Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    Trails in the Sky FC, Tales of Zestiria, Pokemon Glazed, Remember Me

Default Re: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - July 11th 2017

I never got to play IZJS but boy oh boy, would that speed option have been wonderful in vanilla. So glad they added it - I love exploring FFXII just as much as the next dude, but once you've seen an area a certain amount of times, it's nice to just speed through. Especially when you're just looking for treasure or doing hunts.

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

I always heard how vast (and long) the areas were to trudge through. I never got to play vanilla XII, so I suppose I will be missing out on all the 'work' Katano described. :}

Ugh, I really cannot wait to play this. I've still been tinkering on XV and various other newer games, that I haven't touched the KH or FFX remasters, but XII's will definitely take priority. I've been wanting to play it over a damn decade now.

Registered
    Jan 2014
    PoKéMoN SUPER Mystery Dungeon

It's good that SE is exploring past FF titles, seeing as how it might be good for the brainstorming phase of FINAL FANTASY XVI.

Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Persona 5

This literally looks like it's fixing every gripe I had with the original. I'm pretty excited for this!

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    It's good that SE is exploring past FF titles, seeing as how it might be good for the brainstorming phase of FINAL FANTASY XVI.
    I really hope this remaster is both well reviewed, received and sell a lot of copies. I get that it's not as popular as X, but I think that in general it's the best one to look to for inspiration on how to move the series forward.

Registered
    Apr 2007
    Trails in the Sky FC, Tales of Zestiria, Pokemon Glazed, Remember Me

FFXII vanilla is my personal favorite FF so maybe I'm just biased, but I'd definitely love to see the next mainline FF take inspiration from FFXII.

Registered
    May 2014
    KH 2.8, FFXV, KH 1.5+2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Re:Magnus View Post
    You can now pick two jobs per character. Once a license board has been complete, it will unlock a plus mode where you can add an addition job's license board. This means you can use all twelve jobs in a single playthrough now!
    I'm more excited about this than Vaan's abs, which never really bothered me. It's still a little limiting, but not nearly as much as losing out on half the jobs in each playthrough! I loved the freedom that the license board in vanilla XII gave me, and I was super worried about only having six jobs in this version.

Registered
    Aug 2007
    Persona 5

I think the feature I'm looking forward to the most is actually the fastforward option because I do recall the game feeling a bit slow so it's going to help the tediousness a bit.

Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Persona 5

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    I think the feature I'm looking forward to the most is actually the fastforward option because I do recall the game feeling a bit slow so it's going to help the tediousness a bit.
    The fastforwarding is going to be SOOOO nice for grinding. I have a PS2 save on my memory card where I have like, 14 hours in the beginning and still have only Vaan because for whatever reason I wanted to grind. To think my work from that time can now be doubled (not that I'll grind so much this time around, that was weird).

Registered
    May 2014
    KH 2.8, FFXV, KH 1.5+2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    The fastforwarding is going to be SOOOO nice for grinding. I have a PS2 save on my memory card where I have like, 14 hours in the beginning and still have only Vaan because for whatever reason I wanted to grind. To think my work from that time can now be doubled (not that I'll grind so much this time around, that was weird).
    I used the Dustia trick to level grind at the beginning, so I have a similar save file. Since we're talking about it, anyone want to discuss their favorite grinding spot in XII or leveling trick? Has anyone used the Negalmuur method? I never got the right gambits for it, but I've heard it's a good exploitation of the gambit system since it requires no effort when actually grinding.

Registered
    Sep 2014
    None

The best spot at the time for me was at the Henne Mines from the trail that leads you to the RNG Zodiac Spear treasure.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011