Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Registered
    Aug 2015
    FFXIV

Default Re: I like/dislike Final Fantasy ____ , and here's why:

I think my biggest beef is with the XIII trilogy. I guess the story and didn't really grab at me, and I wasn't a fan of the way they handled the battle system, nor did I like the designs. About the only thing I did like were the characters - however, I really didn't care much for Lightning even as the game progressed.

I kind of want to include FFVIII because there is a lot I don't like about it (the love story the took over the actual cool plot-lines, the secondary characters shoved into the background behind Squall and Rinoa, the junction and draw system), but there's also a lot I *do* like about it. So it's kind of love-hate on that front.

Registered
    Dec 2009

I started originally with XII, but really I couldn't get into the story. Now in the present, I can see where people could find something appealing about it (being more of a political storyline than personal), but I still don't find the story that interesting, enjoying the side quests than the main story. I need at least good story with characters I like to hold my interest.

A few years later, I bought a trio pack of VII, VIII, and IX. I did and still do enjoy IX. Of all of them, I've replayed IX most often with a good story, nice gameplay, and a setting ideal of a title called Final Fantasy. I really liked the ATE, adding a more cinematic feel to it.

VII was a decent game. I could get back to playing it in the future, but I do think it can be overrated (I just don't see why it needs all the sequels, prequels, movies, and tie-ins). As for VIII, I think it was okay, but the gameplay was a struggle to get use to. I nearly gave up on it in more than one occasion. And the storyline can sometimes get a little confusing to follow.

Earlier this year, I purchased IV, V, and VI. IV was a nice game. Very smooth story and gameplay with neat characters to keep me interested in it. VI is just fun in general. I like the backstory of most of the characters and the struggles the heroes go through and what they needed to fight on even after the big event leading to the final act of the game. As for V, I just got started on it, but I'm not impressed by it yet. I might need to play a little longer.

Dream Eater
    Registered
    May 2014
    None

I dislike Final Fantasy 12. The story and characters are so bland. The main protagonist is basically a watered-down Aladdin. I hate games that use auto-attack mechanics, and immediately when I encountered Yzamat I was like "Okay I'm done".

Registered
    May 2017
    KH2, KH DDD, KH BBS.

I don't really hate or dislike any of the mainline Final Fantasy games, though I did find Type 0 to be rather tedious and depressing just for the sake of being depressing.

Registered
    Mar 2008
    Playing
    Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

Summoning in Type 0 bothered me. It killed the character that summoned it, if I recall.
    Also if I recall, all the characters died quickly in combat, like throwing lemmings off a pit. It felt like "Why do I care?".

Unversed
    Registered
    Sep 2006

The only Final Fantasy game that really like so far is Final Fantasy XV. It is in fact the first Final Fantasy game that I actually played. The reason I like this one is because of the fact that you can move freely in battle so you can dodge and block enemy attacks. I sure would love to know when Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released because I heard that you can move freely in battle in this one too. I hope it will be released this year (same for KH3).

Nobody
    Registered
    May 2018
    RPG of any kind

@Reanbell I think the problem with late gen FFs (like after 10 say) was that the committee kind of got mixed up on a few things...

FF11 was an MMORPG and yet it had more of that classic world feel to it and I felt that THAT one should have been single player, while FF12 felt like it could have been more of an MMO and yet it was single player with an airy deserty feeling....

What FF13 had going for it was that it did return to a cinematic blockbuster film-like aesthetic, but then it was overly emotional. The music while beautiful was redudantly leading the tone and pace of the cutscenes and it felt like every ten minutes it was another sob story.

I'm not saying though it was bad, I really was rooting for FF13 and found a lot of things to enjoy in it.....but then FF14 comes out and then it's ANOTHER MMORPG. We are really in need of them bringing back a cinematic blockbuster single player feel to FANTASY universes with magic and mages and castles and all.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314