Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Registered
    Jan 2017
    DMCV

Default Re: Genies - Live-Action Aladdin Prequel

Funny thing is the background score kinda of reminded me of Star Wars.

Tbh I rather have more experimental takes like Malificient than just straight remakes. So I'm not that interested in it. I wanted to be because its Aladdin and I love Guy Ritchie but I'm just not feeling it.

Pass.

...the man who history forgot Ballad of Caius's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2014
    FINAL FANTASY XV Pocket Edition HD

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Baymax View Post
    I'm sorry, Jafar speaking got me over the edge...
    Some of us genuinely think that Live-Action is a trend that needs to die down.

Registered
    May 2017
    KH3

Quote Originally Posted by Ballad of Caius View Post
    Some of us genuinely think that Live-Action is a trend that needs to die down.
    Or just die all together.

This may sound cruel to those who actually like and enjoy them, but, what's the point? Seriously. The movies already exist in classic animation form. There seems to be this false belief that children today, don't or wouldn't like the old animation style, but my niece watched the old Robin Hood recently and she really liked it. Also, it's just provoking on those who are nostalgic for the old movies, but if you want to re-watch them, they are already there. Gah! Oh "But drawings are for kids, and Live Action is more adult !" No, animation does not equal children's media! Gah !

Rant over.

Registered
    Jan 2013

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...3wRZqb25bycVTq

New trailer. This actually looks pretty good

Organization Member Megavoltage's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2011

Trailer was good and I've gotten used to CGI Genie. Everything is looking nice... except for that Jafar. So bland! The guy just doesn't hold a candle compared to Jonathan Freeman's take on the character. We've only seen a few seconds of Nu Jafar's full performance so maybe it's too quick to judge but I'm just not feeling it.

At 2:15 it looks like Iago's size was magically altered. It'll be interesting to see the sneaky little minion be a genuine physical threat to Aladdin. I hope we get more script changes like that, cool stuff.
    Last edited by Megavoltage; March 13, 2019 at 09:18 PM.

Registered
    May 2017
    KH3

Got to admit that the remake is looking incredibly better and smoother now. About Jafar, he's pretending to be BFFs with Aladdin so he'll go into the Cave of Wonders and grab him the lamp and the Genie, so that's why he sounds so soft, I hope.

Registered
    Feb 2019
    Platinuming KH3

I'll just say though, that the last trailer of the Beauty and the Beast film looked good, but then the actual film ended up being average at best.

Trailers can do a lot to make a poor film look good. And if there are any song and dance numbers, we haven't seen anything of that yet so...

Zip
    Registered
    Jan 2018
    None

Quote Originally Posted by SerDuncan View Post
    I'll just say though, that the last trailer of the Beauty and the Beast film looked good, but then the actual film ended up being average at best.

Trailers can do a lot to make a poor film look good. And if there are any song and dance numbers, we haven't seen anything of that yet so...
    There are song and dance numbers. Friend Like Me and shots of people dancing to what I’m guessing is Prince Ali were both in the trailer.

...the man who history forgot Ballad of Caius's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2014
    FINAL FANTASY XV Pocket Edition HD

Jafar sucks. They should have had his voice actor voice over the lines. And I'll wait to see the movie to deliver a judgement. A nostalgic song such as A Whole New World guarantees liking from the getgo.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456