Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Larxeneboi and proud to be DarkosOverlord's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2016
    Officially away from KH III spoilers

Default Re: Why Didn't Kairi take the Exam?

For all her flaws and misfortunes, Kairi's a character that struck people in many different ways, going from hatred to love/wanting better for her.
    It's a different kind of ambivalency than the "I love Xion/I hate Xion": probably because Xion, for better or worse, got her own story while Kairi's always been kind of a sidekick to what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ImVentus View Post
    My bigger question is... How is Kairi & Lea gonna have enough time to train in KH3? Cause it's taking place immediately after 0.2 right?
    Same way Riku got his Road to Dawn and Mickey's pursuit of Xemnas ended up.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

i think there going to multiple visits to radient garden and each time we find out lea and kairi been going on pluss i can see yensid sugesting take lea or kairi into worlds for expeince as well
    Last edited by gosoxtim; January 12, 2018 at 12:47 AM.

Registered
    Jun 2010
    None

Lea and Kairi are also training with Merlin, who canonically has power over time-travel. They're training in the "temporally flexible" most likely.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Playing
    with time, as a symptom

Quote Originally Posted by VoidGear. View Post
    Am I the only one slightly concerned that every Sora or Riku thread at some point derails into really sappy honest SoRiku-consideration / -dismissal talk, while all Kairi gets is "woman in the kitchen" clichés?
    Yeah, it's pretty uncalled for; the series has definitely been neglectful and inconsistent with her characterization but that's par for the course with KH, so it's not as though there's nothing of substance (or of any less substance than usual) to convene around when the topic presents itself. If we were to adopt a glass half-full perspective, the case could be made that she still has a lot of...unused potential.

I'm of the mind that KH3 ought to use it and do so unapologetically. She's still more of a character than most of the anime rainbow villains making up the Organization so if we can spend time with her over them I'll take it.

Registered
    Dec 2015

Lol I only made that bad joke because I find Kairi the most stereotypical/borderline sexist female character in series, especially compared to the other female characters (Aqua, Xion, Namine, or hell even Olette) who are more their own persons with their own drives that exist outside of filling in the role as the male hero's object of saving and default love interest. The writers themselves couldn't think of an actual purpose for her past KH1/CoM because her archetype purpose was already fulfilled in the first game, which they didn't have or plan a solid sequel for. As Sephiroth pointed out:

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    Almost like as if parts of the fandom are trying to "make up" for her character's constant neglect by "canon" by pushing her into the forefront of fandom discussion in every conceivable way.
    This. The fandom's characterization of her is 100% superior and more creative than anything the KH writing team has ever come up with.

Registered
    Jul 2008

I mean I get that people want Kairi to do more cuz she's the only one in her trio who hasn't "put in work." I'm pretty sure her body count is 1. But in all seriousness, taking her character seriously and writing a compelling enough character arc of her own not revolving around Sora or Riku is would only help her as a character in the long run

will I cry when it's all over Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

I do want to note that in the novel and the manga, Kairi actually kills a substantial amount of Heartless in rather flashy manners so at least she is a badass in some other versions of this series.

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Spockanort View Post
    I do want to note that in the novel and the manga, Kairi actually kills a substantial amount of Heartless in rather flashy manners so at least she is a badass in some other versions of this series.
    really that cool to hear spockanort

i do have faith that they going to step up in her devlopment in kh3

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts Union X

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
    Lea and Kairi are also training with Merlin, who canonically has power over time-travel. They're training in the "temporally flexible" most likely.
    True
    That would make sense.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Games....

So this probably isn't the case but maybe instead of going on some grand adventure to become a keyblade master she wanted to finish her semester of classes when Axel tried to abduct her (and instead she ran off with Riku). She even shows selphine the letter bottle with the letter in it while coming home from school one day. Now classes are done she can go train with everyone else.
    I mean in anime kids are always saving the world while in school. How is this any different?
    Last edited by meep2meep; January 13, 2018 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Left out sentence

will I cry when it's all over Oracle Spockanort's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by meep2meep View Post
    So this probably isn't the case but maybe instead of going on some grand adventure to become a keyblade master she wanted to finish her semester of classes when Axel tried to abduct her (and instead she ran off with Riku). She even shows selphine the letter bottle with the letter in it while coming home from school one day. Now classes are done she can go train with everyone else.
    I mean in anime kids are always saving the world while in school. How is this any different?
    The only person who cares about school in this series is Olette xD

Kairi, as far as we’ve seen, is much like Sora and Riku in that she is 100% okay leaving her life behind to go find her friends or go on an adventure. If it keeps them together, she’d always chase after them. Way back when, BBS’s ending with Kairi staying on the island absolutely astounded people because she was so adamant in chasing after Sora and Riku before. It was completely out of character for her to just send them off when she swore she’d always go after them or stay with them so they would never be split apart again.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Games....

BBS’s ending with Kairi staying on the island absolutely astounded people because she was so adamant in chasing after Sora and Riku before. It was completely out of character for her to just send them off when she swore she’d always go after them or stay with them so they would never be split apart again.
    But thats just my point, Thats the only time she's actually just sent them off. Even in KH1 She asks Sora if she can go with him and he shuts her down fast. Can we honestly say that she left the island of her own accord (kh1- fused with sora, kh2- running from Axel) other than to show up at the end of DDD. Again, we don't even know the exact circumstances of how she got to Yen Sids other than Donald and Goofy probably suck at explaining things. She really exists to drive the plot forward like, Pluto... poor lost Pluto.
    I mean she constantly says she wants to be with the boys, but her actions never really prove otherwise. I have a sub theory (not that this joke I made is even a theory) that Namine actually has more control inside kairi than we were led to believe initally. We see that Roxas can conversate and influence Sora. Why can't Namine do the same? I mean post Kh2 anything Kairi does is questionable... not that we've seen much of her lol

Also super side not I want Hayden back :'(

Registered
    Jun 2013
    None

i owuld love to see hayden back as well but im willing to give alyson stoner a chance as kairi if for some reason hayden cant do it

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Games....

Quote Originally Posted by gosoxtim View Post
    i owuld love to see hayden back as well but im willing to give alyson stoner a chance as kairi if for some reason hayden cant do it
    Hayden isnt up to anything as of now to my knowledge... even if she doesn't voice Kairi I hope she voices some character. Like Alyson was fine for Xion. I just don't think she has the proper voice for Kairi...and her kwirks.

TRAPPED IN THE SHADOW REALM! Launchpad's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    Camping in front of Wal Mart til KH3 drops
    Several characters in Avenue Q

The only person who cares about school in this series is Olette xD

Kairi, as far as we’ve seen, is much like Sora and Riku in that she is 100% okay leaving her life behind to go find her friends or go on an adventure. If it keeps them together, she’d always chase after them. Way back when, BBS’s ending with Kairi staying on the island absolutely astounded people because she was so adamant in chasing after Sora and Riku before. It was completely out of character for her to just send them off when she swore she’d always go after them or stay with them so they would never be split apart again.
    I sort of headcanon'd this situation as Sora and Riku maybe having had a conversation with her, convincing her to stay, and that they'll be back soon. It doesn't excuse the scene from being bad, but I think that is a trait of Kairi's-- she has determination when she needs to but isn't impossible to be convinced to stay back. She's the only kiddo from the island you can't fight.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast