Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Thread: Dumbo 2019

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts 2

Default Dumbo 2019

While Dumbo has been a favourite of my child years. The film is not my favourite anymore, but I appreciate it, love Dumbo as a character and love the Pink Elephants On Parade sequence.

Let's see how this one can stand on it's own.

Registered
    Jan 2013

Default Re: Dumbo 2019

Well it certainly does have the Tim Burton feel. Which may or may not be a good thing, lol.

Registered
    May 2017
    Soul Calibur 6

It looks a bit.....flat.....empty.....

Though I might be salty because they have seemed to replace the cute mouse with a lackluster and uninteresting white family.

Shame, because I was really looking forward to this one, because the original animated classic is a good animated movie, it's just also regretfully loaded with racism. Dumbo is actually one of the rare Disney classics that was vital for a remake.

edit : the nightmare fuel and the artistic and wild wonder from the Pink Elephants part seems now to be gone as well.

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts 2

The Pink Elephants will probably not be as wild and crazy, but it seems from that preview to at least be visually appealing. Dumbo looks too cute to be real.

Registered
    Jul 2009

I still have a hard time even imaging a live action Dumbo film. Of all the Disney movies, why Dumbo?

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts 2

From the most recent premise for the film, I can tell that this tale will not be a repeat or carbon copy of Disney's 1941's classic.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Registered
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ImVentus View Post
    From the most recent premise for the film, I can tell that this tale will not be a repeat or carbon copy of Disney's 1941's classic.
    Ah, I agree. The 1941 classic has many important messages aimed at youth. I hope they included them.

"Dark secrets" makes me ponder how far they'll actually go...

Registered
    Jul 2014
    Kingdom Hearts 2

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Ah, I agree. The 1941 classic has many important messages aimed at youth. I hope they included them.

"Dark secrets" makes me ponder how far they'll actually go...
    I believe that many of the strong morals from the 1941 film will be present. And here's hoping that this Dreamland leaves a strong impact on the story. It really has me intrigued, knowing that there is darker elements added in.

Registered
    May 2017
    College on Critical mode, at level 1

FINALLY! A FREAKING TRAILER AND YEAR RELEASE! HOOH BOY LET'S GO!
    I remember a time when i used to carry around the VHS all the time as a kid, it never left my side i loved it that much. This was back in a time where VHS players were commonplace and anywhere you went you were practically guaranteed one. Nowadays, i'm aware of the racist crows and the roustabout scene being controversial, and maybe it's the nostalgia goggles blinding me but I don't really think they're as bad as people think. Don't get me wrong, their inclusion is bad, but the crows are portrayed in a semi-positive light. Yeah, they heckle dumbo but in the end their feather and teachings allowed him to fly and make use of his big ears, which up until that point have only served as a hindrance for the young elephant. As for the roustabouts, maybe they add to the ringmaster's role as a disney villain? I mean in their song they speak of their low wages being barely enough to get by and how they're always exhausted, it's kind of a hidden reason why you should hate the villain. In the end, I'm glad they're rebooting this disney classic and updating it, but the removal of Timothy mouse will be missed, as he was a pivotal part of the story.

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Final Fantasy XV (Paucket Edition) :Y

Dumbo is one of my top 10 Disney animated films. I will be seeing this. Eva Green only solidifies my hopes for this film.

I will admit it needs more Timothy Mouse though