Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Registered
    Mar 2018
    GoW4

Default Re: The Rant Thread. Need to blow off a little steam? Let's hear it.

Why can't women's non-bikini swimsuits come with built in bra padding? It's annoying as hell dealing with the removable pads. Like, you wash it and they either fold or come out. Then putting them back in is a pain in the ass too. You end up spending 10 minutes trying to cram and unfold a tiny pad so they can constantly move when you move. It's annoying. Very annoying.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    "I have no time for things that have no soul"
    Album: K.Flay Seattle Sessions

I remember when the homeless used to ask you for a dollar. Now the mothadiddlyas ask you for five. I'm broke too man, chiiiiiiiiiiiid.

I mean, get that narcissists aren't well received, but a mentality vs a natural personality is usually the distinction. People that carry more self-importance, and better self-esteem generally are happier and are going to see more success than one who is always putting someone or something else in front of themselves. Not saying you shouldn't doormat yourself, which basically that. (putting people and things ahead of you and your minute to minute situations) From a "survival of the fittest"-esque dogma, if you're not properly investing in yourself and building your tools to get ahead, you're largely going to be unhappy and unsuccessful depending on the placement of your resources and merits. So while vanity can be a bad thing, context matters, the long-term of that behavior matters, it doesn't take away from the fact we can't stand certain types of people, but theirs advantages to conducting yourself in a certain way and thats all I'm trying to get yall to understand lol.

Other stuff? Yeah. Kinda miss the older community on this forum, it's largely why i've dropped off in actual activity and been more on the side of lurking a few times a week, sometimes less than. I've dedicated a little more time to hunting down some of the older members for IRL meets. Lets just say, theres been major success in the last two years ;)

I'm an actual activist. Mainly for BLM, the LGBTQ community, and those with Inabilities/Handicaps. I'm kinda on the fence about supporting 3rd wave feminists even as journalist because most of the ones i've dealt with don't know dick about previous waves, the actual laws, and are core on social-issues which to me are purely surface and don't drastically impact the deeper rooted issues that are institutionalized.

Pyro with a Keyblade KingdomKey's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2010

Toxic fandoms.

It honestly amazes me how bad it can be. Last night, I saw one of my favorite authors get accused of threatening someone about god only knows what. And this was over a statement about a television show ending that the author has little to zero power over; and was asked by the producers to show this statement on twitter. But television shows end based on ratings or money. Anyways, this person decides she wants to hurt herself over the show ending, then proceeds to post awhile later on her twitter that she turned herself into the police and went to a hospital for help. Then takes this to the extreme by basically saying this author threatened her along with the producers. When this author was at some kind of con during all of this, and has no idea she even exists. I'm frustrated by this kind of mentality, and it is everywhere. I want to go on this persons twitter, and tell the people following her how gullible they all are for believing in lies with no proof of this happening within 24 hours. Or how she really needs therapy and supervision. The fact that she wanted to hurt herself, which is no laughing matter, should show that she is in need of professional and medical help to the people who follow her. I just don't understand why people are like this. Or where this toxic mentality comes from. Or why they think it's okay to do something like this. Or why people buy into these kind of lies without proof and encourage her and start talking badly about people who create things.

I just needed to rant about this. -_-

Registered
    Aug 2017
    Rocket League, Ni no Kuni 2, Ys VIII, Digimon World, Pokemon Go

Quote Originally Posted by Dari View Post
    Other stuff? Yeah. Kinda miss the older community on this forum, it's largely why i've dropped off in actual activity and been more on the side of lurking a few times a week, sometimes less than. I've dedicated a little more time to hunting down some of the older members for IRL meets. Lets just say, theres been major success in the last two years ;)
    I'm not trying to be unnecessarily curious but since I've read this statement for a few times from different users now, I'd love to know what exactly everyone means by that. I've been here for a year now, so I don't know which part of the community is considered "the older community", but I'd like to know what exactly made them different than the actual one. I'm just curious, feel free to dismiss my question if you don't like to answer. I've been a member of a few forums in the past and KHI is the only one I'm currently active on so I don't have many communities to compare with this one and up to now, I'd always thought that it was kinda normal, having some cool dudes and dudettes and some who you don't get along with so well. Kinda being a part of the "new community" that is obviously not so well-liked as the older one, I'd be interested in what to improve as a member and maybe in the community as a whole.

