Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2610
    Registered
    Mar 2008
    Playing
    University. Or is it playing me?

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood - Coming early Summer 2017

Quote Originally Posted by LingeringVanitas View Post
    Still not 100% free. Being able to play a "trial" up until a certainly level is a insult. The game has been out long enough not to mention popular enough to make it 100% free. There is no excuse. I guess I continue my protest....because I REFUSE to pay for a subscription just to play a game.
    I kinda disagree. Free-to-play can be toxic. Dumb microtransactions put me off a lot of other games. diddly that. I like Subscription games, although I will limit myself on them. Having played FFXIV, Level 35 is pretty generous. I only ever got to level 42, and I did play a lot. You have access to different classes to experience it. It sounds pretty good, actually.

That being said - why provide indefinite gameplay time to players who have never played the game before, but single out past players who have both subscribed and paid for the base games. That is nonsense to me.

Yes, they are trying to draw in new players. Why would past players need a free trial after all.
    But look at this way. New players are genuinely going to get to play the game we already bought and paid for consistently. All character classes are available to dabble in, as far as I'm aware? Playing all of those through to level 35? With dungeon access? Trials? That sounds like a lot of gameplay for new players. But you can't access any of that if you played the game once.

That's pretty strange to single out past players like that. I kinda wanted to hop in and check the game out again. Maybe get back into it. But well, nope. I'd have to make a new account and that's too much hassle.

She Shoots for the Stars maryadavies's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2014
    FFXIV, FF9, Animal Crossing New Leaf, KH Unchained X US

Having a trial like that isn't a bad thing. Tho I hope they fixed it a bit; gilsellers luv luv trial accounts b/c they can use them to farm gil with. (I should know, they had a problem with them in FFXI.) They ended up crippling trial accounts majorly in that game for that reason to stop gilsellers from using them. (they can't trade gil, for instance. Or send tells unless someone sends them a tell; then they can send that person tells. If you're curious, here's the whole list.) If they didn't, expect them to eventually cripple them major just to discourage gilsellers; what they did once, can happen again.

That said; I'm a little under halfway done on this stage of my anima weapon. We'll see after roulettes and raid night tonight, but I'm getting there with farming light. The last stage though should go really fast. ^_^

Registered
    Nov 2014

Ok for funs; Benchmark is out. Get that here.

Here's my score:

Gogogogo, if you guys play PC let's see yours.

[Edit] Oh and I forgot. Compy stats:
    I5 3570K (not overclocked; I don't do that)
    16 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (new card; I just upgraded it a week or two ago~!)

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

Got Extremely High at 720p and 900p. Very High at 1080p. Not too shabby for a non-gaming computer.

Registered
    Nov 2014

Wouldn't mind seeing some more people use that benchmark. (I used it for a video card stress test, btw.)

Anyway I'm cheering right now. SINDRI LUX GOT!

Weapon is not that visually impressive compared to ARR weaps (I've seen them) but I think it looks nice, just not impressive. I'm sure this'll last me a while with the level cap going up. ^^ Which is the idea!

And btw, thank you Hellz Taki for walking me though the last three primals and being the second healer on those. I always like having at least one familiar face when I do new stuff, and voice chat better so I can learn mechs. (that's his skype btw, I didn't realize I left it on.)
    Last edited by maryadavies; May 15, 2017 at 03:26 AM.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

Nice. By the way, anyone else playing on Moogle?

I finally reached level 50 with my Bard!

Registered
    Nov 2014

Okay, the server move is done. I've noticed a little less choppy stuff most of the time. (Ping for me is 80-90 ish ms now, don't know what it was before.) The NA server's in Sacremento California now, according to people that know (from Reddit); I live around the Atlanta, GA area. Sorry Re:Magnus, I play on Excal, not Moogle.

Anyway, also Stormblood theme out. Someone thought it was like the Vana'diel March, but it's just different than what's been in the game before: (WARNING! Standard Square trailer warning; there might be spoilers in this. They can't seem to stop that lately..)

Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Persona 5

I'm just ready to be a samurai. Please Stormblood, I AM A SAMURAI AT HEART!

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

I just beat the final dungeon of A Realm Reborn for the first time! Was in a nice party that let me watch all the cutscenes! Yay! Now onto A Realm Awoken and the fluff leading up to Heavensward!

Max
    Registered
    May 2007
    Persona 5

Quote Originally Posted by Re:Magnus View Post
    I just beat the final dungeon of A Realm Reborn for the first time! Was in a nice party that let me watch all the cutscenes! Yay! Now onto A Realm Awoken and the fluff leading up to Heavensward!
    So much fluff, but damn does it end with a bang.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

They SAVED Bard!!! I'm so happy right now. No more cast time! Wanderer's Minuet is dead! Wohoo!

Registered
    Nov 2014

Also the boosting potions will soon be in the game.

To get a new chara up with all missions up to Stormblood and 1 job with said potions, it'll cost $50. That's $25 each potion (1 job and one mission potion). I'm okay with this, tho I prolly won't use it..they said they weren't going to make them cheap to try to discourage people from using those potions. (Tho there will always be folks with more money than sense..)

Also they are nuking Cleric's Stance (weakening it bad, in other words). I like that; I've always SUCKED at stance dancing. Hopefully this'll allow me to get better at nuking in between cures.

Also I might start working on sands/stuff again; the downside is I might have to respec my anima weap. But not mad, you can't do good things sometimes without breakin' a few eggs.
    Last edited by maryadavies; May 22, 2017 at 11:08 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

You will only be able to use those shortcut potions once per account. I wouldn't use any of it myself even if I felt like I was far behind everyone else, as I like the game and enjoy the story. But you can watch a "movie" version on YouTube and get up to speed with the plot that way, if your main concern is to catch up with you real life friends. Or you might regret your decision to level a certain class/job and don't want to start over. Maybe you always wanted to be a Ninja ever since it was added to the game, but felt like it was too much job catching up.

Registered
    Nov 2014

That's a good thing too, sounds like that'll discourage gilsellers from using them too much. I just noticed in some places (official boards come to mind..) people are saying they should be six bucks each or something..

...Um,what part of "they are going to be expensive to discourage people from using them" do people not get? *rolls eyes* Besides, this is cheaper than WoW; they charge 60 bucks to boost a chara to level 100 unless you buy a certain expansion. I just checked for funs to confirm that. (Disclaimer; I have never played World of Warcraft, tho you can see its influence somewhat in FFXIV; not to mention there's a piece of mmo slang you sometimes see that came from there. namely, "Did someone Leeroy?" for "Did someone just rush in and start the fight before we were ready?" aka. someone's a moron)

Registered
    Jul 2010
    None

I used my fantasia potion that I got with the Heavensward CE. Now I have the "canon" CGI Midlander look (exactly the same build and colour choices as he appears in the Stormblood Benchmark, except I kept his old hairdo since I'm still in the process of working my way up to Heavensward).

Yeah, not "unique" but I play mostly for the story so it'll be fun to see the "canon" protagonist in cutscenes from now on. Since he's also mostly based on the unaltered Hyur Midlander preset, I feel like he's got a major advantage when it comes to lighting and such. I quite liked my original character but he looked so off in certain angles and lighting (pretty much every cutscene in the walking sands made him look crazy).

I guess the downside to this is that some gear definitely doesn't suit him, lol. Like the lvl 50 Bard Gear.