Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I would kill for you <3 Angel Shards's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2004
    None

Default Gone under the knife

Well, yesterday you guys wouldn't believe what I did. Yup. I went under the knife. Meaning, I got surgery done. On my ears. Why?

When I was born I had monkey ears (I call them monkey ears because they stick out a bit) and they have been really bugging the hell out of me. So, we scheduled an appointment to get them sewn to my head. And well... there you go. My operation was yesterday. I was sorta scared, actually, and I almost started crying (hate needles, you see). They put me to sleep, which was real weird, and when I woke up I had a bandaged wrapped around my head. So now I look like a mummy and I can't take it off 'til Saturday.

The left side of my neck is swollen, and my ears wont stop throbbing. It hurts, and I have to take pain killers every fews hour. Gah. Was it worth it? We'll see Saturday ^_^

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}. Alaude Drenxta's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Watch Dogs

Default Re: Gone under the knife

O_o You had surgery becuase you thought your....ears....were too big? O_o

Of all the things to have surgery on she staples her ears to her head. Why? I doubt they were THAT big. Ah well, do as you will. Hopefully it will be worth it :p

Registered
    Dec 2004
    None

Oh, I tell you my ears were horrible. My left one looked like it was going to fall of my head @_@

Registered
    Aug 2005

HAHA! Monkey ears!

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Street Fighter, Persona 4

You should have just saved on the whole go to the doctor and get them sewn to my head thing and just went to Home Depot and have them power staple them to your head. XD Well I hope you like them and they dont cause problems like those girls with teh fake boobs and crap like that. Maybe you could show a pic like a before and after sorta thing.. XD.

MegaFlare

How long were you 'under the knife' ? ;-;

Registered
    Sep 2004

Its sad that you couldn't live with who you were and what you looked like. But I hope it was worth it.

Registered
    Dec 2004
    None

lol, no silly Hokage-billy. If I did that then OHIP wouldn't have covered it. I didn't have to pay a dime for my surgery. Yay for OHIP in Canada!

I was "under the knife" for about 1.5 hrs, Flare.

Rose, the thing is I couldn't stand the way they looked. I was always fearful of putting my hair up because of the way they looked. It's hard for people who are not in my position to understand why I got it done becuase they didn't have to live with the damned things for 17 years and have people make fun of you. You know? It is worth it, but right now my ears are so damn sore. Meh.

Registered
    Feb 2005

Aww!!! Poor KS!!

*Gives her a Choc. Cookie*

Registered
    Dec 2004
    None

O_O

I think I might have accidently ripped out a part of one of my stitches.... shit.

Registered
    Aug 2004

I wonder how you hear..

When I was born my mom took me to the doctor for..eh, certain things, and the doctors said it was fine, but they would do the operation if needed, but they then offered to pin my ears back because they stuck out. My mom was offended that someone didn't think her baby was fine. <<;;

I don't mind them now, so yeah. Anyways, hope they look okay and not..fake. They aren't really fake, but still, hope you get the idea.

Ryu
    Registered
    Jan 2004

I wouldn't know what it's like, but I can somewhat understand why you wanted to have it done. One of my ears stands out a little bit, but it doesn't bug me too much. My grandfather has the same, so it's a family-treat kind of thing. Meh, I hope you'll like the end result.

MegaFlare

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu
    I wouldn't know what it's like, but I can somewhat understand why you wanted to have it done. One of my ears stands out a little bit, but it doesn't bug me too much. My grandfather has the same, so it's a family-treat kind of thing. Meh, I hope you'll like the end result.
    <3 My sis has the same prob as you. One ear is different from the other. On first glance, you can't tell. Actually, you really can't tell unless you already know and are looking for it, then it's obvious. It definitely shows in a couple of her kid pics. lmao xP It's kinda cute though.

Anyway, 1.5 hours is short x_X I can understand why you had it done though, if I were in your place, I'd want to go 'under the knife' too. Post up what your final results look like. o.o

Registered
    Jul 2005
    MR CHIN'S GREASY MSG BUFFET

Yeah, the knife blows. Hope everything turns out all right.

I've had two cases under the knife. When I was but a year old, my parents noticed a bump on my head near my temple. It turns out it was a cyst, and was removed. I now have a scar near my left temple as a result of the operation.

My second operation was just a removal of my wisdom teeth. To my surprise, it really wasn't all that bad. The doc said he used a new type of anesthetic, and it really did the job well. It was still a pain in the arse, but the pain was a lot more bearable.

MegaFlare

My second operation was just a removal of my wisdom teeth. To my surprise, it really wasn't all that bad. The doc said he used a new type of anesthetic, and it really did the job well. It was still a pain in the arse, but the pain was a lot more bearable.
    Eek, everyone told me those operations are painful. I won't ever have to worry about getting wisdom teeth removed. :P I was missing two teeth in the back of my mouth, so my wisdom teeth on the top of my mouth took the place off of them. And my lower wisdom teeth are positioned so that they'll never really grow in. No wisdom worries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast