Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
    Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dissidia NT, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Default Re: Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT - Master Your Fate January 30 2018

Rinoa's moveset looks neat. A fine marksman I guess?

In contrast to the old Dissidia's I've noticed that in this game I almost suck with all characters that are not marksmen or have a certain gimmick like Bartz when the CPU difficulty is higher than Crystal.

In the old Dissidias, my main characters were Sephiroth, Golbez and Zidane, but in the new NT version my mains so far are Ace, Ultimecia, Terra, Emperor Mateus, Y'shtola and the Onion Knight (in Sage Mode).

I'm still interested in using Sephy, but getting his dash cancel gimmick right in a heated 3 vs 3 situation isn't easy.

Now Rinoa looks like she'd be my thing when looking at her moves.

---

Now the only remaining character of the initial six new ones I look forward to is Yuna.

I'm really zero interested in Snow, literally every other character from the XIII roster is more interesting with possible unique fighting styles, be it Fang, Sazh or Hope.

Karamellaut or whatever I don't know what to think about since I've zero experience with FF XI beyond what the old Dissidias already showed us with Shantotto and Prishe.

Zip
    Warrior of Light
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    Rinoa reveal in KH3 when?

If this ends up being her look for KH3, I just hope Nomura doesn’t put all the side characters in black with red plaid. We already have that aesthetic with HPO and I like that those three match. But I don’t want to see the same thing with the Radiant Garden crew/FF characters. I’d rather them have either a different color plaid that they all match with or unique colors for each of them.

But maybe Rinoa could be wearing this color scheme because she’ll appear in Twilight Town? It’s actually the world with the current majority of FF8 characters, so she wouldn’t be too out of place. Maybe she could reunite with Leon later on in the game.

Registered
    Dec 2009
    bbs

Rinoa reveal in KH3 when?

Thease models would fit fine in the engine would they not

Im hoping a whole batch of ff is available to make cameo and such I miss them

Silver Member OathkeeperRoxas XIII's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    KH series, FF Series, Pokemon Series, TOS2

Did NT do well in Arcades and PS4 or was it flop and it doesn't deserve to be a e-sports game

Just some friend of my friend saying, It's clear he doesn't like the the game or that it was doom to feel because it's limited edition is 39.99?

I've stayed much out of NT stuff that I didn't hear it wasn't fun it was a E-Sports game, I didn't even know if the game flopped or not or forcing it a e-sports game was bad or not, I wanted out the conversation and started to piss him off.
    Last edited by OathkeeperRoxas XIII; July 12, 2018 at 12:03 AM.

The Oracle is light everlasting Chaser's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    God of War, Yakuza 6, Detroit: Become Human, Dissidia Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by OathkeeperRoxas XIII View Post
    Did NT do well in Arcades and PS4 or was it flop and it doesn't deserve to be a e-sports game
    Where the PS4 version is failing, the arcade game is very successful and will carry the PS4 game through its life.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Where the PS4 version is failing, the arcade game is very successful and will carry the PS4 game through its life.
    And the E-Sports thing. I'd check what else he said because I wanted to leave the conversation after saying my part, I still probably pissed him off without meaning to
    Last edited by OathkeeperRoxas XIII; July 12, 2018 at 02:32 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2008

Well, I don’t follow the eSports scene so I have no idea if it is successful as an eSports game. There are constant tournaments with prize money though so it might be doing well.

I’m sorry, it’s hard to follow your post and the actual conversation you had with your friend but I hope knowing that there are on-going tournaments with prizes helps the conversation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, I don’t follow the eSports scene so I have no idea if it is successful as an eSports game. There are constant tournaments with prize money though so it might be doing well.

I’m sorry, it’s hard to follow your post and the actual conversation you had with your friend but I hope knowing that there are on-going tournaments with prizes helps the conversation.

He wasn't my friend, a friend of a friend, I just choose to drop the argument because I only wanted to comment about Rinoa, not NT being a flop and I pissed him off because I wanted to drop out of the talk

I only played the first two games, don't have a PS4 when the beta was a thing, and saw not much of NT to just judge it from what people I don't know say on the internet

but thank you Chaser, you made more sense than him, if he just said the arcade version was a success and the PS4 version was failing, it would made sense.

Registered
    May 2017
    KH2, KH DDD, KH BBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post

Now the only remaining character of the initial six new ones I look forward to is Yuna.

If the leak was true, which it looks like to be, then same.

I'm really zero interested in Snow, literally every other character from the XIII roster is more interesting with possible unique fighting styles, be it Fang, Sazh or Hope.
    Hope would've added a unique playstyle, whereabouts Snow is just going to be alike to Tifa and Prishe. Vanille would've been fantastic too.

