Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Registered
    Jan 2004
    Overwatch & FFXIV

Default Re: Cosplay and costume thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded_Desire62 View Post
    Lol, this true. I think I might want to cosplay as a guy since I do happen to have a masculine appearance somewhat.
    You still wanna wear make up and stuff to contour and sharpen up what needs to be sharpened up [jaw line and whatnot].

I haven't cross played myself, but it seems like fun. Just be careful with binding and stuff [say no to ace bandages]

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyance View Post
    You still wanna wear make up and stuff to contour and sharpen up what needs to be sharpened up [jaw line and whatnot].

I haven't cross played myself, but it seems like fun. Just be careful with binding and stuff [say no to ace bandages]
    What is so bad about ace bandages?

Registered
    Jan 2004
    Overwatch & FFXIV

What is so bad about ace bandages?
    From what I know, and what I have read, Ace bandages are to be avoided due to the fact that they're meant specifically to constrict and hold down what they're wrapped up on. They don't allow the breasts to really flatten, but squish down inwards, and unfortunately, down onto the ribcage, constricting that, and resulting in you losing breath which is super important to do. Breathing is good.

Binding bras and tops are much more recommended, as they allow room and flatten much simpler, and comfortably. It's important to do research on companies you buy from as well, as quality is important with this matter. Again, breathing is good.

And it should be noted that binding is not an all day thing, you want to take a break, and also not wear the binding for your first time more than 30 minutes. It's something to get used to, and gradually work up to maybe 5 hours.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyance View Post
    From what I know, and what I have read, Ace bandages are to be avoided due to the fact that they're meant specifically to constrict and hold down what they're wrapped up on. They don't allow the breasts to really flatten, but squish down inwards, and unfortunately, down onto the ribcage, constricting that, and resulting in you losing breath which is super important to do. Breathing is good.

Binding bras and tops are much more recommended, as they allow room and flatten much simpler, and comfortably. It's important to do research on companies you buy from as well, as quality is important with this matter. Again, breathing is good.

And it should be noted that binding is not an all day thing, you want to take a break, and also not wear the binding for your first time more than 30 minutes. It's something to get used to, and gradually work up to maybe 5 hours.
    That's good to know, but it'll be hard to find something for my breasts, they are pretty large.

Registered
    Jan 2004
    Overwatch & FFXIV

That's good to know, but it'll be hard to find something for my breasts, they are pretty large.
    There are still binding bra options for larger sizes, believe me. I've seen over D cup breasts get flatted properly and safely in many cosplays. Just do research and be safe. If you feel uncomfortable or short of breath, get out of it.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Donkey Kong 64

This is my kitten, Mheetu cosplaying as a Panda.

Nobody
    Registered
    Jan 2016
    None

Default Re: Cosplay thread!

Looking for people that make full size keyblades ... I want to cosplay Young Xehanort for Expo and you canít buy his keyblade it seems :(

Registered
    Jan 2004
    Overwatch & FFXIV

Well this isn't really a shop but a discussion area...

There are multiple sellers on etsy, ebay, and several cosplay sites that will take commissions. if you find a cosplay artist that actively spits out decent keyblades, maybe you can talk to them?

you have to understand though, that props of any degree, especially something intricate like a keyblade can be... it will be pricey and you'll have to pay for their time, service, and supplies. this can add up really fast and you may disappoint them a bit when you back out immediately after their estimate or try to argue.

you also want to be careful of scammers like i've run into, but i digress...

If it were not so complicated for a first time prop maker, I'd suggest possibly making it yourself and improving and learning the skills necessary to make others. i don't know your skill level, though. if you think you can do it, i highly recommend it. it'll be a challenge but it'd be worth it over all. you'd learn a lot from making this thing, no joke.

Nobody
    Registered
    Jan 2016
    None

if i had the time or the skill with my hands i would make it myself. i'm well aware of rough prices anywhere between £300 and £600. There were a few i got in touch with but they said they had made a few of the particular one and didn't want to make more which is fair enough. I have nerve problems in my hands. I can't keep them steady enough to make this sort of thing even with the time. UK ebay has almost nothing. will try esty and cosplay websites though. thank you.

Registered
    Jul 2008
    Pokemon Picross, Pokemon Sun, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Does anyone know where I could find guides on making patterns? I want to try making a cosplay but I can never find anything for larger cosplayers. I want to attempt making the High School jacket and neck tie for Cardcaptor Sakura but I have no idea how or where to start?

Registered
    Jul 2016
    KHuX NA/JP, Persona 5, FFXIV:ARR

I'm thinking of cosplaying as Strelitzia. Any idea on what fabric to use?

Registered
    Jan 2004
    Overwatch & FFXIV

Quote Originally Posted by FangirlfromHell View Post
    Does anyone know where I could find guides on making patterns? I want to try making a cosplay but I can never find anything for larger cosplayers. I want to attempt making the High School jacket and neck tie for Cardcaptor Sakura but I have no idea how or where to start?
    Yaya Han has fabric patterns for cosplay including school uniforms I believe. I think they're at Joann's?

If you can't find one in her patterns, ask an employee to help you find bigger sizes for what you're looking for. Bring reference pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxu View Post
    I'm thinking of cosplaying as Strelitzia. Any idea on what fabric to use?
    I'd need to know who this is from because google just gives me flowers. Regardless, you kind of have to experiment with fabric. Also if this is your first cosplay I recommend getting help.

Registered
    Oct 2012
    The Game of Love, on Critical Mode

I thought about posting here from now on because Cosplay.com is full of dicks. I got bitched out at by one of the most prominent members of the forums for saying I wished I could afford a serger and for saying that I found some cheaper sewing machines that could work for me. She said that she was sick of my constant downer attitude and accused me of dismissing her advice. No one else responded but only one person, another prominent member, agreed with her. And when I tried to defend myself, the forum asshole who hasn't been banned yet made a joke out of my post because everyone else has moved on. ...But I don't try to be negative all the time. I do remember helping some people. But they didn't give a shit about what makes me happy, so.

You really can't blame some people in the cosplay community for feeling insecure about how they look in their costumes or their craftsmanship skills. Over the years, cosplay has become more mainstream (maybe not just mainstream, but lauded), and with that came arbitrary standards. Sadly, these standards are set by spectators who don't even participate in cosplay, or the few elitists who bitch out at you over the tiniest thing because they can't handle stress well. There was a time when there were very few standards, but I probably wasn't even born yet.

That being said, I wonder if it's okay if I commission most of my cosplays for now. I don't have a lot of apartment space, and I get mice, especially in the winter. My next costume is going to be the Cendrillon version of Hatsune Miku.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021