Registered
    May 2014
    KH 1.5 + 2.5

Sometime I hate myself because I don't make decisive decisions. I'm always confuse in my life. I don't even know what's my real passion. I feel like I'm not good at anything. This long-time dream of mine will never be real. I'll be going to college next year and I'm still confuse as hell. Even if I said to my family that "I wanted that course" "Yeah that course is perfect for me" deep inside, I'm not 100% of it. Oh and I think I won't be getting that scholarship because I didn't reach the required grade.

Also, don't you dare bring me down just because I'm studying in a non-popular school. The reason why I left YOUR school because I was bullied and criticized by my former classmates and teachers. So keep your pride down, your school was not that GOOD, it's not even a famous university so shut up. It's only a Catholic based school so shut up.

Registered
    Aug 2017
    Rocket League, Ni no Kuni 2, Ys VIII, Digimon World, Pokemon Go

Quote Originally Posted by assassin-kawaii View Post
    Sometime I hate myself because I don't make decisive decisions. I'm always confuse in my life. I don't even know what's my real passion. I feel like I'm not good at anything. This long-time dream of mine will never be real. I'll be going to college next year and I'm still confuse as hell. Even if I said to my family that "I wanted that course" "Yeah that course is perfect for me" deep inside, I'm not 100% of it. Oh and I think I won't be getting that scholarship because I didn't reach the required grade.

Also, don't you dare bring me down just because I'm studying in a non-popular school. The reason why I left YOUR school because I was bullied and criticized by my former classmates and teachers. So keep your pride down, your school was not that GOOD, it's not even a famous university so shut up. It's only a Catholic based school so shut up.
    I'm sorry to hear all that, maybe it provides a little help if I tell you that you are not alone with this? I recently received my Bachelor degree and I applied for a Masters at an university which only takes a few people and got approved, so I'll be moving in less than two weeks and continue studying the things I always wanted to do. This is the exact thing I wanted just two months ago, in the exact city where I wanted to go, I got a nice, affordable apartment, the university has really good reviews and everything sounds great. Now I sit here and wait for the inevitable and feel unsure all day if I made the right decision, if I'm even good enough for this, if I even have talent at anything - I'm kinda good at writing and at leading people and I'm kinda creative, but that's probably the most outstanding thing about me. So, I think I can understand you well, so let me tell you this: Don't let it get you down when you're unsure about something. Even if it might turn out that what you decided for is what you wanted it to be, it's still much better to have made a decision than having done nothing and wondered how it might have been. I'm sure you're good at something, it's not always something outstanding, sometimes it's something in your personality (maybe you're especially kind and understanding) or it's something you get really good at through passion and hard work, but don't give up. It's not a bad thing to have doubts, it means you're realistic with the good and bad sides of what you're doing and that's heavily underestimated nowadays. I'm sure you can make your dream come true - my dream is becoming a game designer, I'd love to design video games or escape rooms which is not really a big thing where I come from, so it's not really a dream to come true in the next few years - just take one step at a time and see where it leads you, if it really leads you nowhere, there might still be another way to make it come true or you can pursue another dream first and get back to it later. I wish you all the best!

Registered
    Mar 2018
    GoW4

It baffles me how dishonest people can be at times. A few weeks ago, somebody stole my 3DS. I’m just kind of angry, sad, and confused as to why somebody would take stuff from others.

Edit: someone found the 3DS and got it back to me, but the dishonesty thing still stands as many others don't get as lucky as I did.
    Last edited by Meow Wow; September 18, 2018 at 04:35 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456