So far we have :

FF 1 : Light Warrior, Garland
    FF2 : Firion, The Emperor
    FF3 : Onion Knight, Dark Cloud
    FF4 : Cecil Harvey, Kain Highwind, Golbez
    FF5 : Bartz Klauser, Exdeath, ( Gilgamesh yet to be announced )
    FF6 : Terra Branford, Locke Cole, Kefka
    FF7 : Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, ( Tifa yet to be announced ) Zack? ( was suggested )
    FF8: Squall Leonhart, Rinoa Heartilly, Ultimecia, ( Laguna Loire yet to be announced )
    FF9 : Zidane Tribal, Kuja
    FF10: Tidus, Jecht, Yuna ( coming soon )
    FF11: Shanlotto, Prishe ( yet to be announced ), FFXI villain ( coming soon )
    FF12 : Vaan, Vayne, Gabranth ( yet to be announced )
    FF13 : lightning/ Claire Farron, Snow Villiers ( ?)
    FF14: Y' Shtola
    FF15 : Prince Noctis

Rinoa means that it's possible that each FF could have to 4 characters each! Would love to have Rydia ( FF4), King Edgar (FF6), Aerith ( FF7), Vivi ( FF9), Auron ( FF10), Ashe ( FF12), Hope ( FF13) and Ignis (FF15)

Edit: Forgot about Ramza from FFT and Ace from Type 0.

Registered
    Feb 2008

They really need to improve their output with characters, stages, and whatnot. Two-three months between the announcement of a character/stage and when it’s available on PS4 is insane, especially since two days after announcement the character/stage is added to the arcade.

The Type-0 stage was announced a while ago and it’s not coming to PS4 until August. That makes no sense to me. Why does it take so long? They still get plenty of revenue in arcades and the stages are random so why the major delay?

And if they really want to get to 50 characters then they need to increase their output. In February 2019, they will have 35 characters in the game, 15 off their goal. That is incredibly low and they should be closer to the 50 characters goal (they shouldn’t stop at 50 either).

I do have to wonder what will happen with the stages after the Final Fantasy XV stage is added. Will they go about making second stages for games or will they dip into some other FF games that don’t have representation? Will there be a stage from FF Crystal Chronicles or World of Final Fantasy? Will they dip into some other Square Enix games and use stages from them for cross promotion e.g. a NieR stage or Dragon Quest (personally I hope not, keep it FF except for Sora :P).

The FF stage, at their schedule, should come in October or November so there’s time after its release to either have the people making the stages work on something new or have them help with making characters.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dissidia NT, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Quote Originally Posted by Pokie View Post
    If the leak was true, which it looks like to be, then same.

Hope would've added a unique playstyle, whereabouts Snow is just going to be alike to Tifa and Prishe. Vanille would've been fantastic too.

So far we have :

FF 1 : Light Warrior, Garland
    FF2 : Firion, The Emperor
    FF3 : Onion Knight, Dark Cloud
    FF4 : Cecil Harvey, Kain Highwind, Golbez
    FF5 : Bartz Klauser, Exdeath, ( Gilgamesh yet to be announced )
    FF6 : Terra Branford, Locke Cole, Kefka
    FF7 : Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, ( Tifa yet to be announced ) Zack? ( was suggested )
    FF8: Squall Leonhart, Rinoa Heartilly, Ultimecia, ( Laguna Loire yet to be announced )
    FF9 : Zidane Tribal, Kuja
    FF10: Tidus, Jecht, Yuna ( coming soon )
    FF11: Shanlotto, Prishe ( yet to be announced ), FFXI villain ( coming soon )
    FF12 : Vaan, Vayne, Gabranth ( yet to be announced )
    FF13 : lightning/ Claire Farron, Snow Villiers ( ?)
    FF14: Y' Shtola
    FF15 : Prince Noctis

Rinoa means that it's possible that each FF could have to 4 characters each! Would love to have Rydia ( FF4), King Edgar (FF6), Aerith ( FF7), Vivi ( FF9), Auron ( FF10), Ashe ( FF12), Hope ( FF13) and Ignis (FF15)

Edit: Forgot about Ramza from FFT and Ace from Type 0.
    Agreement on Hope, the mix of a mid-range boomerang and his magic could be translated into a rather intriguing unique playstyle, not to mention that adding Hope would also add finally someone about the similar age range to Onion Knight as he stands out as a little odd so far among all the older teens and adults.

As for the roster, I am certainly in favor of them possibly releasing the remaining characters from the old Dissidias (Gilgamesh, Tifa, Laguna, Prishe and Gabranth) as soon as possible.

If we talk 4 characters for each FF including Tactics and Type-0, that would make 68 characters total, way over the "initial" 50 they want to have in any case.

For FF I this is really hard to get because there aren't that many named or known characters with fitting roles in the first place. Princess Sarah maybe?

II already has some options as they could use the Dark Knight as another villain and one of Firion's companions.

For III Xande and Idk Refia?

IV definitely Rydia and possibly Yang.
    V, Faris, full stop.

VI has a huge roster to choose from and only one spot left, but I'd be inclined to include another female character.

Zack for VII would more or less only be a repeat of Cloud just like Snow is with Tifa and Prishe, so I'd opt for another representative for VII. Maybe Vincent as his transformations would really be something unique. Aerith would also be an idea as she already exists as an assist character in Duodecim, although she could possibly be too similar to Y'shtola.

For VIII definitely Quistis, if only because she can have a wonderful diverse playstyle with her whip plus blue magic.

As for IX, one should definitely be Beatrix, she's such a badass Paladin and so versatile it would be a shame not to use her. The second spot could go to either Vivi or Freya.

For X either Auron or Seymor, the latter being more interesting story wise as a direct opponent for Yuna.

I'll skip XI because I have no experience with it.

For XII I agree with Ashe, she'd be the ideal foil to Vayne.

XIV is also skipped because I've no experience with it.

For XV, I'd definitely say Ardyn and Aranea, with either Prompto or Ignis taking the second "Materia" spot.

For Type-0, I'd propose Deuce, Trey or Kurasame for the second "Materia" representative and Cid Aulstyne (possibly with Gala's/the Rursan Arbiters powers) and either Nimbus or Qun'mi for the "Spiritos" representatives.

Of Tactics again I am not knowledgeable enough to make proposals.

They really need to improve their output with characters, stages, and whatnot. Two-three months between the announcement of a character/stage and when it’s available on PS4 is insane, especially since two days after announcement the character/stage is added to the arcade.

The Type-0 stage was announced a while ago and it’s not coming to PS4 until August. That makes no sense to me. Why does it take so long? They still get plenty of revenue in arcades and the stages are random so why the major delay?

And if they really want to get to 50 characters then they need to increase their output. In February 2019, they will have 35 characters in the game, 15 off their goal. That is incredibly low and they should be closer to the 50 characters goal (they shouldn’t stop at 50 either).

I do have to wonder what will happen with the stages after the Final Fantasy XV stage is added. Will they go about making second stages for games or will they dip into some other FF games that don’t have representation? Will there be a stage from FF Crystal Chronicles or World of Final Fantasy? Will they dip into some other Square Enix games and use stages from them for cross promotion e.g. a NieR stage or Dragon Quest (personally I hope not, keep it FF except for Sora :P).

The FF stage, at their schedule, should come in October or November so there’s time after its release to either have the people making the stages work on something new or have them help with making characters.
    Full agreement with this one, the release schedule is really something to improve upon, especially when one takes into account their high goals concerning character numbers.

Second stages would be a neat thing, especially if they add some extra gimmicks to them.

For FF I to V I can already brainstorm ideas for second stages at a whim:

- i.e. Mt. Gulg for the original Final Fantasy, possibly even with lava patches on the floor which slightly damage (around 10 to 15 bravery every five seconds or so) characters standing in them and adding those to the stage bravery pool.

- The Dreadnought or the Cyclone for FF II

- Water Temple or Saronia for FF III

- Mount Ordeals or the Crystal Palace for FF IV

- Great Forest of Moore or Istory Falls for FF V

Registered
    May 2017
    KH2, KH DDD, KH BBS.

Zack for VII would more or less only be a repeat of Cloud just like Snow is with Tifa and Prishe, so I'd opt for another representative for VII. Maybe Vincent as his transformations would really be something unique. Aerith would also be an idea as she already exists as an assist character in Duodecim, although she could possibly be too similar to Y'shtola.
    Agree with you a lot, though I can see Zack coming in due to his massive popularity. Since the game is struggling, Zack could be coming next Season pass with Tifa.

For VIII definitely Quistis, if only because she can have a wonderful diverse playstyle with her whip plus blue magic.
    Quistis is out, unfortunately, unless they start adding in 5 characters per Final Fantasy or Laguna goes. Maybe they could include Galuf as a Blue Mage?

Registered
    Feb 2008

Here's a look at the 41 characters that will be added to the roster sometime in 2020 (new additions not in the base game have been bolded):

Spoiler Spoiler: Dissidia list Show

Registered
    May 2017
    KH2, KH DDD, KH BBS.

This leak may not become official though, people found Vivi information in the last Dissidia game. It could be just SE testing the waters, especially because Zack and Vivi are so popular.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

What's the point in adding Vivi? He'd just be another Shantotto. Granted, I'm not a big fan of FFIX but even I can see that the only correct choice for another rep is Beatrix! Like, how is that even a question?

The game also needs Ardyn.

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast