Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Tumblr
Register


REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    Unversed Not Ienzo's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Nowhere
    Age
    17
    Posts
    211
    Gender
    Playing
    Birth by Sleep FM

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonbilly View Post
    Not to be that bitch but to be that bitch, I still think it would have been interesting to have Xion have been very much an enemy/frenemy to Rucksack. Maybe have the game start off the same with their budding friendship but then once she loses her Keyblade for the first time, start to have her blame and hate Roxas, fall further under Mansex's control, etc. I mean, part of me still believes that was what was initially planned with her considering early, early shit from when the game was first revealed.

    Plus, ya know, Days was trying to parallel BbS in certain aspects (Xemnas touching Roxas the way Terra touched Ven in one of the BbS trailers, Roxas and Xion clashing to become the ultimate weapon for Xemnas like how Ventus and Vanitas clashed to become the ultimate weapon for Geezernort, etc.) As much as I liked RAX, I think shit had way more potential to have Xion be an evil bitch but that's just me.

    I mean, it still keeps Roxas' character in line with his development. If anything, Xion was shoved into development of his character we already knew from KH2. The basic core story of Days could still happen without Xion, it's just that she added a lot more in there than what flashbacks in KH2 led us to believe - though, for better or worse overall? I dunno.

    But that's just my two cents.
    Xion as a villain (or at least not evil, but having a more antagonistic role) sounds pretty cool. o.o

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Echo View Post
    It would probably be even more boring 'cause Riku didn't do anything.
    Well, that's true. He probably could have done stuff but nope, he didn't really do anything until the very end.

  2. #32
    Unversed
    Registered
    Jan 2017
    Age
    26
    Posts
    201
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Ienzo View Post
    Honestly I wonder what Days would have been like if Riku was the main character of that game instead if he was then it technically couldn't even be called 358/2 Days, lmao. And sadly I lack Nomura's beautiful insanity needed to make a title for it.

    Xion could have still been in there and the game could have been about him trying to restore Sora by killing Xion and capturing Roxas. That way there'd be enough focus on both sides (Riku, Namine and DiZ and the RAX trio) so the whole narrative isn't 98% focused on Xion.
    You could still reuse the title and just focus on Riku and Roxas/namine etc or you could reuse Another Side Another Story for it.

    I think focusing on Riku instead Roxas might have been the better choice but since I pitched a Riku focused anime I'm probably biased :P.

  3. #33
    Unversed Not Ienzo's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Nowhere
    Age
    17
    Posts
    211
    Gender
    Playing
    Birth by Sleep FM

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    You could still reuse the title and just focus on Riku and Roxas/namine etc or you could reuse Another Side Another Story for it.

    I think focusing on Riku instead Roxas might have been the better choice but since I pitched a Riku focused anime I'm probably biased :P.
    Lol a Riku based anime sounds interesting. I'd totally watch it. Then again a KH anime in general would be nice but I don't think that'll ever happen.

  4. #34
    Nobody Nukara's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Russia.
    Age
    20
    Posts
    25
    Gender
    Playing
    Kingdom hearts 358/2 day,Pokemon Black and White,Pokemon Ruby,TWEWY.

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    Reading the comments it seems to me that almost the only one on the forum who likes Xion as a character.
    I think the problem of Days is not in it, but in other aspects of the type of monotonous missions. I liked the lampiness in this game and the interaction between RAX.
    And I'm afraid if I remove it or move it to a completely distant plan, all this will disappear well and it will be poorly disclosed and developed as a character as in the case of Kairi.

  5. #35
    Unversed
    Registered
    Jan 2017
    Age
    26
    Posts
    201
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    People see Days as a filler game because in KH2 you have seen the beginning,middle and end of Roxas's story. That can also why Xion is hated more uniquely compared to other characters who earned fan scorn like Terra. Xion is different because she is impeding on an established event. People complained that she does everything roxas should have been doing in the game.

    Versus Terra who's considered too stupid or too indecisive to really get invested in. People don't think he shouldn't exist: they just hate him as an individual. Thats because Birth By Sleep focused on a point of time that we hadn't experienced fully: we just heard vague recollections.

    So Xion's was given more difficulties from the get go because we already expierenced Roxas's story versus TVA and the story of Unchained.
    Last edited by Rodin; October 26, 2017 at 12:43 AM.

