

with 3 ppl with the mime materia, one person uses w-summon, knights of the round (which is linked to the mp absorb). after two knights of the round, the next person uses mime, and the two knights of the round happens again, as long as you keep using the mime command.

therefore, you are invincible, except for emerald weapon who can do 9,999 damage to all of your characters. but then again, that's what final attack linked to phoenix is there for.

therefore, materia wins

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Disgaea 3, inFamous, Tactics Ogre LUCT

In terms of summoning, Aeons were perfect. They were how summoning should be done. Materia Summonings and GF's were just glorified spells.

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER Nebula Zero's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2005
    Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy

But you can't deny the fact that Knights of the Round is by far one of the most powerful summon in FF history. And with the combo Cid provided, its a sure thing. But, don't all summonings technically count as spells? Summonings altogether are basically a different form of magicks compared to normal. Those who summon either use an item that serves as a conduit for the summon(Knights of the Round Materia), or the person is a mage who has experience with using their body and spirit as a conduit to summon.(Yuna, FFX).

Registered
    Apr 2006

In terms or story, you're right there. But in gameplay mechanics, the summons in all FFs before 10, the summonings all turn turn up, attack, then clear off again. Same principle as a spell.

Tragic Fall

GF because boost plus Eden equals domination.

Registered
    Apr 2006

I've never tried to use Eden seriously. The summoning takes so very long I don't bother.

Registered
    Apr 2006

Dont' Gfs cause memory loss as well? I may not be remembering correctly. Lol.
    Irony.

Registered
    Apr 2007
    Resistance 2 / FiFA 11

Quote Originally Posted by Cid Highwind View Post
    winner. but really, just link the knights of the round summon with an mp absorb materia, and also have w-summon and mime and you cannot be defeated. this way, you can cast the summon twice, regain your mp every time, and also repeat it forever.
    Of course i mean GFs took to long to summon and Aeons i really didnt care for. I mean Knights of the rd and mimic when mastered nothing stops you. You can make the hardest battle seem like childs play.

Registered
    Jul 2005

Quote Originally Posted by ryoji1337 View Post
    Dont' Gfs cause memory loss as well? I may not be remembering correctly. Lol.
    Irony.
    yeah, im pretty sure that's right. i think that's why squall, quistis, zell, irvine, and selphie couldn't remember each other from their childhood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast