Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    She Shoots for the Stars maryadavies's Avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2014
    FFXIV, Dragon Quest 13, KH Unchained X US

Default Knit two, purl one. Aw forget it! Pass me the crochet hook! Cat and yarn...

I was trying to ask, but people AFK..Sorry if this is in teh wrong forum!

I don't know if people know this, but I do crochet and knit now and then. Not always mm..fan art in 3 dimensions (tho I HAVE made a moogle, I'll find that bad cell phone pic in my Photobucket if you guys are curious), but I do make things. Give me some knitting needles and yarn, or a crochet hook and some yarn, and I can proly make something cute.

This evening, I was glaring down a big problem!! My sister in law had gotten me this stress ball for Christmas:

I liked the stress ball, no bueno on the cover ripping up. Not to mention it made me mad to see something like that rip up so fast. So I checked pattern sites, found a cute pattern that might work to make a new cover for it. Turned out great:

Ha, made it into a lemon XD. Cute though and hopefully it'll last me a few more years!
    Last edited by maryadavies; August 3, 2017 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Goodbye photobucket, hello imgur...

Registered
    Nov 2014

Default Re: Knit two, purl one. Aw forget it! Pass me the crochet hook! Cat and yarn...

Since I got more time now, let me put up the rest of my yarn-y exploits.

This was the beginning of a light cancer cap for my baby sister (she had ovarian cancer) -- It turned out great btw.

Cat ears I made for a silly hat contest.

Selfie with the cat ears.

Hat and mittens I made for my nephew.

Baby booties I made for a friend's baby.

Baby sweater I think I either made for one of my nieces or my nephew.

Another baby sweater, this def for the nephew.

Mittens and scarves I made for my nieces.

Dishcloth.

That moogle I mentioned. Hadn't added the wings yet, if I try that again I'm wiring them instead of using glue-stuff.

Scarf I still use!

I'll put up more later.
    Last edited by maryadavies; August 3, 2017 at 03:46 AM.

Registered
    Sep 2010
    Default Re: Knit two, purl one. Aw forget it! Pass me the crochet hook! Cat and yarn...

I can't help to admire all of the things you've knitted, maryadavies. I can't knit anything more than a scarf! It seems like you've had loads of practice! I really like the lemon the most, because it looks just like one! The cat ears are quite fitting for you and amusing to say the least, because I know you like to play as cat girl. xD The baby sweater and dish cloth are also fantastic too. Seriously, I'm impressed with all of the things you made. And the moogle. Oh the moogle. <3 It's so precious! I hope you add the wings for it soon. <3

I hope it's not too weird for me to ask you this: Have you ever consider making a business on Etsy? You're really good at knitting, so I imagine you could get quite a few customers.

Registered
    Nov 2014

I mentioned this on IRC, but I have tried Etsy; the problem is I use some patterns from Ralvary that people actually ask you not to make for anything but personal use. And to make yourself stand out, you need to have some unique stuff, which I don't. ^^

Also the moogle did get wings, I sold it to a friend after I stitched them on and stiffened them with a glue-stiffener. (They were felt.) If I ever make another one, I mean to wire the wings instead.

Also if things get better (And I think people could get behind this) I mean to make chemo caps for the cancer centers in my area in my mom's honor. I do have a thing about cancer, since I've had two people in my immediate family with ovarian cancer. (Mom died of it; well the complications. Still unhappy about that)

Registered
    Nov 2014

Sorry about bumping this after so long. But we seem to have a Monster That Eats Dishrags (tm) in the linen closet. AKA; we got a case of disappearing dishcloths.

Yesterday after I donated plasma, I went over to Hobby Lobby and got me a cone of cotton yarn 40% off with a coupon. (They always seem to have good coupons) and started knitting dishcloths.

Pardon the mess on these photos; I am NOT a neat person and I need to pick up my room a bit once I'm not chasing my tail round and round.

The cone of yarn..

Finished dishcloth.