  6. #36
    space gay Absent's Avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tosche Station
    Posts
    2,245
    Playing
    Life on Critical Mode

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nukara View Post
    Reading the comments it seems to me that almost the only one on the forum who likes Xion as a character.
    I think the problem of Days is not in it, but in other aspects of the type of monotonous missions. I liked the lampiness in this game and the interaction between RAX.
    And I'm afraid if I remove it or move it to a completely distant plan, all this will disappear well and it will be poorly disclosed and developed as a character as in the case of Kairi.

    Don't worry, Xion is well beloved in this community. Its easy to see and focus on the negative, when in reality a great deal of fans love her and Days. Same goes for a lot of characters in this series.

  7. #37
    bisexuals in space Lonbilly's Avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,604
    Gender
    Playing
    Trails in the Sky FC, Tales of Zestiria, Pokemon Glazed, Remember Me

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    So Xion's was given more difficulties from the get go because we already expierenced Roxas's story versus TVA and the story of Unchained.
    This + the fact Nomura wasn't the one who created Xion and never had plans for a 14th member in the game until the novel writer came up with her + the need to take a more unique duo relationship and make it a trio + Xion's obvious existence to cockblock two guys getting too mushy feeling with one another is why I have issues with the character.

    I genuinely like, I just wish she had been used more uniquely lol. At the point the series was at when she was revealed, we didn't have anything featuring a potentially toxic frenemies/enemies relationship between two mains outside of Sora & Riku in KH1. Even Repliku wouldn't have been able to be compared to Xion too much if that was the route they took, even if they would have shared more in common at that point than they do now. But again, that's just me.

    And as for Xion's popularity, she has more fans than haters in the fandom. The live reactions at that KH event where they showed the opening of KH3D to an audience and everyone SCREAMED when they saw her, Axel and Roxas shows that.

  8. #38
    Poutymer in da house Sephiroth0812's Avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,277
    Gender
    Playing
    Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, KH 2.5 HD Birth by Sleep FM

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Absent View Post
    Don't worry, Xion is well beloved in this community. Its easy to see and focus on the negative, when in reality a great deal of fans love her and Days. Same goes for a lot of characters in this series.
    Full agreement.
    In most cases the "haters" of a certain character or plot point are just more visible on the i-net because those tend to be louder and more forceful.

    Personally, it's also not that I hate Xion as a character nor do I think she should have been never introduced or completely removed from Days, but I do think the general focus of Days' story was too much set on her and several parts of the drama came over as forced and extra "sad" to make the audience like her and feel for her more what honestly had by the end sort of the opposite effect on me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonbilly View Post
    This + the fact Nomura wasn't the one who created Xion and never had plans for a 14th member in the game until the novel writer came up with her + the need to take a more unique duo relationship and make it a trio + Xion's obvious existence to cockblock two guys getting too mushy feeling with one another is why I have issues with the character.

    I genuinely like, I just wish she had been used more uniquely lol. At the point the series was at when she was revealed, we didn't have anything featuring a potentially toxic frenemies/enemies relationship between two mains outside of Sora & Riku in KH1. Even Repliku wouldn't have been able to be compared to Xion too much if that was the route they took, even if they would have shared more in common at that point than they do now. But again, that's just me.

    And as for Xion's popularity, she has more fans than haters in the fandom. The live reactions at that KH event where they showed the opening of KH3D to an audience and everyone SCREAMED when they saw her, Axel and Roxas shows that.
    To be honest this is a bit of an iffy issue as Nomura did have ideas about "a girl his own age influencing Roxas" but otherwise it is correct. The character Xion itself was created by Tomoco Kanemaki, author of the KH novels, and then taken up and included by Nomura.
    I've heard the claim so often that Xion was included "obviously" to "rectify" the rather close and easily "misinterpreted" relationship between Axel and Roxas (and let's be honest, back when KH 2 was still fresh Axel/Roxas was the ultimate same-sex relationship across fandom shipping circles) but I've never actually seen any indication towards this really being the case?
    I mean, I doubt the KH team/staff actually cares that much about the crazy parts of fandom who ship the shit out of nearly every introduced original character and Nomura himself is known to not really give a damn.

    In general I tend to agree with this sentiment. As I stated above, for me the problem is not Xion existing or being included, but how and to what extent she was used/the story centered around her.

    That seems to be the case with most of the characters I'd say, although Xion's case has also the speciality that to a great extent those in fandom who started with Days tend to also have a more favorable view towards it in general.

  9. #39
    SENA Hates Him! The_Echo's Avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,262
    Gender

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth0812 View Post
    To be honest this is a bit of an iffy issue as Nomura did have ideas about "a girl his own age influencing Roxas" but otherwise it is correct.
    Let's be honest. It was Naminé.

  10. #40
    Unversed palizinhas's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2016
    Age
    20
    Posts
    142
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    The thing though is that the full quote is that they thought he left the Organization because of "someone close to him", and that it was better if that someone was a girl.

    Which then gives out three options out of existing characters:

    1) Naminé. Naminé's first words to Roxas in KH2 are that she always wanted to meet him, meaning she tells him they never met before. That being the case, this means the first thing she ever told him in KH2 was a lie, and not only that, but she also kept the fact that she knew why he could wield the Keyblade (as in, she knew about Sora) from him, even though it was something he wanted to know enough he left the Organization over, and that just makes no sense if they knew each other enough that she could be considered to be close to him. This would just make their relationship in KH2 even sketchier than it already is with the memory erasing.

    2) Kairi. Kairi doesn't seem to recognize Roxas at all when they speak in that scene when Roxas falls off the clocktower. She could have gotten her memories of him erased, but that seems a very random thing to do when clearly no one bothered to erase the Org's memories of Roxas, and that seems like it would be a lot more important.

    3) Olette. Which I guess is possible? I mean, she sees Roxas' picture briefly in KH2, I think, but maybe she just didn't comment on it, since HPO did meet Roxas once in Days and Hayner and Pence didn't mention anything either.

    So the closes possibility after a new character is Olette. Which could be fun, though I'm not sure how it would have worked.
    Last edited by palizinhas; October 26, 2017 at 04:25 PM.

  11. #41
    Unversed
    Registered
    Jan 2017
    Age
    26
    Posts
    201
    Gender
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    Honestly I don't mind the idea of more nobodies being introduced because the Organization is so dang cool. I would have been more hyped if you gave me 6 new nobodies that have distinct personalities/weapons/elements etc that roxas or riku has to fight over the course of this game.

    So my problem with Xion is more she's indistinct in design and inconsequential in impact. Hopefully if she does come back she becomes more distinct as a person and gets a chance to make her own life.
    Last edited by Rodin; October 27, 2017 at 12:09 AM.

  12. #42
    SENA Hates Him! The_Echo's Avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,262
    Gender

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    Quote Originally Posted by palizinhas View Post
    1) Naminé. Naminé's first words to Roxas in KH2 are that she always wanted to meet him, meaning she tells him they never met before.
    About this, she does say "just this once" in the localization. In Japanese, her phrasing doesn't imply a first meeting.
    Furthermore, at that point in the story, Roxas has had his own memory wiped due to the simulation, so technically it is their first meeting regardless.

    Given how close they appear to be at the end of the game, I think it feels rather askew that they don't have some kind of history.

  13. #43
    Unversed palizinhas's Avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2016
    Age
    20
    Posts
    142
    Playing
    None

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Echo View Post
    About this, she does say "just this once" in the localization. In Japanese, her phrasing doesn't imply a first meeting.
    Furthermore, at that point in the story, Roxas has had his own memory wiped due to the simulation, so technically it is their first meeting regardless.

    Given how close they appear to be at the end of the game, I think it feels rather askew that they don't have some kind of history.
    That doesn't change the rest of my point though. If Naminé lied to Roxas the whole time she knew him before KH2, how chummy they are when Roxas gets his memory back doesn't make much sense, because it means Roxas knows she kept the truth from him. The whole point Riku gives towards the end is that Roxas really wanted to meet Sora, and we know from that flashback between Roxas and Axel that Roxas really wanted to find out the truth about himself. Naminé could have given him both at any given moment, but if they met beforehand, it means she chose not to.

    I prefer the canon "Roxas likes Naminé because she was the first person he ever met that was actually willing to tell him the truth" than "she kept the truth from him throughout most of his life, and only found it safe to tell him by the point it actually doesn't matter, allowing him to be kidnapped by Riku and not given a choice instead of coming clean earlier because she didn't want him to know it was her fault".

  14. #44
    Unversed Not Ienzo's Avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Nowhere
    Age
    17
    Posts
    211
    Gender
    Playing
    Birth by Sleep FM

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    EDIT: Feel free to ignore this. I just really wanted to write my thoughts down since I've been writing a 358/2 Days AU with Riku as the lead. You can read it in the link below shameless self-advertising ftw.

    https://forums.khinsider.com/fanfict...2-days-au.html

    ...

    ...

    Spoiler Spoiler Show
    Last edited by Not Ienzo; November 11, 2017 at 07:33 PM.

  15. #45
    Keyblade Apprentice redcrown's Avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    673
    Gender

    Default Re: 358/2 Days...without Xion?

    you mean how the game was originally supposed to be in the first place?

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •