• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NEO: TWEWY Collab with Reynatis Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
In the most recent trailer for Reynatis, an upcoming JRPG from FuRyu, there is a brief scene at the end where the 109 building begins to glitch. If you look closely, you can see that the numbers on the building change from 109 to 104.

In addition, they posted this message referencing “noise.” Another trailer is dropping on 5/9 that will likely reveal what this is all about!

IMG_2153.jpeg

Reynatis already collaborated with TWEWY once before as an April Fool’s joke where the website glitched into the TWEWY version of Shibuya.

IMG_2049.jpeg

EDIT: Collab confirmed.

Last edited:

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Still find it funny how the game people compared to Verum Rex and Versus just swerves to a TWEWY collab prolly cuz not many people WANT to deal with Disney despite them being "yeah fine go ahead" when it comes to KH outside of the Disney content while Nomura's the particular one

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I just find it hysterical that the two KH spinoffs are doing a crossover with each other, while KH is lying dead in a ditch.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I just find it hysterical that the two KH spinoffs are doing a crossover with each other, while KH is lying dead in a ditch.
Now if only they could work something out with Epic Mickey Rebrushed, we'd be set.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Reynatis doesn't impress me, but I'm glad TWEWY is living one way or another. They did NEO dirty with the lack of marketing.

I hope this doesn't mean we won't have TWEWY in KH4 though.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
It's actually amazing. TWEWY starts as an honest to god straight character copy of KH, and Reynatis is just Verum Rex, which is just Versus 13. So a copy and a copy of a copy get to play together in the sandpit, and the original is stuck god knows where.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
It's actually amazing. TWEWY starts as an honest to god straight character copy of KH, and Reynatis is just Verum Rex, which is just Versus 13. So a copy and a copy of a copy get to play together in the sandpit, and the original is stuck god knows where.
....okay when the fuck was TWEWY a straight character copy of KH are you out of your nut?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
....okay when the fuck was TWEWY a straight character copy of KH are you out of your nut?

Neku is clearly Sora, Shiki is clearly Kairi, Beat is clearly Roxas, Rhyme is clearly Namine. Seriously? I remember talking about this when the game came out in these forums, when we weren't sure what the next sequels were going to be like.

Chie

Awards
Their character arcs have zero similarities at all...?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, discussions back in the day was focused a lot on the visual similarities between KH and TWEWY, similar themes, similar character designs, all that jazz. It was very common for people to think of TWEWY as more than just a sibling to KH, and then they crossed over.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, and even after the game had come out, I remember feeling strange that the characters were in DDD, since I still thought of them as alternate versions of the KH characters.

I don't actually recall what the exact discussions were like (Jesus, has it really been 16 years?), but I remember it was a bit surreal. The character models were incredibly similar, the enemies were basically the Heartless, and we weren't sure what the direction of the series was. It genuinely felt like a KH title in a way.

Back