Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
    Registered
    Feb 2008
    Default Re: Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT - Master Your Fate January 30 2018

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Nice intro, certainly reminds one of the very first Dissidia and it also shows how chaotic a multi-way battle can be.
    I cracked up at the tiny Onion Knight facing off against the huge Exdeath.
    Ysh'tola's "not today, bitch" face at Ultimecia was something to take note of as well,
    also Ultimecia and Cloud of Darkness teaming up to increase their attack's power and then diddlying Shantotto interrupting them via fire spell from the side.

Although I do wonder a little concerning the new characters why Ramza and Ace aren't shown in a single scene yet Noctis gets a prominent show off.

Registered
    Apr 2016
    None

Oh yeah Sephiroth vs Savior Lightning !!! He is one the best sword character in SE history. Sep vs Cloud, Zack, Genesis, Squall, Lightning, Sora...

Registered
    Nov 2013
    Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post

I loved these! The opening was so freaking cool like holy heck.

And I love how Noctis is a bit of noob in this Dissidia thing since this is his first time, and the rest of FF-cast are veterans, helping him out. xD

Silver Member OathkeeperRoxas XIII's Avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    KH series, FF Series, Pokemon Series, TOS2

So it probably does come after the events of Dissidia And 012, I wonder how much they remember. For Lightning, she and her group well... Can I say 012 spoilers?

Registered
    Jun 2015
    trying to understand how the concept of "too much Supernatural" is supposed to work

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    Nice intro, certainly reminds one of the very first Dissidia and it also shows how chaotic a multi-way battle can be.
    I cracked up at the tiny Onion Knight facing off against the huge Exdeath.
    Ysh'tola's "not today, bitch" face at Ultimecia was something to take note of as well,
    also Ultimecia and Cloud of Darkness teaming up to increase their attack's power and then diddlying Shantotto interrupting them via fire spell from the side.

Although I do wonder a little concerning the new characters why Ramza and Ace aren't shown in a single scene yet Noctis gets a prominent show off.
    Well there goes the expected Noctis-push.
    It's weird that they're nowhere to be seen, but him getting some spotlight was expectable.

Registered
    Jul 2009

The opening movie is cool and flashy, but I wish they could slow down the action sequences. It's hard to follow. Dissidia and Duodecium opening movies show much better expose; not just in terms of combat, but what the characters look like.

I enjoyed "A Princely Welcome" more. No mention of Prompto makes me salty though.
    Last edited by Recon; December 6, 2017 at 05:02 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

Yeah it was way nice hearing them talk about the last war and Light and WoL greeting each other like friends. Glad we aren't doing more memory loss tbh.

Registered
    May 2017
    Tekken 7

Quote Originally Posted by Sora2016 View Post
    Yeah it was way nice hearing them talk about the last war and Light and WoL greeting each other like friends. Glad we aren't doing more memory loss tbh.

Always hated the memory loss in the original/s, it made some characters just feel.... off.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

Amnesia is probably the worst trope in Japanese games and anime.

Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

Quote Originally Posted by VoidGear. View Post
    Well there goes the expected Noctis-push.
    It's weird that they're nowhere to be seen, but him getting some spotlight was expectable.
    If I had to make a guess I'd say it may be because Ramza and Ace are not from mainline/"numbered" titles and thus don't get shown in the intro (or they only arrive in the Dissidia-universe later after the events shown in the intro), but then I noticed that Kain Highwind also seems to be missing, or did I just overlook him?

Perhaps, maybe it is because I still haven't yet even started to play FF XV that all the Noctis-focus only earns a sort of shoulder-shrug from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Re:Magnus View Post
    Amnesia is probably the worst trope in Japanese games and anime.
    If you use this trope once in a while it is fine, but some Japanese works tend to go way overboard with it (especially KH *cough*, but FF is also a repeated offender) and use it so often that it results more in annoyance and eye-rollling after a while.

It's also a somewhat cheap way to avoid having to explain more complex situations and keep a sort of "status quo" with the affected characters instead of developing them from their accumulated memories and experiences.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Dynasty Warriors 7: Special

does anyone have a HD quality of the Group pose around 0:34? Thanks

btw cant wait for this game this january!!!

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Mass Effect, Overwatch, Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    If I had to make a guess I'd say it may be because Ramza and Ace are not from mainline/"numbered" titles and thus don't get shown in the intro (or they only arrive in the Dissidia-universe later after the events shown in the intro), but then I noticed that Kain Highwind also seems to be missing, or did I just overlook him?

Perhaps, maybe it is because I still haven't yet even started to play FF XV that all the Noctis-focus only earns a sort of shoulder-shrug from me.

If you use this trope once in a while it is fine, but some Japanese works tend to go way overboard with it (especially KH *cough*, but FF is also a repeated offender) and use it so often that it results more in annoyance and eye-rollling after a while.

It's also a somewhat cheap way to avoid having to explain more complex situations and keep a sort of "status quo" with the affected characters instead of developing them from their accumulated memories and experiences.
    Im fairly sure Kain is missing as well...I hope that doesn't mean the three of them will be absent in the story? I unfortunately assumed all the DLC people would be already...which extra sucks since we are still missing people involved in the story previously. That would make Y'shtola and Noct the only two new people lol. Which sounds a little disappointing but oh well. We shall see.

And yea its the overuse of amnesia to rehash old plot points or keep from writing development that is truly the worse.

Registered
    Jun 2015
    trying to understand how the concept of "too much Supernatural" is supposed to work

So, uhm. There's this:
    Spoiler Spoiler Show

"God, these guys can't even warp? This'll take forever. I could be sleeping now."

Registered
    Jul 2009

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast