Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
    حلم في الصباح
    Registered
    Mar 2006
    Uncharted 3, Revelations

Default Only In America...

1. Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America......do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America.....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

11. Only in America......can a homeless combat veteran live in a cardboard box and a draft dodger live in the White House. (This was popular when Clinton was in office)

Again i didn't write this....but i liked it
    Last edited by Virus; June 3, 2008 at 08:25 PM.

Bronze Member
    Registered
    Aug 2007
    On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest to arive

Default Re: Only In America...

Registered
    Apr 2006
    You.

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post

2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America......do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America.....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

11. Only in America......can a homeless combat veteran live in a cardboard box and a draft dodger live in the White House. (This was popular when Clinton was in office)

Again i didn't write this....but i liked it
    hah............... why are we so.... like this?
    it's funny but sad at the same time.

Registered
    Dec 2007
    Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, rocking out to GirlDeMo at night.
    Wild Arms 2

Sad but true. A pizza place delivered our pizza to us from the other side of town in about 35 minutes, but an ambulance closer to me took an hour to get there when my hand was bleeding, by which time I was just taken to the hospital anyway. Fun.

Dad
    Registered
    Jun 2004

This is not MySpace. Stop posting this shit.

Registered
    Mar 2005

there's worse shit in forum insanity than this.
    anyways I have always wondered about #10

Disjoin Remorse From Power risingfalls's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    It works b/c the word "diet" is in it.

Seriously. Let's keep the car out in the open, where all those nice thieves have a good view of it.

This is one is just a tragedy.

This is viable.

*facepalms

Armchair Administrator TheMuffinMan's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2005

Everything you listed is not "only in America". In fact, most of the things you listed are present in nearly every 1st world country on the planet.

I wish people would realize that self-deprecation is nearly as bad as raving fanatical patriotism.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    A Grand Journey

At my art school, there's brail beside the room numbers.

At my art school.

Where there is art.

That blind people can't see.
    ._.

Ah! I bet this one's only in America...can white people create an uproar over a Jewish man saying "******."

And the things with the hot dogs and the buns. That's just clever marketing. Get over it.

Registered
    Feb 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ojike View Post
    Ah! I bet this one's only in America...can white people create an uproar over a Jewish man saying "******."
    Is that Jewish man named Cosmo?

........................ Sir Willis's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    At my computer. How would I be on this forum if I wasn't in front of a monitor?

Hot dogs come in packages of ten because it's not uncommon for people to burn eight hot dogs, so the buns come in packages of eight in case the person who is cooking sucks.