Would you believe that I knit dishcloths more than anything? Now if that monster that eats dishcloths..or whatever is causing the dishcloths to disappear..goes away, I won't have to buy a cone of yarn every year or two :/
    Last edited by maryadavies; August 3, 2017 at 03:56 AM.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

Quote Originally Posted by maryadavies View Post
    Sorry about bumping this after so long. But we seem to have a Monster That Eats Dishrags (tm) in the linen closet. AKA; we got a case of disappearing dishcloths.

Yesterday after I donated plasma, I went over to Hobby Lobby and got me a cone of cotton yarn 40% off with a coupon. (They always seem to have good coupons) and started knitting dishcloths.

Pardon the mess on these photos; I am NOT a neat person and I need to pick up my room a bit once I'm not chasing my tail round and round.

The cone of yarn..

Finished dishcloth.

Would you believe that I knit dishcloths more than anything? Now if that monster that eats dishcloths..or whatever is causing the dishcloths to disappear..goes away, I won't have to buy a cone of yarn every year or two :/
    Are you thinking about knitting a dish cloth or an oven mitt with a Paopu Fruit on it? It's just a thought.

Registered
    Nov 2014

Hmm, Dreaded! I'll think about doing a hot pad/oven mitt later on with a papou fruit on it once I finish fixing our immediate problem (okay, who stole the dishcloths?), I'll check my yarn stash. :3

The trouble with doing it on a dishcloth is 1. Dishcloths are textured on purpose (hard to do a pattern on that) and 2. I find they last longer made from 100% cotton yarn, so I usually make them from that. Well, when they don't keep vanishing! I mostly have acryllic in the stash, and I wouldn't make a dishcloth out of that. And I usually use multicolored yarn for dishcloths just because I like how that comes out a lot of the time. ^^
    Last edited by maryadavies; September 1, 2016 at 01:56 AM.

Administrator
    Registered
    Sep 2010

That bee sweater is amazing.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

Hmm, Dreaded! I'll think about doing a hot pad/oven mitt later on with that on it once I finish fixing our immediate problem (okay, who stole the dishcloths?), I'll check my yarn stash. :3

The trouble with doing it on a dishcloth is 1. Dishcloths are textured on purpose (hard to do a pattern on that) and 2. I find they last longer made from 100% cotton yarn, so I usually make them from that. Well, when they don't keep vanishing! I mostly have acryllic in the stash, and I wouldn't make a dishcloth out of that. And I usually use multicolored yarn for dishcloths just because I like how that comes out a lot of the time. ^^
    Well, whatever you decide to do. I wish you luck with it. I hope you can find them.

Registered
    Nov 2014

Me too Dreaded. I do get tired of having to knit new ones every couple years or so. They should last longer than that!

I think some ones my Grandma Clay made lasted us 5 years or more? Geez. We really need to catch the dishcloth thief/monster that eats'em.

And Tao: Thank you. I think that lasted 2 babies, I'll have to ask Joanna. ^^

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

Me too Dreaded. I do get tired of having to knit new ones every couple years or so. They should last longer than that!

I think some ones my Grandma Clay made lasted us 5 years or more? Geez. We really need to catch the dishcloth thief/monster that eats'em.

And Tao: Thank you. I think that lasted 2 babies, I'll have to ask Joanna. ^^
    Hopefully, it isn't a pet that is making off with them.

Registered
    Nov 2014

Dreaded: We don't have a pet around here (sis seems to have allergies to furry things) but I have it on good report that when my younger niece is over here, she likes to steal them to use for baby blankets..

Maybe we'll find out where that kid dropped them, or find out where in the closet they ended up. That closet is a mess.

Registered
    Apr 2016

Wow, you do a really good job!!!!!
    Love the bee sweater, hat and mittens!!!

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

You could also do something for Thalassa seashells on some mittens, it's your choice. Any way, all your work is great!

Registered
    Nov 2014

Dreaded: That's a cool idea! I'll think about it and see if I can find a cross stitch pattern program that works on Windows 10 (Same kinda thing for knitting) later on.

And thanks both of you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast